Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So does the Sith Empire win in the end?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So does the Sith Empire win in the end?

ZeroGravTrooper
01.14.2012 , 09:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
And then Endor suffers a nuclear winter from all of the Death Star 2's radiation fallout. But only after Han Solo's giant forest-fire.
:[
Drakos u maek meh sad
Warriors of the Shadow --- Vanguard --- Zero
Quote: Originally Posted by Blagojevich View Post
Blagojevich approves.

Idunhavaname
01.14.2012 , 09:44 PM | #12
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bendu

It's an inspiration off the Bendu symbol.

RIP orange pixel

gregordunbar
01.14.2012 , 09:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTyranid View Post
I mean in regards to the next few hundred years. I say this because the Sith Empire symbol is very similar to the one used by the Galactic Republic in the Star Wars prequels. So obviously at some point the Sith are beaten and the Jedi take control again, but it looks like the Sith Empire take power long enough for their icon to become the recognized symbol of government.
Not this again...this very same thread has been popping up several dozen times over 6 months of beta testing.

...the symbol stems from the start of the jedi and is used by many, in many variations.

MasterEddard
01.14.2012 , 09:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
The Empire in movies 4 through 6 is The Republic. 1-3 is simply all a nifty little plot designed by Chancellor Palpatine to gain control of the government making him the Emperor and reforming The Republic's government into a dictatorship.

He did it by making the senate look incompetent and through war showed that his executive powers were what saved The Republic. He also managed to pull Anikan's chains to join his side and demonize the Jedi into a rogue organization seeking to gain control of the government by assassinating Palpatine.

I have no idea what happened to the Sith Empire which is what we have in TOR. Obviously they lose at some point.
No. The Republic ceased to exist as soon as Palpatine used his executive powers to become Emperor and keep permanent power. As long as a government is headed by a non-elected figure head, it is no longer a republic. The Senate however still existed for a short period after the creation of the Empire but was finally done away with in Episode 4.

MetroPolice
01.14.2012 , 09:52 PM | #15
What i'd like to know is how it equalized. By the time of kotor 2 the empire was in total control. And they went out their way to hunt down remnants of the jedi and sabotage the republic even further. So how did the republic stand back up from all that?
Where is your Early Access you may ask? I took it. Its that simple.

Kabloosh
01.14.2012 , 09:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterEddard View Post
No. The Republic ceased to exist as soon as Palpatine used his executive powers to become Emperor and keep permanent power. As long as a government is headed by a non-elected figure head, it is no longer a republic. The Senate however still existed for a short period after the creation of the Empire but was finally done away with in Episode 4.
That is pretty much what I said. In Ep 3 after the assassination attempt by Mace Windu he reforms the government into the Empire. The main point is The Empire in the movies is the Republic just with an reformed government with no senate and a single ruler.

One thing the movie didn't articulate well was Palpatine a good ruler despite being an Sith Lord? Yes, he was ruthless towards those who opposed him(the rebels) but what was his other policies such as how he ran the Galactic Empire?

Lungbutter
01.14.2012 , 09:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
And then Endor suffers a nuclear winter from all of the Death Star 2's radiation fallout. But only after Han Solo's giant forest-fire.
nomnom roasted Ewok on a stick..
Four One Niner

Kanharn
01.14.2012 , 09:55 PM | #18
No one knows as this era of SW has never been touched on, thats the reason Bioware picked this era.
Leader of The Alliance Union, Pre-launch Guild, Bloodworthy EU.

Dezzi
01.14.2012 , 09:56 PM | #19
The Sith will lose this war, and another few Sith/Jedi wars to come. What the familiar appearance of logos, colors, uniforms, etc. tells me is that when Palpatine establishes the Galactic Empire after the Clone Wars, he's trying very hard to harken back to the Sith Empire we see in the game today.

It's as if he's trying to establish a sort of continuity between the Sith of the Old Republic and his new Empire.

This is Palpatine wanting you to know he's Sith and that the Sith are back.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Girdeux
01.14.2012 , 09:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
No one knows as this era of SW has never been touched on, thats the reason Bioware picked this era.
Uhh no....The next Dark lord is around ~100 years from now that has no connection to the Sith Empire whatsoever that managed to kill tens of thousands of jedi. It was described before he came that it was a time of peace.

Its not really that long till the Sith Empire is totally wiped out. Bioware probably has about ~50 years to play with, maybe less.