Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Order 66

Seductivpancakes
01.13.2012 , 02:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by WiGhTkNiGhtt View Post
I don't agree at all, If we see him properly turn to the Dark side at the end of Episode 2 somehow then it is much more believable that we see him slaughtering Children halfway through Episode 3 months later.

It is not a gradual change at all.

How about a scene where the Emperor slaughters the children with Anakin looking on bowing his head. That would be a scene that makes much more sense.
Then you should just blame that as a not enough movie time. Unless you wanted Episode 3 to be as long as Return of the King or maybe the hints of his dissatisfaction with the Jedi was too subtle for you.

Or you could read the novels and comics that take place in between episodes 2 and 3 which describes his struggles with his growing darkness.

Its a test of loyalty and a way to corruption. What better way to ensure that Anakin is truly loyal to him by having him kill his fellow Jedi as well as children?

WiGhTkNiGhtt
01.13.2012 , 02:59 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Seductivpancakes View Post
Then you should just blame that as a not enough movie time. Unless you wanted Episode 3 to be as long as Return of the King or maybe the hints of his dissatisfaction with the Jedi was too subtle for you.

Or you could read the novels and comics that take place in between episodes 2 and 3 which describes his struggles with his growing darkness.

Its a test of loyalty and a way to corruption. What better way to ensure that Anakin is truly loyal to him by having him kill his fellow Jedi as well as children?
My main point was one moment we have Anakin reporting the Emperor To Mace Windu, then granted he stops Windu killing the Emperor( I can fully understand that) but THEN there is a very big leap for him to go ahead virtually the same day WITHIN THE MOVIE start cutting children to pieces.

The sort of change that would happen within to start killing children is not a quick one.

Seductivpancakes
01.13.2012 , 03:03 PM | #13
Like I said, he did it all for his love, Padme.

He already knew from early in the film that she's going to die and since Yoda pretty much told him to deal with it, he had to make a choice to save probably the only thing that matters to him in life.

WiGhTkNiGhtt
01.13.2012 , 03:08 PM | #14
Like I said, he did it all for his love, Padme.

He already knew from early in the film that she's going to die and since Yoda pretty much told him to deal with it, he had to make a choice to save probably the only thing that matters to him in life.
I think you are just digging you heels in.

So what if he loves Padme? what does killing little kids have to do with saving Padme?

Stopping Windu yes I can get there but "to save Padme I must now go kill Children"??

Doesn't make any sense.

Seductivpancakes
01.13.2012 , 03:15 PM | #15
Okay really? This is simple.

The Jedi can't save padme, but Palpatine can or he lies that he can and Anakin believes him.

So now that he betrayed the Jedi, the only person in the whole galaxy that can change destiny and save his love is Palpatine, so he did as he was told, so Palpatine can teach him how to save Padme.

Here's a better example, you steal bread to feed your starving family. Its wrong and criminal, but you're doing to to save your family from starvation which usually, leads to death.

Its not that hard.

georgemattson
01.13.2012 , 03:28 PM | #16
Okay really? This is simple.

The Jedi can't save padme, but Palpatine can or he lies that he can and Anakin believes him.

So now that he betrayed the Jedi, the only person in the whole galaxy that can change destiny and save his love is Palpatine, so he did as he was told, so Palpatine can teach him how to save Padme.

Here's a better example, you steal bread to feed your starving family. Its wrong and criminal, but you're doing to to save your family from starvation which usually, leads to death.

Its not that hard.
Stealing bread to feed your starving family, yes. Killing a bunch of children to feed your starving family, no. There's a little bit of difference. You're *really* stretching here.

Oh, and for the record, I can't say the scene got me choked up at all. These movies were godawful terrible, and I just wanted them to end. By the time Order 66 went out, my reaction was more along the lines of, "thank God it's almost over."

WiGhTkNiGhtt
01.13.2012 , 03:30 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by georgemattson View Post
Stealing bread to feed your starving family, yes. Killing a bunch of children to feed your starving family, no. There's a little bit of difference. You're *really* stretching here.
This.

I think you are just a stalwart defender of the Prequels no matter how nonsensical the plot and writing is.

Durzaka
01.13.2012 , 03:40 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by georgemattson View Post
It isnt killing children to feed your starving family.

It is killing children so a man will give you food to remove your family from poverty and place them in a happy place (remove the jedis = no hiding love. follow palpatine = same her life).
Durzaka Retribution

Wolfninjajedi
01.13.2012 , 03:58 PM | #19
How about this, it was suppose to symbolize that Palpatine a sith lord held the promises of saving someone that Anakin wanted to live.

Palpatine= The devil

Anakin makes a deal with the devil to save his loved one, in which he pretty much sold his soul to Palpatine. (Pretty much Anakin just did away with all his jedi teachings in one stroke) When you make a deal with the devil, its instant you don't question a greater power especially one that says they can save a loved one.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

psandak
01.13.2012 , 04:07 PM | #20
WiGhTkNiGhtt something to also remember is that as someone already pointed out years go by between E2 and E3. And then at least several months pass during the events of E3 - Padme says shes pregnant at the beginning of E3 and is not even showing any signs and by the end of the movie she's giving birth. That is a pretty good indication that we are not talking about days or weeks but months; months during which Anakin has persistent nightmares of Padme's death, where he is probably having conversations with Palpatine like the one in the theater, where he is becoming more and more disillusioned with the Jedi order and their restrictions on attachment, etc etc etc.

As Seductivpancakes points out the changes in Anakin's behavior is subtle. He is toeing, and sometimes crossing, the line between light and dark, but up until the confrontation between Windu and Palpatine, Anakin always finds his way back to the light. However, that confrontation gives Anakin the final shove to the dark side (IMO it was not only Palpatine's doing, Windu's solution to the problem also caused turmoil in Anakin).

Something else to think about, look how fast Luke goes to the dark side at the end of E6 - it turns out that it is the only way he can beat Vader. In addition, think about how fast Vader turns back to the light when the Emperor is killing Luke.

Lastly, all the movies (even E4-E6) sometimes do a poor job of indicating how much time has really passed. Do you really think that the hyperspace travel between Tattooine and Alderan in E4 took five minutes? There was even a thread on these forums not too long ago about E5 when Han and Leia decide to head to Bespin (Cloud City) and how long it took them to get there without Hyperdrive.

My point is that I am with Seductivpancakes on this one, it was not as big a jump to the dark side as you are making it out to be.