Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beginer!

Sieana
12.14.2011 , 07:02 AM | #1
Hello everyone I am new to the mmorpg games , so yes I am a noob to it . I have few questions about roleplaying or even the balance , I am looking for a adult roleplaying community . Here are my questions.

1) Picking a class - Jedi Sentinel or Sith Marauder (both are looking great for me : double light sabers , hoods , kinda heavy armour ) Or maybe you can reccomend any class for beginer

2) About choosing the side : Which one is more promising for developing roleplay : The Sith or maybe The Republic

3) Can we customize our gear : like using item which you get in level 11 can be used while having 50? For example during the raids to make the character more unique

I guess this is all Thank you very much

Sieana

Baeralas
12.14.2011 , 07:05 AM | #2
Hi, I would suggest reading this post, it is full of some good information. Good luck and enjoy the swtor universe.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383
"Sometime's I do it for money, sometime's I just do it because I can."
Baeralas - GM of Hope's End on "The Red Eclipse"
Matriarch of the Suriya Legacy

xKiesix
12.14.2011 , 07:08 AM | #3
*beginner

1) Both are about the same as far as ability and gameplay mechanics. It's honestly whether you want to use force-push or force-lightning.

2) Sith is easiest to roleplay since you basically are a blood-thirsty soldier who really doesn't have any sense of morality. This could be different though. You could be a Sith who was recruited at an older age and believes that moral decisions could be achieved with the dark side. Republic could also be very easy since you are essentially a sexless monk--though you could fall to the dark side there too. It's really which you believe more--Peace or passion?

3) Certain pieces can be modified, but not all. I don't think you will ever see a piece as low as level 11 making it to a level 50 char though. If you want it to, all the more power to you/

IIII-IIII-IIII
12.14.2011 , 07:10 AM | #4
Welcome, Sieana!

-Class Selection: To be honest, almost all classes have fairly straight forward levels of difficulty. Where the level of difficulty may increase is specialization (AC/Advanced Class) where your role in a group is important.

-Choosing Light or Dark: Really, that comes down to a personal preference. Some would say it's incredibly fun to be evil while others prefer the noble route. The good news is, with either side, you can choose dark side or light side responses in conversations.

So you could be an evil Jedi or a good Sith, within reason.

-Item customization: They've removed the color scheme customization for now (should be re-added in a few months) and you're able to alter colors of your lightsaber/blaster fire. Aside from that, I haven't leveled a character up too high in BETA or Live to know specifics.

Ultimately, the best advice I can give is experiment with classes and faction and see which class & side compels/inspires you.

Have fun!
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

Frigidman
12.14.2011 , 09:39 AM | #5
As for a larger adult roleplaying community, you may want to peruse this thread too:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707

Its about the unofficial consolidation of more serious roleplayers. Instead of getting scattered across a bunch of servers where most players on them are not actually interested in roleplay.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.