Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lauraliane
01.10.2012 , 11:38 AM | #11
I think the point of slicing is more to get the recipe and purple mission than to make money.

So I don't really see an issue here.

Not to mention that you still make free money by simply slicing the containers everywhere, and there are a lot, especially at high level.

Drewser
01.10.2012 , 11:43 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lauraliane View Post
I think the point of slicing is more to get the recipe and purple mission than to make money.

Not to mention that you still make free money by simply slicing the containers everywhere, and there are a lot, especially at high level.
You also can earn easy money while running the right missions and it does not interfere with anything else you are doing. The profits from missions are a nice little supplement.

ThatJerkPat
01.10.2012 , 02:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lauraliane View Post

The problem here is that you need to crit rich tier 5 or tier 6 missions to get schematics and purple missions to make money, but you're more likely to crit rich tier 3 or other weak missions than those. I am running missions with 10k affection companions and my data shows me I crit 12% of the time and lose money 34% of the time. so I'm 3 times more likely to lose money than I am to crit, and many of my crits are from automated saboteur which do not provide level 340 missions (the ones that sell)

Make the missions not a money sink (you should only lose money when you fail, no other mission makes you lose straight up lose money you atleast gain *something*), increase the crit chance if you're not going to up the profit margin.

Right now I can make more money than slicing selling companion gifts. Theres still so many bugged world nodes and of course if you're running in a full group like I suppose the designers would want (because its an MMO?) then either 1 person is ninjaing all the nodes or you're sharing and thus once again losing money for the time invested.

ThatJerkPat
01.10.2012 , 02:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewser View Post
You also can earn easy money while running the right missions and it does not interfere with anything else you are doing. The profits from missions are a nice little supplement.
A nice little supplement for a level 10 character maybe. Level 30+ and the money gains just don't justify the time invested when your companions could be coming back with metals/gifts/anything more valuable than lockboxes.

Ignorant
01.10.2012 , 02:14 PM | #15
Quote:
I am running missions with 10k affection companions and my data shows me I crit 12% of the time and lose money 34% of the time..
hate to break it to ya but its called a gamble for a reason. every crew skill is a gamble
I don't usually look for people raging, but when i do i prefer SWTOR forums.

Bawheidbob
01.10.2012 , 02:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignorant View Post
hate to break it to ya but its called a gamble for a reason. every crew skill is a gamble
I think your name of character sums up everything.

ThatJerkPat
01.10.2012 , 02:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignorant View Post
Every other crew mission I run returns me something unless I fail. And last I checked I was running slicing missions, not gambling missions. I'd gladly gamble credits in Nar Shaddaa like I did in SWG, but that's not an option.

I have run 60 hours worth of missions to gain 72k. That is atrocious.

edit: If I could gamble in space roulette like in SWG even that would be more profitable than slicing.

Drewser
01.10.2012 , 02:30 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatJerkPat View Post
The problem here is that you need to crit rich tier 5 or tier 6 missions to get schematics and purple missions to make money, but you're more likely to crit rich tier 3 or other weak missions than those. I am running missions with 10k affection companions and my data shows me I crit 12% of the time and lose money 34% of the time. so I'm 3 times more likely to lose money than I am to crit, and many of my crits are from automated saboteur which do not provide level 340 missions (the ones that sell)

Make the missions not a money sink (you should only lose money when you fail, no other mission makes you lose straight up lose money you atleast gain *something*), increase the crit chance if you're not going to up the profit margin.

Right now I can make more money than slicing selling companion gifts. Theres still so many bugged world nodes and of course if you're running in a full group like I suppose the designers would want (because its an MMO?) then either 1 person is ninjaing all the nodes or you're sharing and thus once again losing money for the time invested.
For the millionth time, if you select the right missions you WILL NOT LOSE money.

Eldyraen
01.10.2012 , 02:34 PM | #19
Slicing is a gathering skill--missions are bonus just like other gatherers' get to gain random reward/leveling up. People that believe it is a mission skill should learn to read and look at where the trainer is compaired to "mission crew skill" trainers. Thead creator states "mission" in his initial post which voids most of all the complainers issues (mission is brought up in every post eventually).

Slicing is fine as is--reroll treasure hunting if you want something for nothing as it is the "mission" equivalent for cash and gear.

marshalleck
01.10.2012 , 02:43 PM | #20
So is the complaint that you lost money on a mission that potentially advances your skill?

That happens to crafters all the time. I don't see the problem.
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >