Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Video Card

beans
12.14.2011 , 08:03 AM | #1
What is the cheapest video card i should buy that would run this game? I have a toshiba A665 laptop and i need a new graphics card to run the game smoothly becausee the one that came with it is a pile of crap. I figured someone on these forums would know a good one to buy at a reasonable price.

Afortunado
12.14.2011 , 08:05 AM | #2
Tell me your not asking about a GPU for a lappy...

beans
12.14.2011 , 08:07 AM | #3
I know its really difficult to install a new one on a laptop but i need a new one for this game to run better and i was hoping i could buy one online and then have someone who is good with computers to install it for me.

Effinsickbro
12.14.2011 , 08:07 AM | #4
lawls, youre gonna have to get a new laptop. The only laptop's you can replace GPU's in are alienwares i believe. You cant replace parts in laptops like you can desktops, unless its like a stick of memory or a hardrive.

beans
12.14.2011 , 08:08 AM | #5
are you kidding me? I'm sure it is possible

Afortunado
12.14.2011 , 08:11 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Effinsickbro View Post
lawls, youre gonna have to get a new laptop. The only laptop's you can replace GPU's in are alienwares i believe. You cant replace parts in laptops like you can desktops, unless its like a stick of memory or a hardrive.
That's not completely true...

But OP, your far better off selling the laptop you have now and buying a new one with whatever you can make off that sale plus some cash. Swapping out a laptop GPU is nothing to mess around with.

Your very likely not capable. Additionally a quick google of that A665 returned a onboard intel GPU. You can't replace that. Sorry dude, pony up and buy a better machine.

EDIT: A665-S6050 is what I looked at first, and it appeared to use the Intel HD GPU. However it looks like the A665-S6070 uses an NVidia 310M. What model do you have.

Ruccus
12.14.2011 , 08:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by beans View Post
are you kidding me? I'm sure it is possible
No, it's not possible. Your laptop uses a Core i3-350M which has an Intel GMA HD graphics core on the processor itself.

beans
12.14.2011 , 08:13 AM | #8
thanks for the help guys. would it be easier to just buy a cheap desktop and then put a better graphics card in it?

I have the S6050 so it looks like im SOL

Afortunado
12.14.2011 , 08:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by beans View Post
thanks for the help guys. would it be easier to just buy a cheap desktop and then put a better graphics card in it?
Always.

beans
12.14.2011 , 08:16 AM | #10
would any new desktop work then as long as i buy i better graphics card then?