Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So would anyone like to explain...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So would anyone like to explain...

Riotus
01.10.2012 , 12:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Why people love HK-47? Get off the fanboy train and really tell me, because after watching and looking at him he doesn't really seem that special. Ok so...he has a cool/sarcastic voice and says the word "meatbag".......is that really all your giving me? People say hes special because he has his own personality....that doesn't make him special.

R2-D2

C3-PO

T3-M4

All went without memory wipes and they all developed their own personalities. Hes an assassin droid....that can kill jedi....again thats not really special, killing jedi isn't a special thing anymore. The CIS droids did it, clones did it, bounty hunters did it, its not a special thing anymore. He was built by the sith lord Revan....ok so? 3PO was built by Anakin at the age of 9(or was it 10?) so does that make him the best droid ever? In fact the only thing I find about him that is in detail is his personality, everything else is either non-existent or theres little information.
Angered reply: No other droid can turn meatbags such as yourself into plasma as efficiently as HK-47.

Foxfirega
01.10.2012 , 12:43 PM | #22
Not trying to, just trying to figure out why some people figure him as the best ever its the same with Boba, Jango, Revan, Kyle, Mandos. I try to wrap my head around it all, but I just don't see it.
Part of it is just outright fanboyism. I wouldn't say that HK-47 is the 'omgbestdroidevar', but as far as assassin droids go, he's king of the heap by a moderate margin. IG-88 and 4-LOM could definately compete and would give him a run for his money... but, HK-47 is perfectly fine being less direct and has shown (by proxy and personally through background conversations) to be better at manipulating entire situations to his benefit. Not something that those two excelled at (though they were capable of doing it).

Other then that he was very good at his 'assassination' job, it's his personality and the ways he chose to execute his plans that made him so popular. That lead to fanboyism, and fanboys never make good, sound decisions. And often attribute 'god' status to characters that don't really deserve them for the most part, even if they are exceptionally good otherwise (Revan isn't the most powerful being in existance, Boba Fett was one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy but he had stiff competition, and Jango was good but only an average Mandalorian at best, and even the Mandalorians weren't unstoppable monsters).

There really isn't much more to it then that.
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

OzmarTOR
01.10.2012 , 12:46 PM | #23
....ok so? 3PO was built by Anakin at the age of 9(or was it 10?) so does that make him the best droid ever?
LOL! More like Lamest Droid Evar!

-Ozmar the Hater
I has no signature! Alas!

mattchanner
01.10.2012 , 01:02 PM | #24
There are these things called opinions we form in our minds that cause us to believe things about stuff that other people do not.

In the words of Obi-wan Kenobi:
"we spend our entire lives constructing our own personal brand of truth. Then we find it hard to understand that others have a different point of view."
U MAD? Let go of your Anger.
Look I made a Dumb fan video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USRec...el_video_title

Midasear
01.10.2012 , 01:54 PM | #25
You cannot judge fan-love for HK-47 by anything that happens in SWTOR, or from his picture & written lore.

You have to listen to him tell the story of his life, a little bit at a time, as you repair his memory core in KOTOR. One fiasco after another, delivered with a voice laced with utter loathing for the meatbags who put him through it all. Imagine a C3-P0, who instead of whining about how awful whatever is going on is, quietly plots the demise of all the responsible parties and sounds malevolently gleeful describing how he brought each demise about.

You have to use him as a translator with the Sand People, and actually hear him say: ""Translation: He requires proof of good faith. We must make a contribution to his people that shows we are not a threat. Shall I blast him now, master?""

The line is awesome enough when read, but the voice actor nails the combination of feigned servility, sarcasm, passionate hope for violence, and pure malevolent intent it so perfectly....

Yeah, when it comes to HK-47, I'm a fanboi, too.

RugarDraconis
01.10.2012 , 03:07 PM | #26
He found a way to survive he actually did have a quest line in S.W.G.

Wolfninjajedi
01.10.2012 , 03:14 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RugarDraconis View Post
He found a way to survive he actually has a quest line in S.W.G.
You mean he did have a quest line in SWG.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Durzaka
01.10.2012 , 03:16 PM | #28
same reason people love Revan a ridiculous amount.

They are stupid and have no real reason.
Durzaka Retribution

Kiwimeister
01.10.2012 , 03:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by mattchanner View Post
There are these things called opinions we form in our minds that cause us to believe things about stuff that other people do not.

In the words of Obi-wan Kenobi:
"we spend our entire lives constructing our own personal brand of truth. Then we find it hard to understand that others have a different point of view."
WELL SAID MY GOOD FELLOW....WELL SAID!!! OBI WAN RULZ!!
Everything Eventually comes to an end....Not even the Dragon Balls can last forever!

RugarDraconis
01.10.2012 , 03:21 PM | #30
You mean he did have a quest line in SWG.
oops fixed