Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2V-R8 first robot - what to gear for healing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
2V-R8 first robot - what to gear for healing?

RudedawgCDN's Avatar


RudedawgCDN
01.15.2012 , 10:58 AM | #1
I notice our first robot that comes with ship - can heal for pve.

He also comes with no gear - what stat should I increase in order to get the most out of his healing?

Thanks!

crazysam's Avatar


crazysam
01.15.2012 , 11:06 AM | #2
Aim, tons of aim.

If you are doing Cybertech for a crewskill you can gear him up pretty well, or you can use your commendations to buy him "orange" customized gear.

All the "commendation equipment vendors" on every planets are selling a couple of items for him.

Quiet's Avatar


Quiet
01.15.2012 , 11:43 AM | #3
The ship driod's main stat is AIM.
Equip it with +aim gear in order to improve it's healing abilities.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

unholy_vertigo's Avatar


unholy_vertigo
11.13.2013 , 04:28 PM | #4
And to that i have only one thing to say... Tell me i'm wrong about the stats i listed... then feel free to back it up with proof. Anyone that follows my advice will clearly see IN GAME, FIRST HAND; that what i listed is factual.

Memo-'s Avatar


Memo-
11.13.2013 , 04:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by unholy_vertigo View Post
And to that i have only one thing to say... Tell me i'm wrong about the stats i listed... then feel free to back it up with proof. Anyone that follows my advice will clearly see IN GAME, FIRST HAND; that what i listed is factual.
You are right about the secondary and tertiary stats, and you aren't completely wrong about Cunning either. For healing purposes it doesn't really matter which you get, Aim or Cunning, as you only want the boosts on Tech, which both will give, as Aim is the companion's main stat.

But as you insist, here's your proof then.
http://i.imgur.com/FlPF67d.jpg

//And alongside Power and Alacrity, also Critical rating and Surge would be beneficial stats towards better healing.
    Delarah - Sentinel | Luccia - Sage | Ethawn - ScoundrelStilva - Vanguard | Tenori - Guardian | Weimar - Shadow 
 Maliris - Sniper | Jauhe - Marauder | Väli - PTFaris - Merc | Sopraano - Assa | Rai'chu - Sorc
The Lihavuori Legacy | <Lice-Ridden Banthas><Bantha's Backside> | Tomb of Freedon Nadd

unholy_vertigo's Avatar


unholy_vertigo
11.13.2013 , 04:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Memo- View Post
You are right about the secondary and tertiary stats, and you aren't completely wrong about Cunning either. For healing purposes it doesn't really matter which you get, Aim or Cunning, as you only want the boosts on Tech, which both will give, as Aim is the companion's main stat.

But as you insist, here's your proof then.
http://i.imgur.com/FlPF67d.jpg

Aim; "Damage added to the basic ranged attack. Powerful attacks gain a larger multiple of this damage."

So at what point, and from what source, exactly; are you getting "aim adds a bonus to tech abilities"?

Memo-'s Avatar


Memo-
11.13.2013 , 04:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by unholy_vertigo View Post
Aim; "Damage added to the basic ranged attack. Powerful attacks gain a larger multiple of this damage."

So at what point, and from what source, exactly; are you getting "aim adds a bonus to tech abilities"?
Look closely at the image I linked. Check what effects it lists under the prompt for Aim that I have brought up for the screenshot. You'll find:

-Ranged Damage Bonus
-Ranged Critical Chance
-Tech Damage Bonus
-Tech Critical Chance
-Healing Power: Tech
    Delarah - Sentinel | Luccia - Sage | Ethawn - ScoundrelStilva - Vanguard | Tenori - Guardian | Weimar - Shadow 
 Maliris - Sniper | Jauhe - Marauder | Väli - PTFaris - Merc | Sopraano - Assa | Rai'chu - Sorc
The Lihavuori Legacy | <Lice-Ridden Banthas><Bantha's Backside> | Tomb of Freedon Nadd

unholy_vertigo's Avatar


unholy_vertigo
11.13.2013 , 04:44 PM | #8
I see the problem here. I think we're both right. When i did my post i was looking at Talos. If you look at the two companion's "Tech" stats they are slightly different. 2V-R8 lists tech as one of his stats, whereas Talos does not. From my understanding i was only aware that Aim added to ranged damage. If that is incorrect i will admit to my mistake and happily add Aim to the list of aiding stats!

I may have been slightly wrong and i will admit it. However, the facts about cunning, power and alacrity remain and i advise you not overlook my advice due to a slight error in information.

Memo-'s Avatar


Memo-
11.13.2013 , 04:47 PM | #9
But I already said that you weren't wrong in your whole point! Just this one part, and even that was debatable. Yeah, Talos is a cunning companion, so the tooltips would be different there. All classes get a main healer as a cunning comp except the Trooper whose healer comp is aim based, as are both ship droids. Treek, the new Ewok-companion uses Aim as well.
    Delarah - Sentinel | Luccia - Sage | Ethawn - ScoundrelStilva - Vanguard | Tenori - Guardian | Weimar - Shadow 
 Maliris - Sniper | Jauhe - Marauder | Väli - PTFaris - Merc | Sopraano - Assa | Rai'chu - Sorc
The Lihavuori Legacy | <Lice-Ridden Banthas><Bantha's Backside> | Tomb of Freedon Nadd

theStirge's Avatar


theStirge
11.14.2013 , 06:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by unholy_vertigo View Post
I see the problem here. I think we're both right. When i did my post i was looking at Talos. If you look at the two companion's "Tech" stats they are slightly different. 2V-R8 lists tech as one of his stats, whereas Talos does not. From my understanding i was only aware that Aim added to ranged damage. If that is incorrect i will admit to my mistake and happily add Aim to the list of aiding stats!

I may have been slightly wrong and i will admit it. However, the facts about cunning, power and alacrity remain and i advise you not overlook my advice due to a slight error in information.
The problem is that Talos is a cunning-based healer(all healer companions except Elara, Treek, and the ship droids are cunning-based, actually), and the ship droids are aim-based.

Every class(regardless of advanced class) and every companion except HK-51 has one main stat that improves all of their abilities; HK-51 has two. Sith Warriors, Jedi Knights, Lord Scourge, Bowdaar, Broonmark, Khem Val, and Ashara use Strength. Sith Inquisitors, Jedi Consulars, Kira, Nadia, Jaesa, Xalek, and Vector use Willpower. Troopers, Bounty Hunters, T7-O1, Sgt. Rusk, Jorgan, Elara, M1-4X, Tanno Vik, Yuun, Corso, Akaavi, Qyzen, Iresso, Torian, Blizz, Skadge, Pierce, Kaliyo, SCORPIO, C2-N2, 2V-R8, Treek, and HK-51 use Aim. Smugglers, Imperial Agents, Doc, Risha, Guss, Tharan, Zenith, Mako, Gault, Vette, Quinn, Andronikos, Talos, Lokin, Temple, and HK-51 use Cunning.

To muddy the issue a little for new players, Strength and Willpower classes gain small benefits from each others' stats, as do Aim and Cunning classes. However, the benefit is so small that, since you will never find a piece of gear or modification with more than one main stat on it, equipping anything with a main stat other than your own is a huge waste of that gear/modification slot. The only time you should ever do it is if you literally have nothing else whatsoever to put in the slot, because at least you'd be getting the extra armor and (probably) endurance(and possibly some secondary stats).

Secondary stats(critical rating, power, shield rating, and the like) are a whole other ball of wax, and optimal stat distribution is a hotly debated topic. The only secondary stats that are ever a pure waste(as in, they provide no benefit at all) are shield rating, absorption rating, presence, and expertise rating. Shield and absorb do absolutely nothing at all if you don't have a shield equipped, companions' presence stat is permanently set to 0 no matter how much is on their gear, and expertise has no effect except in PvP; if you're not fighting another player, expertise will not do anything except eat up your stat budget. (Items have budgets for stats; items of a given level will all have the same relative stat value. I don't know how it's all calculated, precisely. There are threads about it. But if you don't PvP that expertise is taking up space that could have something useful like surge or alacrity or something.)

TL;DR: If you put any main stat(Strength, Willpower, Aim, Cunning) other than Aim on your ship droid(C2-N2 or 2V-R8) you are Doing It Wrong.
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.