Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Note to whiners (Not trolls)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Note to whiners (Not trolls)

Envenra
12.14.2011 , 08:36 AM | #1
1: Not being able to play the game as early as possible to reach the top 100 spot for getting to maximum level - = QQ? Just quit. I'm here to play the game it is meant to be played.

2: Thinking its a WoW clone. WoW clone, really? What about Everquest? Is WoW a Everquest clone? OH OH! Then the mentioning MMOs are clones of D&D? - The only resemble I can see that it looks like WoW, is the color of the EXP you receive. Nothing else, imo.

3: Linear? Looks grinding? Then i'm sorry, but MMO/RPG games are not your thing. However it does look more fast paced and FEELS more fast paced than other MMORPG I have played, and I will probably enjoy it alot more than WoW with its lousy community (Tear: I however like WoW, but the end game and community is stupid)

- I should expect that there are hundreds of these threads out there. But what the hell, I don't care. I want to express my feelings, right? Then i'll express them as I want to express them.

I know that I have pre-ordered this game aswell, BUT I DID NOT PRE-ORDERED THE GAME JUST BECAUSE I GET TO PLAY EARLY! I only pre-ordered because I had the money and bought it back then, than if I bought it now. + I get a awesome color crystal lol
- Even if I don't get to play early anyway, I got other games to attend to. Right now i'm playing through Kotor, and I have plenty of time to do so, if I don't get early game access.

Do you have the same feeling?

Pauleh
12.14.2011 , 08:39 AM | #2
I was just excited to be apart of day one like everyone else that's all.

On another note, dance vette! *shock*

SaigaTwelve
12.14.2011 , 08:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Envenra View Post
1: Not being able to play the game as early as possible to reach the top 100 spot for getting to maximum level - = QQ? Just quit. I'm here to play the game it is meant to be played.

2: Thinking its a WoW clone. WoW clone, really? What about Everquest? Is WoW a Everquest clone? OH OH! Then the mentioning MMOs are clones of D&D? - The only resemble I can see that it looks like WoW, is the color of the EXP you receive. Nothing else, imo.

3: Linear? Looks grinding? Then i'm sorry, but MMO/RPG games are not your thing. However it does look more fast paced and FEELS more fast paced than other MMORPG I have played, and I will probably enjoy it alot more than WoW with its lousy community (Tear: I however like WoW, but the end game and community is stupid)

- I should expect that there are hundreds of these threads out there. But what the hell, I don't care. I want to express my feelings, right? Then i'll express them as I want to express them.

I know that I have pre-ordered this game aswell, BUT I DID NOT PRE-ORDERED THE GAME JUST BECAUSE I GET TO PLAY EARLY! I only pre-ordered because I had the money and bought it back then, than if I bought it now. + I get a awesome color crystal lol
- Even if I don't get to play early anyway, I got other games to attend to. Right now i'm playing through Kotor, and I have plenty of time to do so, if I don't get early game access.

you must be really worried about this game going to the fremium circuit to make a wall like that

don't worry though, after bioware scares off all the people that were willing to have brand loyalty and pay 15$ a month to them due to poor treatment and an i don't care mentality

the "entitlement" crowed will be gone, and everyone it will be like it is now, whoever pays the most wins the most

wonderhawk
12.14.2011 , 08:42 AM | #4
Its not about entitlement or getting in, it's about limited waves over a short time frame and seeing low to standard pop servers at peak times in the evening. No adjustment after yesterday, poor communications. Truly it was a great concept, just extremely poorly executed.
Pull out Wedge, you aren't doing any good back there. -Luke Skywalker

Jilla
12.14.2011 , 08:44 AM | #5
I kind of feel the same way.

I have to mention, WoW was my first MMO. For some reason, people think it's the "first" MMO and it pioneered everything. I think they are confused because it was the first to gain mass appeal, but that's about it. It's amazing how much of that game is based on other games (not only MMOs, but single player games and, as you mentioned, pen and paper DnD).

I find it kind or ironic, in a way, that I ended up with early access yesterday (got in last night) but I didn't care so much about it. Although I suppose it was a good thing. It took me forever to just create my characters (character generation is my biggest "time sink" early in any game, lol).
-You came here in that thing? You're braver than I thought. - Princess Leia

Aowar
12.14.2011 , 08:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Envenra View Post

/irony

traft
12.14.2011 , 08:45 AM | #7
THIS is the target audience for EA/Bioware. People are exercising their right to provide feedback and some of it is very whinny but this is the modern gamer. If you want the big bucks then this is the target audience you have to keep happy.

I feel sorry for some of the people who have to deal with it but its a job, they get paid to keep the people happy, it is a symbiotic relationship. If their customers aren't happy then they should be well aware of how unhappy they are, because a continual negative trend will have a direct impact on their business, and likely their jobs.

Envenra
12.14.2011 , 08:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by wonderhawk View Post
Its not about entitlement or getting in, it's about limited waves over a short time frame and seeing low to standard pop servers at peak times in the evening. No adjustment after yesterday, poor communications. Truly it was a great concept, just extremely poorly executed.
I understand that, but I feel like that people only want to get in because they want to be crowned the title of being the first player that reaches max level of those 100 players.
- But they promised a earlier access by 2 days earlier than expected and thats a wonderful thing to do! And they technically never wrote that you get to play 5 days earlier, did they? Some people will be happy, some people don't care and some others are to impatient.

TBH I have no idea why lol

Treepwood
12.14.2011 , 08:48 AM | #9
I think everyone is sooo used to WoW that they expect the developers to be in the community apologizing and trying to make amends like Blizzard does.
WoW was my first MMO, but from what I heard about EQ, FFXI, and other MMO's the developers had no contact at all with the community other than patch notes. Unfortunately Blizzard opened a can of worms that is now the measuring stick for all other MMO's and the funny part is that i'm sure most of the people that are ************ are the same ones that ***** and complain to blizzard about everything.

Envenra
12.14.2011 , 08:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by traft View Post
THIS is the target audience for EA/Bioware. People are exercising their right to provide feedback and some of it is very whinny but this is the modern gamer. If you want the big bucks then this is the target audience you have to keep happy.

I feel sorry for some of the people who have to deal with it but its a job, they get paid to keep the people happy, it is a symbiotic relationship. If their customers aren't happy then they should be well aware of how unhappy they are, because a continual negative trend will have a direct impact on their business, and likely their jobs.
Yeah. I really don't like the community that EA have. But it is something we'll get used to.