Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the best way to earn credits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What's the best way to earn credits?

Rhombulos
01.09.2012 , 03:28 PM | #1
I'm getting close to 50 and want to find a sustainable source of income. I'm at 400 in Cybertech/Scavenging/Underworld Trading and I'm just about to start making epic mods and selling them. I haven't started yet, but a friend told me that it's not a great way to earn credits and mods are too easily replaceable even at 50, so no one will buy them. I guess the question is: Is it worth it to keep Cybertech to make money, and if so what's the best way to do that? If Cybertech isn't that great for credit making what should I switch to?
Underworld Training: Send your companions on dangerous missions to get gifts, so you can give them gifts!

Owsley
01.09.2012 , 03:38 PM | #2
I find the best market for crafting is in the level 10-30 range, not at the high end. People are constantly upgrading their equipment to level up.

Rhombulos
01.09.2012 , 03:50 PM | #3
Okay, I'll probably try that. Thanks!
Underworld Training: Send your companions on dangerous missions to get gifts, so you can give them gifts!

WutsInAName
01.09.2012 , 03:59 PM | #4
#1 way to make credits
- DO NOT CRAFT! Had to learn this the hard way myself.

#2 way to make credit
- use 3 gathering skills + sell mat = profit.

#3 pvp or at least pvp dailies

#4 other dailys including space and heroic 2+

Exactly
01.09.2012 , 04:01 PM | #5
All of your chars should be slicing until lvl 50, heck you can even keep it at 50 if you go out in the world a lot. The missions are not good to do unless you need augments. I am lvl 41 and have 600k credits even after buying my lvl 40 mount skill and mount. I dont do anything out of the ordinary other than quest and slice terminals when i see them, i even buy upgrades on gear from the GTN.