Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech mods - no elusive, resilient, or shield rating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech mods - no elusive, resilient, or shield rating?

bobbyk
01.16.2012 , 06:19 PM | #1
So, can cybertechs learn elusive (defense) or resilient (absorption) or shield rating mods?

When I say mods, I mean mods, not armoring.... BUT...

we can't learn any elusive armoring or mods, can't learn resilient armoring or mods, and can't learn the shield rating one either! (Not sure what the name is for shield rating ones yet, sorry)

What are tanks supposed to do?!?

I know we can get them randomly on gear, but this doesn't really help much. I tried reverse engineering a few of those with no luck learning any new schematics...

I personally believe this is either due to a bug or was simply somehow overlooked.

I'd really like to be able to craft some armoring or mods with actual tanking specs on them other than endurance, so please either fix this, or someone let me know that you have been able to find a way to craft any of the three stats mentioned on your armoring or mods. Thanks!

Has anyone been able to reverse engineer and learn to craft any of these???

bobbyk
01.16.2012 , 08:18 PM | #2
Bumping in hopes to find out more... anyone?

Olvera
01.16.2012 , 09:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bobbyk View Post
So, can cybertechs learn elusive (defense) or resilient (absorption) or shield rating mods?

When I say mods, I mean mods, not armoring.... BUT...

we can't learn any elusive armoring or mods, can't learn resilient armoring or mods, and can't learn the shield rating one either! (Not sure what the name is for shield rating ones yet, sorry)

What are tanks supposed to do?!?

I know we can get them randomly on gear, but this doesn't really help much. I tried reverse engineering a few of those with no luck learning any new schematics...

I personally believe this is either due to a bug or was simply somehow overlooked.

I'd really like to be able to craft some armoring or mods with actual tanking specs on them other than endurance, so please either fix this, or someone let me know that you have been able to find a way to craft any of the three stats mentioned on your armoring or mods. Thanks!

Has anyone been able to reverse engineer and learn to craft any of these???
Yes listen to him. Tanks really would love to have those mods.

Leilei
01.16.2012 , 09:09 PM | #4
Dont those shield rating n stuff fall under the "enhancement" category?

moonlup
01.16.2012 , 09:12 PM | #5
I would also like an answer to this question.

I just recently hit 400 in Cybertech, which my guild was thrilled to hear. But the tanks are asking me for Elusive mods, and I have no idea where to get my hands on them.

Aidbringer
01.17.2012 , 01:06 AM | #6
Aren't these learned from RE'ing regular mod.

You RE a 'Mod X' and if you learn a schematic you willl get something like
Critical
Overload

etc...

my armor tech is still relatively low but have learned a few blues (first schematic learned from RE greens) not sure if any are elusive, but have gotten 6 or so recipes that a (modifer) X mod.

RavensDaemon
01.17.2012 , 01:33 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aidbringer View Post
Aren't these learned from RE'ing regular mod.

You RE a 'Mod X' and if you learn a schematic you willl get something like
Critical
Overload

etc...

my armor tech is still relatively low but have learned a few blues (first schematic learned from RE greens) not sure if any are elusive, but have gotten 6 or so recipes that a (modifer) X mod.
They are talking about CYBERTECH mods not armourmech

flegg
01.17.2012 , 01:50 AM | #8
Haven't you clowns figured out yet that the only reason to take a profession is to get the BOPs and move on?

That is until the 1.1 patch notes came along and whoever designed the crafting system for launch was taking a **** at the time and some idiot took over and said hey let's make the BOP items require 400 to use now!

Mamista
01.17.2012 , 05:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by flegg View Post
Haven't you clowns figured out yet that the only reason to take a profession is to get the BOPs and move on?

That is until the 1.1 patch notes came along and whoever designed the crafting system for launch was taking a **** at the time and some idiot took over and said hey let's make the BOP items require 400 to use now!
Erm not really have armor and mod "mods" for all my companions that wear orange or equivalent meaning they are all on par with me and wait till my alts get going they will be flying through with blue/purple's for their levels. Oh and getting to 400 really isn't that much like hard work unless you are trying to do it at say level 20.

But yes I can make agile mod (again mod not armour) say 20a but not deflecting mod or weighted mod of the equivalent meaning that at the very least my companion tank has to get power rather than shield or absorbtion let alone my guild mates...

Anyone?

Busko
01.17.2012 , 08:46 AM | #10
I think the issue is we cant make any Mods that are not xxA. yea was thinking the same i can make a 20A Deft mod but i cant make a 20B deft one....