Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Order 66


TheLaggyOne's Avatar


TheLaggyOne
01.13.2012 , 03:06 AM | #1
Say what you will about the prequels, but no matter how many times I watch it, this scene still chokes me up every time. One of the most powerful scenes in the entire saga, in my opinion. Thoughts?

LrdStryfe's Avatar


LrdStryfe
01.13.2012 , 11:09 AM | #2
I liked it, but I wsh they would have shown more footage of the Clones killing Jedi. We got to see a couple of the Masters on the Council fall, but that was really it. I feel like what they wanted to do with the Order 66 scene was mainly show the surprise, but after 4-5 different scenes where a single Jedi was killed it kinda got boring.

There was a nice aerial shot of the Temple battle, and then Anakin before he killed the Younglings, which was left to our imagination for how he did his killing.
It would have really cemented Anakin's role as a very powerful Sith Lord if we had seen more of him battling other Jedi (aside from what Obi-Wan and Yoda watch in the holo video). Other than that, and the massacre on Mustafar we don't get a look at Anakin's cold-hearted killing ability as Darth Vader.
Hey man, this is just my opinion - it's just advice. So calm down, it's only a game after all. You can do whatever the **** you wanna do!

Ruliya's Avatar


Ruliya
01.13.2012 , 11:11 AM | #3
After reading the DH comic series, I really fell in love with Aayla Secura's character. She deserved a much better death than she got >.<

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.13.2012 , 11:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdStryfe View Post
I liked it, but I wsh they would have shown more footage of the Clones killing Jedi. We got to see a couple of the Masters on the Council fall, but that was really it. I feel like what they wanted to do with the Order 66 scene was mainly show the surprise, but after 4-5 different scenes where a single Jedi was killed it kinda got boring.

There was a nice aerial shot of the Temple battle, and then Anakin before he killed the Younglings, which was left to our imagination for how he did his killing.
It would have really cemented Anakin's role as a very powerful Sith Lord if we had seen more of him battling other Jedi (aside from what Obi-Wan and Yoda watch in the holo video). Other than that, and the massacre on Mustafar we don't get a look at Anakin's cold-hearted killing ability as Darth Vader.
Tbh pretty sure I read somewhere, ROTS was suppose to be far longer then what it actually was they probably cut a lot to save time. So I guess when they re-release the movies again they'll add all that footage in.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

mminczes's Avatar


mminczes
01.13.2012 , 11:37 AM | #5
An Anakin vs Jedi scene would have been awesome

Seductivpancakes's Avatar


Seductivpancakes
01.13.2012 , 12:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruliya View Post
After reading the DH comic series, I really fell in love with Aayla Secura's character. She deserved a much better death than she got >.<
At least Quinlan Vos survived. I'm waiting for DH to do more with him and his wife.


It's suppose to be a dramatic and emotional scene. (might not have worked for some though)
So prolonging the massacre of the Jedi would really have ruined it.

WiGhTkNiGhtt's Avatar


WiGhTkNiGhtt
01.13.2012 , 02:18 PM | #7
Reminds me of the stupidity of the Prequel writing.

One minute Anakin is a Jedi, then the same day he is off killing children??!! I just don't get there. Also how can there be a redemption after you have slaugtered children?

The Emperor should have been the one to kill the younglings, also Anakin's turn to the Darkside should have happened at the end of the second film, not some instantaneous change halfway through aprt 3.

Seductivpancakes's Avatar


Seductivpancakes
01.13.2012 , 02:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by WiGhTkNiGhtt View Post
Reminds me of the stupidity of the Prequel writing.

One minute Anakin is a Jedi, then the same day he is off killing children??!! I just don't get there. Also how can there be a redemption after you have slaugtered children?

The Emperor should have been the one to kill the younglings, also Anakin's turn to the Darkside should have happened at the end of the second film, not some instantaneous change halfway through aprt 3.
Just goes to prove how powerful the dark side is. His new master, Palpatine, the only one who can teach Anakin how to save his love gave him a order. So he did what he was told.

Having Anakin kill the younglings was a genius ploy to make sure Anakin was ready to be his apprentice. Sort of a test and way to plunge him deeper in to the dark side.

Its more like he has had one foot in the dark side and one foot in the light side in Episode 3. You don't need to jump at that point to change sides. Just pick up the other foot. Compared to episode 2, he already looked worn out throughout the whole film. As if he was tired of being a Jedi and bound by their strict rules.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.13.2012 , 02:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Seductivpancakes View Post
Just goes to prove how powerful the dark side is. His new master, Palpatine, the only one who can teach Anakin how to save his love gave him a order. So he did what he was told.

Having Anakin kill the younglings was a genius ploy to make sure Anakin was ready to be his apprentice. Sort of a test and way to plunge him deeper in to the dark side.

Its more like he has had one foot in the dark side and one foot in the light side in Episode 3. You don't need to jump at that point to change sides. Just pick up the other foot. Compared to episode 2, he already looked worn out throughout the whole film. As if he was tired of being a Jedi and bound by their strict rules.
Not to mention he was already inching closer and closer to the darkside throughout EP 2 and 3 anyway, so its not really much of a stretch in how he turned so quickly it was over the course of 2 movies he turned not just 1.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

WiGhTkNiGhtt's Avatar


WiGhTkNiGhtt
01.13.2012 , 02:49 PM | #10
I don't agree at all, If we see him properly turn to the Dark side at the end of Episode 2 somehow then it is much more believable that we see him slaughtering Children halfway through Episode 3 months later.

It is not a gradual change at all.

How about a scene where the Emperor slaughters the children with Anakin looking on bowing his head. That would be a scene that makes much more sense.