Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-Order Now You May get up to five days early

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Pre-Order Now You May get up to five days early

Aethra
12.14.2011 , 05:51 AM | #1
just to get some facts straight.

since today is the 14th, we are 6 days ahead of official launch.

SO PLS STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT TO HAVE EGA.

Celethorn
12.14.2011 , 06:12 AM | #2
I think that the mods should create some stickies telling the people to have patience, not to create anymore threads complaining about not having early access yet, and state clearly how it was stated from the very start that it was never promised they would have exactly 5 days of early start time and that it was always *up to* 5 days, and that they are getting the time before the official launch for free without any charge, and so on...

Aethra
12.14.2011 , 07:31 AM | #3
yeah, an official statement would be nice...

Erulinda
12.14.2011 , 07:35 AM | #4
They don't "have to" to be honest. Anyone with half a brain knew before hand what they ment. Noone can fault them for the very few, yet very vocal, people throwing tantrums.

You know what the best thing is you can do when a kid throws a tantrum ? You ignore them till they calm down.

There's alot more people "not" complaining then people that are. But as usual people in MMoRPG's expect them to cater to the few and not the many.

If you cave in over this, you'll see your game go to apecrap with in months, because the kiddies will know they can win if they whine enough.

I seen it far to often. Classes getting nerfed over tantrumfests on forums just to mention the most disruptive form.

Do NOT give in to trolls, or it won't stop... "ever" till this game is what "they" want and not what the majority of us do...
Healing since Everquest... and yes, you are all right "It truely always IS the healers fault"

lucasomega
12.14.2011 , 07:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethra View Post
yeah, an official statement would be nice...
Isn't there like a dozen of them all over the place?
I shot first.

lividspiral
12.14.2011 , 07:48 AM | #6
it's not so much complaining, it's more the waiting. what else are a few million people with computer access and a whole slew of forums going to do hehe.

that and the good names are going fast lolz

ooh and there's soooo much evil i'm missing out on doing and people who need killing. my sith inquizzy is itching to be created and unleashed upon an unknowing galaxy !
Pre-Order july 23rd !!!!

You don't run into people that don't like Bill Murray movies. If you do, kill that person, because they may be demon posessed. - Ron Bennington

HangmanBones
12.14.2011 , 07:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethra View Post
just to get some facts straight.

since today is the 14th, we are 6 days ahead of official launch.

SO PLS STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT TO HAVE EGA.

telling players that they can't play when servers are light and you take a break after stopping your waves for 18 hours is just bad community management, stop white knighting for bw. what happens in ega gives the paying customers an idea how bw will handle the community at the retail launch not just the favorite player launch.
I used to be a optimist.. then bioware took a 18 hour break.

slackbheep
12.14.2011 , 08:06 AM | #8
Whatever their excuse, there are empty servers and hundreds of thousands of bored fans venting frustration at being unable to play. They've traded the distinction of "the smoothest mmo launch in history" for a whole lot of unhappiness in their community.

Banizor
12.14.2011 , 08:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by slackbheep View Post
Whatever their excuse, there are empty servers and hundreds of thousands of bored fans venting frustration at being unable to play. They've traded the distinction of "the smoothest mmo launch in history" for a whole lot of unhappiness in their community.
i found a rager! can i keep him?? ooooh...ppleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasse!??

ill feed him to my Ranchor if i can have him
Lieutenant Gulliver - Commando

Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Dasffion
12.14.2011 , 08:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by slackbheep View Post
It's yet to be seen if it's "the smoothest mmo launch in history" since it hasn't launched yet. Besides there'd be just as much unhappiness from people who are impatient and can't read if they let everyone in and they had to deal with mob competition, lag, queue times and crashes.