Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Staggering EGA is pointless


LuckyLickedyou's Avatar


LuckyLickedyou
12.14.2011 , 08:45 AM | #1
the thing i dont get is servers come down briefly on the 19th midnight why bother staggering the EGA if they bring it all down and open the flood gates if it cant handle it now it definitely wont handle launch so i dont even see the point

blckhood's Avatar


blckhood
12.14.2011 , 08:45 AM | #2
You are talking about Bio Fail. They don't even have half a brain.

iggiepoo's Avatar


iggiepoo
12.14.2011 , 08:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyLickedyou View Post
the thing i dont get is servers come down briefly on the 19th midnight why bother staggering the EGA if they bring it all down and open the flood gates if it cant handle it now it definitely wont handle launch so i dont even see the point
Fair point. Maybe people will be getting some much needed rest on the 19th? it does seem like it will defeat the purpose of a staggered launch though...
There are legitimate Chinese players who aren't gold farmers.

Paramedic_Soon's Avatar


Paramedic_Soon
12.14.2011 , 08:48 AM | #4
I think that what they are doing is good. I have been in on several early access type launches and there are tons of problems because everyone is trying to get in. We are not seeing that with this game. People are not posting things like, I can't login in, the lag sucks, server keeps crashing etc. Just relax and wait it out.
Windows Vista 32 bit - OS
AMD Athlon X2 6000+ - CPU
4GB DDR2 666Mhz - Memory
ATi 6770 1GB - Graphics

Not the finest system in the land but it gets me by

Created account before completing paramedic school.
Have been a paramedic for a year now.

KommissarK's Avatar


KommissarK
12.14.2011 , 08:48 AM | #5
Because nobody is going to be so excited to log back in on the 20th.

Right now people are itching to play, get their names, and rush through the addictive early zones. Once you get up there later though, you're not going to stay up all night playing.

LuckyLickedyou's Avatar


LuckyLickedyou
12.14.2011 , 08:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Paramedic_Soon View Post
I think that what they are doing is good. I have been in on several early access type launches and there are tons of problems because everyone is trying to get in. We are not seeing that with this game. People are not posting things like, I can't login in, the lag sucks, server keeps crashing etc. Just relax and wait it out.
yes but all of this will happen at launch and i would hate to see theese forums if servers crashed

i can understand spreading the players out through the servers evenly and letting lvls get between ppl

but the waves need to be much larger i would prefer if the servers had isues now rather then my free 30 days

come 20th the servers WILL be full loaded and qued to the max

LuckyLickedyou's Avatar


LuckyLickedyou
12.14.2011 , 08:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KommissarK View Post
Because nobody is going to be so excited to log back in on the 20th.

Right now people are itching to play, get their names, and rush through the addictive early zones. Once you get up there later though, you're not going to stay up all night playing.
hmmm i see but why hold so many ppl back make the waves bigger

Shreddog's Avatar


Shreddog
12.14.2011 , 08:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Paramedic_Soon View Post
I think that what they are doing is good. I have been in on several early access type launches and there are tons of problems because everyone is trying to get in. We are not seeing that with this game. People are not posting things like, I can't login in, the lag sucks, server keeps crashing etc. Just relax and wait it out.

Strange then that I didn't experience this with the AOC launch. It was ultra hyped, and tons of players was storming the gates. No lag, no zerged startingzones thx to instancing, no servers issues at all, perfect.

KommissarK's Avatar


KommissarK
12.14.2011 , 08:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyLickedyou View Post
hmmm i see but why hold so many ppl back make the waves bigger
I think the waves are pretty big though. The key thing to realize is July was a massive spike in initial pre-orders.

At this point larger swathes of dates will be included.

My point still is, that once people log in the first time, they're not clamoring over each other to log in again.

There is no server first to 50 achievement. The game is best played with friends and a casual pace (and by that, I mean don't be in a hurry). Sure, a guild may want to gear up for operations ASAP, but there's plenty of time to relax.

SinisterWarlock's Avatar


SinisterWarlock
12.14.2011 , 08:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Paramedic_Soon View Post
I think that what they are doing is good. I have been in on several early access type launches and there are tons of problems because everyone is trying to get in. We are not seeing that with this game. People are not posting things like, I can't login in, the lag sucks, server keeps crashing etc. Just relax and wait it out.
That's because they've blocked the majority from playing the game, of course the servers will be smooth when they are near empty.