Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech mods - no elusive, resilient, or shield rating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech mods - no elusive, resilient, or shield rating?

Mavnas
01.17.2012 , 12:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by flegg View Post
That's nice. Except I have epics on my companions and they are still not on par with me. Have fun wasting your time making mods for alt companions at the different levels when you can just buy them at the commendations vendors.
Yes, because I have infinite commendations to buy mods with the second I step onto a planet and also hate buying the purple boxes from there.

Joxerthemighty
01.17.2012 , 01:03 PM | #22
can bioware confirm whether there are patterns to learn from RE elusive mods purchased on the GTN or removed from the corelia vendor gloves?

i've tried a few but they are rare on the GTN and expensive in corelia commendations on the vendors there.
Explorer: 67%, Socializer: 67%, Achiever: 33%, Killer: 33%

RobertMcDonald
05.07.2012 , 01:41 AM | #23
So... 3.5 months later...

We're just out of luck? No tanking mods?

Why??
Jedi Sentinel (Combat) / Imperial Operative (Concealment) / Republic Commando (Gunnery)
My Old Republic screenshot gallery

ConradLionhart
05.07.2012 , 02:12 AM | #24
I think the strength of crafting should be the diversity of the stats that you can make.

I don't really know the game that well, but if mods with shield rating exist in the game, Cybertech should be able to make them.

RobertMcDonald
05.07.2012 , 10:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
I think the strength of crafting should be the diversity of the stats that you can make.

I don't really know the game that well, but if mods with shield rating exist in the game, Cybertech should be able to make them.
In a recent Q&A Bioware recently suggested that if people want really good mods they should look to crafters rather than the commendation vendors. And yet, there are plenty of types of mods we can't make. Seems strange.
Jedi Sentinel (Combat) / Imperial Operative (Concealment) / Republic Commando (Gunnery)

JhomGCC
05.07.2012 , 01:01 PM | #26
Bumping this little one, seriously BW... What were you doing when you decided that Cybertech wasnt going to get Tanking mods, yet it will have both DPS and Healing mods...

Fix this, or at least explain why...

RobertMcDonald
05.08.2012 , 09:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JhomGCC View Post
Fix this, or at least explain why...
That would be nice.

KalSpiro
05.08.2012 , 09:53 AM | #28
This has been a problem since beta. The same trouble with Artifice not having any shields for tank specced assassins/shadows. Now with 1.2 that was supposed to be fixed for Artifice, yet Cybertech is still out of luck. I have three tank alts. I can make Force User Armorings for my lowbie Assassin, but that seems to be because I bought them forever ago. I can't seem to find any Guardian Armorings for my Guardian, nor Commando Armorings for my Vanguard. Regardless of that, though, there are not Mods for any of them at all.
Passion rules thought. Serenity is the path to understanding.
Ignorance rules power. Knowledge is the path to strength.
Weakness rules the masses. Control is the path to victory.
Through the Force my will is done. Through my will the Force prospers.

RobertMcDonald
05.08.2012 , 09:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by KalSpiro View Post
This has been a problem since beta.
Unless it's "working as intended."

Quote: Originally Posted by KalSpiro View Post
The same trouble with Artifice not having any shields for tank specced assassins/shadows. Now with 1.2 that was supposed to be fixed for Artifice, yet Cybertech is still out of luck. I have three tank alts. I can make Force User Armorings for my lowbie Assassin, but that seems to be because I bought them forever ago. I can't seem to find any Guardian Armorings for my Guardian, nor Commando Armorings for my Vanguard. Regardless of that, though, there are not Mods for any of them at all.
You get access to Force Weider/Guardian and similar armorings at around level 31-35 (I don't remember exactly). Why they hold off on letting you have access to these, I'm not sure, but you do get them.

KalSpiro
05.08.2012 , 10:02 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by RobertMcDonald View Post
Unless it's "working as intended."

You get access to Force Weider/Guardian and similar armorings at around level 31-35 (I don't remember exactly). Why they hold off on letting you have access to these, I'm not sure, but you do get them.
Tht's the problem though. My Vanguard is sporting Commando Armorings from Coruscant. They're level 15, why do I have to wait until 30s to compete with standard vendors?
Passion rules thought. Serenity is the path to understanding.
Ignorance rules power. Knowledge is the path to strength.
Weakness rules the masses. Control is the path to victory.
Through the Force my will is done. Through my will the Force prospers.