Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Luke twice as powerful as Sidious.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Luke twice as powerful as Sidious.

Rayla_Felana
01.15.2012 , 04:40 AM | #1
Which Sidious is this referring to? Darth Sidious in his original body or Palpatine Reborn? Reborn Palpatine was far more powerful than his original self, and if my memory serves me correctly (feel free to correct me on this), it was George Lucas that established him as such, if this is true, Lucas always refers to his own universe, not the EU, so would it be correct to say that Luke isn't twice as powerful as Reborn Sidious?

Looking at Dark Empire i must say Sidious displays prowess rather close to Luke's own feats, so could Sidious in his prime actually be around 150% of Luke? i know that's a random percentage, but perhaps Sidious isn't that easily beaten by Luke.

LordQordisz
01.15.2012 , 06:19 AM | #2
150% would be like beyond Luke. That's like saying he's 100% of Luke which would like be equal.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

Rayla_Felana
01.15.2012 , 07:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LordQordisz View Post
150% would be like beyond Luke. That's like saying he's 100% of Luke which would like be equal.
I actually was going off of the 200% bar, mentioned earlier, but nevermind.

Wolfninjajedi
01.15.2012 , 08:59 AM | #4
Pretty sure they were speaking of reborn Palpatine, seeing as its stated he became far stronger then what he was in his former body.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rhyltran
01.15.2012 , 09:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Pretty sure they were speaking of reborn Palpatine, seeing as its stated he became far stronger then what he was in his former body.
No. It was Palpatine in his original body. The quote was taken when referencing Episode 3. In Episode 3 Palpatine was in his older body.

abishe
01.15.2012 , 12:44 PM | #6
you guy's not serious i hoop?
Luke is the most QQ, whinner i have seen.
on top of that i wonder if he was force sensitive at all.

Wolfninjajedi
01.15.2012 , 12:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
No. It was Palpatine in his original body. The quote was taken when referencing Episode 3. In Episode 3 Palpatine was in his older body.
?....What? I was saying that Palpatine was stronger in a newer body, then his old one what are you saying?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Pono
01.15.2012 , 12:57 PM | #8
the question of Luke's force sensitivity is a little ridiculous, you can't be a Jedi and not be force sensitive. Besides that between his visions of the future, death, the strength of his power with the force (all of this referenced from various "Legacy of the Force" books) and the fact that he was the son of the most powerful Sith in history I think it'd be obvious that yes, he was force sensitive.

Back on the actual topic yes it was refering to Luke being stronger than the original Sidious, not his clones.

BrandonSM
01.15.2012 , 02:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Which Sidious is this referring to? Darth Sidious in his original body or Palpatine Reborn? Reborn Palpatine was far more powerful than his original self, and if my memory serves me correctly (feel free to correct me on this), it was George Lucas that established him as such, if this is true, Lucas always refers to his own universe, not the EU, so would it be correct to say that Luke isn't twice as powerful as Reborn Sidious?

Looking at Dark Empire i must say Sidious displays prowess rather close to Luke's own feats, so could Sidious in his prime actually be around 150% of Luke? i know that's a random percentage, but perhaps Sidious isn't that easily beaten by Luke.
I'd stay Luke in his prime(When he learns all those amazing abilities) would be able to defeat Sidious, but... it'd be the closest fight we'd probably ever see in Star Wars.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

BrandonSM
01.15.2012 , 02:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pono View Post
the question of Luke's force sensitivity is a little ridiculous, you can't be a Jedi and not be force sensitive. Besides that between his visions of the future, death, the strength of his power with the force (all of this referenced from various "Legacy of the Force" books) and the fact that he was the son of the most powerful Sith in history I think it'd be obvious that yes, he was force sensitive.

Back on the actual topic yes it was refering to Luke being stronger than the original Sidious, not his clones.
Son of the most powerful sith..... Wut?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."