Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Pre-Order Now You May get up to five days early

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Pre-Order Now You May get up to five days early

Bobbasv's Avatar


Bobbasv
12.14.2011 , 08:17 AM | #11
I like how ppl who pre orderd late will get pwned on day 1 with all the 50's running around, thats gonna ruin alot of experinses to new players. i wish i never pre ordered tbh, i dont even wanna play the game anymore.

Dasffion's Avatar


Dasffion
12.14.2011 , 08:20 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobbasv View Post
I like how ppl who pre orderd late will get pwned on day 1 with all the 50's running around, thats gonna ruin alot of experinses to new players. i wish i never pre ordered tbh, i dont even wanna play the game anymore.
1) Will only happen if they roll on a PvP server and people who do that, for the most part, know what they're getting into

2) Won't happen until they're around level 20 since you don't see the opposing faction until you get to Nar Shadda.

3) Did you want to play the game so you can get in early or did you want to play the game? Saying that you don't want to play because you can't get in early makes you sound extremely childish.

vobra's Avatar


vobra
12.14.2011 , 08:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
It's yet to be seen if it's "the smoothest mmo launch in history" since it hasn't launched yet. Besides there'd be just as much unhappiness from people who are impatient and can't read if they let everyone in and they had to deal with mob competition, lag, queue times and crashes.
It launched yesterday (13/12) everyone not playing atm is going for late access to the game. After all it is fair enough to say that the number of people preordered the game is going to be more then the people that decided to play on the 20/12. That being said BW didn't keep it a secret what they were going to do with the launch phases and noone should be surprised now or crying over it. It's a bit too late you had since July to do it.

Dasffion's Avatar


Dasffion
12.14.2011 , 08:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by vobra View Post
It launched yesterday (13/12) everyone not playing atm is going for late access to the game. After all it is fair enough to say that the number of people preordered the game is going to be more then the people that decided to play on the 20/12. That being said BW didn't keep it a secret what they were going to do with the launch phases and noone should be surprised now or crying over it. It's a bit too late you had since July to do it.
Launch is not till the 20th. Early Access != Launch.

Blades_of_Afro's Avatar


Blades_of_Afro
12.14.2011 , 08:22 AM | #15
i want to cry bout not getting the early play but i don't complain if i can't change it!

HangmanBones's Avatar


HangmanBones
12.14.2011 , 08:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
Launch is not till the 20th. Early Access != Launch.
i see the 2 bioware founders calling this launch and a london launch event, sure seems like a game launch, keep white knighting. bioware seems to want to play favorites with certain paying customers over others.
I used to be a optimist.. then bioware took a 18 hour break.

valkour's Avatar


valkour
12.14.2011 , 08:31 AM | #17
they shouldnt allow peeps that start on launch day to be on same servers as peeps with 7 day head start. each day they allow peeps in they should only be able to join servers open the next day new servers open and people that get access taht day should have to choose new servers. So I would choose a light server so u knoiw you will not be out lvled to bad

Dasffion's Avatar


Dasffion
12.14.2011 , 08:32 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by HangmanBones View Post
i see the 2 bioware founders calling this launch and a london launch event, sure seems like a game launch, keep white knighting. bioware seems to want to play favorites with certain paying customers over others.
http://www.swtor.com/news/press-release/20111213

All systems go for launch on the 20th.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/be-part-launch-12202011

Be part of the Launch on 12/20/2011

They're having a "launch event" today in London but the official Launch is not until the 20th. You can't enter a product code or buy a subscription till then so that is launch.

Aethra's Avatar


Aethra
12.14.2011 , 09:18 AM | #19
I don't understand this freaking world... why are ppl so... stupid.

It's a freaking game.

gtmach's Avatar


gtmach
12.14.2011 , 09:32 AM | #20
It's torturing me!

I posted yesterday that we should all relax but I admit I was full of it.

The whole day I was refreshing email every 5-10 min.

Just too excited.

I don't even have the time to play it for hours on end but I need to know that I can play at all just for the peace of mind.