Note to whiners (Not trolls)

Envenra

1: Not being able to play the game as early as possible to reach the top 100 spot for getting to maximum level - = QQ? Just quit. I'm here to play the game it is meant to be played.

2: Thinking its a WoW clone. WoW clone, really? What about Everquest? Is WoW a Everquest clone? OH OH! Then the mentioning MMOs are clones of D&D? - The only resemble I can see that it looks like WoW, is the color of the EXP you receive. Nothing else, imo.

3: Linear? Looks grinding? Then i'm sorry, but MMO/RPG games are not your thing. However it does look more fast paced and FEELS more fast paced than other MMORPG I have played, and I will probably enjoy it alot more than WoW with its lousy community (Tear: I however like WoW, but the end game and community is stupid)

- I should expect that there are hundreds of these threads out there. But what the hell, I don't care. I want to express my feelings, right? Then i'll express them as I want to express them.

I know that I have pre-ordered this game aswell, BUT I DID NOT PRE-ORDERED THE GAME JUST BECAUSE I GET TO PLAY EARLY! I only pre-ordered because I had the money and bought it back then, than if I bought it now. + I get a awesome color crystal lol :D

- Even if I don't get to play early anyway, I got other games to attend to. Right now i'm playing through Kotor, and I have plenty of time to do so, if I don't get early game access.

Do you have the same feeling?

1: Not being able to play the game as early as possible to reach the top 100 spot for getting to maximum level - = QQ? Just quit. I'm here to play the game it is meant to be played.

2: Thinking its a WoW clone. WoW clone, really? What about Everquest? Is WoW a Everquest clone? OH OH! Then the mentioning MMOs are clones of D&D? - The only resemble I can see that it looks like WoW, is the color of the EXP you receive. Nothing else, imo.

3: Linear? Looks grinding? Then i'm sorry, but MMO/RPG games are not your thing. However it does look more fast paced and FEELS more fast paced than other MMORPG I have played, and I will probably enjoy it alot more than WoW with its lousy community (Tear: I however like WoW, but the end game and community is stupid)

- I should expect that there are hundreds of these threads out there. But what the hell, I don't care. I want to express my feelings, right? Then i'll express them as I want to express them.

I know that I have pre-ordered this game aswell, BUT I DID NOT PRE-ORDERED THE GAME JUST BECAUSE I GET TO PLAY EARLY! I only pre-ordered because I had the money and bought it back then, than if I bought it now. + I get a awesome color crystal lol :D

- Even if I don't get to play early anyway, I got other games to attend to. Right now i'm playing through Kotor, and I have plenty of time to do so, if I don't get early game access.

you must be really worried about this game going to the fremium circuit to make a wall like that

don't worry though, after bioware scares off all the people that were willing to have brand loyalty and pay 15$ a month to them due to poor treatment and an i don't care mentality

the "entitlement" crowed will be gone, and everyone it will be like it is now, whoever pays the most wins the most

Its not about entitlement or getting in, it's about limited waves over a short time frame and seeing low to standard pop servers at peak times in the evening. No adjustment after yesterday, poor communications. Truly it was a great concept, just extremely poorly executed.

I kind of feel the same way.

I have to mention, WoW was my first MMO. For some reason, people think it's the "first" MMO and it pioneered everything. I think they are confused because it was the first to gain mass appeal, but that's about it. It's amazing how much of that game is based on other games (not only MMOs, but single player games and, as you mentioned, pen and paper DnD).

I find it kind or ironic, in a way, that I ended up with early access yesterday (got in last night) but I didn't care so much about it. Although I suppose it was a good thing. It took me forever to just create my characters (character generation is my biggest "time sink" early in any game, lol).

/irony

THIS is the target audience for EA/Bioware. People are exercising their right to provide feedback and some of it is very whinny but this is the modern gamer. If you want the big bucks then this is the target audience you have to keep happy.

I feel sorry for some of the people who have to deal with it but its a job, they get paid to keep the people happy, it is a symbiotic relationship. If their customers aren't happy then they should be well aware of how unhappy they are, because a continual negative trend will have a direct impact on their business, and likely their jobs.

Its not about entitlement or getting in, it's about limited waves over a short time frame and seeing low to standard pop servers at peak times in the evening. No adjustment after yesterday, poor communications. Truly it was a great concept, just extremely poorly executed.

I understand that, but I feel like that people only want to get in because they want to be crowned the title of being the first player that reaches max level of those 100 players.

- But they promised a earlier access by 2 days earlier than expected and thats a wonderful thing to do! And they technically never wrote that you get to play 5 days earlier, did they? Some people will be happy, some people don't care and some others are to impatient.

TBH I have no idea why lol

I think everyone is sooo used to WoW that they expect the developers to be in the community apologizing and trying to make amends like Blizzard does.

WoW was my first MMO, but from what I heard about EQ, FFXI, and other MMO's the developers had no contact at all with the community other than patch notes. Unfortunately Blizzard opened a can of worms that is now the measuring stick for all other MMO's and the funny part is that i'm sure most of the people that are ************ are the same ones that ***** and complain to blizzard about everything.

THIS is the target audience for EA/Bioware. People are exercising their right to provide feedback and some of it is very whinny but this is the modern gamer. If you want the big bucks then this is the target audience you have to keep happy.

I feel sorry for some of the people who have to deal with it but its a job, they get paid to keep the people happy, it is a symbiotic relationship. If their customers aren't happy then they should be well aware of how unhappy they are, because a continual negative trend will have a direct impact on their business, and likely their jobs.

Yeah. I really don't like the community that EA have. But it is something we'll get used to.

I understand that, but I feel like that people only want to get in because they want to be crowned the title of being the first player that reaches max level of those 100 players.

- But they promised a earlier access by 2 days earlier than expected and thats a wonderful thing to do! And they technically never wrote that you get to play 5 days earlier, did they? Some people will be happy, some people don't care and some others are to impatient.

TBH I have no idea why lol

No... this isn't it at all. I will never in my lifetime be a world or server first... but what I will be though, is a player who wants to participate and experience it... be there for the excitement of the servers firsts...

those firsts will happen before I even got to see the loading screens. Server history is already being made and I don't even get to be there... even though I would have only been level 20 by the time they hit 50.... the point is: "I would have been there"

Now Bioware has stripped that from me... so I stripped from them my pre-order and purchase. I won't be playing this game now because this is obviously the arrogance they show their clients.

I think everyone is sooo used to WoW that they expect the developers to be in the community apologizing and trying to make amends like Blizzard does.

WoW was my first MMO, but from what I heard about EQ, FFXI, and other MMO's the developers had no contact at all with the community other than patch notes. Unfortunately Blizzard opened a can of worms that is now the measuring stick for all other MMO's and the funny part is that i'm sure most of the people that are ************ are the same ones that ***** and complain to blizzard about everything.

FFXI was my first MMO and I must say that FFXI was one of the most grindy game ever to exist in my taste. You had no quest that gave EXP, however there were quests to do to unlock classes. However those classes were so hard to get that you needed help. Many of the monsters above level 10 at the difficulty of Easy and above was so hard to kill that you litteraly was scared to get attacked by these mobs and the only way to be safe was to run and find another zone. In order to level up you had to group up with people, sitting in specific spots or shouting for people to join up. You could sit there for hours without any party.

- But I played FFXI for many months, it was a game that I was really hooked into other than early SWG. It is those games that I like sort of, but nightmarish.

Ok, i'm being very off topic now ):

Good customer service is a "can of worms"????

that's like saying the Henry ford inventing mass produced car was opening a can of worms because now nobody wants a horse

or cable internet is a can of worms because nobody wants dialup

guess what, people DON'T want inferior products from inferior companies

NOT ENTITLEMENT, ITS FREE MARKET PRINCIPLES!

No... this isn't it at all. I will never in my lifetime be a world or server first... but what I will be though, is a player who wants to participate and experience it... be there for the excitement of the servers firsts...

those firsts will happen before I even got to see the loading screens. Server history is already being made and I don't even get to be there... even though I would have only been level 20 by the time they hit 50.... the point is: "I would have been there"

Now Bioware has stripped that from me... so I stripped from them my pre-order and purchase. I won't be playing this game now because this is obviously the arrogance they show their clients.

When I played WoW I was experiencing plenty of stories happening, and that wasn't really at the beginning. Why not SWTOR and other MMORPG aswell?

Let me quess you got to play day one ,,,,right

I got lucky, I pre-ordered the game in july, on the 22nd, I think.

What has playing the very first day given me? More credits? More drops? Not at all, just some queuing at some quests because of all the people doing the same as me. Did that give me a sense of privilege? Not really. Like you all, I was eagerly waiting for the 20th to come by, then it was the 15th, then it was the 13th. Server history is being made? Yes, in a sense. But you will be a part of it! In 2018, you will say " I was there in the very first days of SWTOR!!" Would the comment "I was there in the very first minutes!" be better? Do not think so. I read someone has already reached max level! Did he play or run through the game? Will he remember these first days fondly? I do not think so.

Being a sysadmin myself, you need to realize that this stepping up of traffic is a good way to give a smooth start to all. And, if you pre-ordered really, really early? Well, you get e fez more days of basically live, fully fonctional BETA testing. Because, let us remember, you have not been charged with anything yet.

I started playing WoW in 2008... 4 years after it started. Did that ruin the experience? Of course not.

Taking your comment to extremes, this means that if you are not the first in line to get a pint of milk, you will not buy any under the principle that it will not taste as good...

we want to get in to have a fare shot of being a top player, if not then whats the point,

its like if battlefield gave real bullets to the first week of pre orders and blanks to the other 90% of players

I would say it's more like a battle field where the ones in the game have bullets and the others are still on the ships getting shipped to the battlefield.

I don't think top player is who gets there first so much as who plays their character the best. Last game I played, the top PvPer on the server (highest rank and most feared) started the game a month after launch. The top raid leader joined the game well over a year after launch, etc. Someone might end up on top due to rushing to end game--but unless said player is also good at playing their class, they will be easily pushed off that mountain.