Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any well written SW books?

Bird_of_Thunder
01.10.2012 , 12:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerig View Post
"Decieved" and "Revan" are also excellent and play heavy into the game's lore. "Fatal Alliance" was uuuggghhhhh... I couldn't keep reading it.
But read those two. "Decieved" even has the cinematic written in it - I listened to the music while I read. Epic.
Fatal Alliance wasn't great.

Wow, I listened to the trailer while reading also. Had to speed read though
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

kenvegar
01.10.2012 , 12:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirasavior View Post
The Thrawn Trilogy written by Timothy Zahn. An amazing series of book, definately what I recommend.
I second that, even better then the real thing!

Lugtor
01.10.2012 , 03:53 AM | #13
Indeed, the Thrawn Trilogy, and the Zahn Star Wars books overall.
The Thrawn books happen to be my favorites and are the reason i am a Star Wars fan. Imho they are better then the movies.
The books of Episode 1-6 are also worth a read, cause they fill some logic holes and give an overall better understanding of what is going on.

Drew Karpyshn is quite nice also.

You'll definitely have to check out book rewievs for SW EU books, there's so much crap its unbelievable.

XTchazTX
01.10.2012 , 04:49 AM | #14
I personally despise most of the expanded universe however there are some good books out there.

Anything by Timothy Zahn is good.
Shadows of the Empire is a competant filler between Ep V and Ep VI.
The first book of the Bane trilogy is excellent.

Avoid Kevin J Anderson like the plague. Everything by him reads like a decievingly well written fan fic. This is common amongst SW books but Anderson is the most well known writer of the series to do this (to me at least).

ZombieSodomite
01.10.2012 , 06:20 AM | #15
I don't read a lot of the actual novels so much as follow some of the expanded uni comic content, I'm really into Legacy Era and really enjoyed the story. My ex bought me Death Troopers last year but I've yet to read through it, it seemed kind of hard to get into.
Carve me up
Slice me apart
Suck my guts and lick my heart

TheBentOne
01.10.2012 , 11:40 AM | #16
The Thrawn Trilogy is really good, so is just about everything else written by Zahn. I prefer Stover though and absolutly loved shadows of mindor and shatterpiont.

DarthMoord
01.10.2012 , 03:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by the_parrot View Post
Republic Commando series by Karen Traviss
He asked for good books, not good books to demonstrate what bad books look like.
See the sniper on the hill.
Rifle's loaded, he's ready to kill.
Kill the enemy, steal his soul.
So early. So early. So early in the morning.

Vecke
01.10.2012 , 05:51 PM | #18
If you haven't written the Episode 3 novelization, I highly recommend it. Very well written and actually makes Anakin's fall far more realistic.
"I know."

Vecke
01.10.2012 , 05:52 PM | #19
Also, I'm a fan of the cowboy side of Star Wars. They're a little on the campy side, but if you like Han Solo, I definitely recommend the Brian Daley Han Solo books from the 80s. I personally found them to be extremely fun books.
"I know."

Tyrsian
01.10.2012 , 06:40 PM | #20
The new jedi order series is my personal favourite and legacy of the force