Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What If Raids Dropped No Gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What If Raids Dropped No Gear?

masmun's Avatar


masmun
01.09.2012 , 03:15 AM | #11
I think the token system works overall for all, sure it needs to be tweaked as well as difficulty for several end game contents. Hardmode and end game Flahspoints should be build around challenging of 4 man groups, take less time and provide less commendations. This is for those whom dont have the same amount of time available to them to raid. where it would take so many runs through such places and equal so many hours.

Where Operations would be build around challenging an 8 man group, take more time but provide more commendations. So those who have more hours (though equivalent in time spent with the flashpoints) But because they put more time into these in a week they would there for acquire this gear at a faster pace.

This style system would there for allow all whom have put in the time (though over greater time for some than others.) in challenging content.

SlyJeff's Avatar


SlyJeff
01.09.2012 , 03:15 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA View Post
Can you tell I despise the entire raid mechanic in MMOs and wish it would die screaming in a fire?
That's sad, because I really enjoy raiding, even if I don't get to do it as much as I'd like.

oakamp's Avatar


oakamp
01.09.2012 , 03:15 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA View Post
Question:

What if raids dropped no gear at all.

Answer:

All the raiders who say they do it for the challenge would be exposed for the liars they are.
totally agree.

Seattlite's Avatar


Seattlite
01.09.2012 , 03:19 AM | #14
OP's idea gets a +1 from me, although id still like to see random loot tables alongside mods.

SlyJeff's Avatar


SlyJeff
01.09.2012 , 03:20 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Syylara View Post
For myself, it isn't that I despise raiding. To those who inherently enjoy it, I say "good for you." It is the exclusive access to unequaled rewards that I can't stand (and those who demand it).

There are many different forms of "skill" one can demonstrate.
Well, that's what I was trying to address. I guess, though, it depends on what you think of as a reward. To me stats are just tools used to do more hard hitting content, where a new "look" is the reward.

In a well balanced MMO, I would expect not to get through all the nightmare ops, but at least be able to clear the normal ops and work on hard modes- this should keep me busy while devs work on new content. It would not bother me in the slightest that more hard core folks had better stats than me, but I'd love the chance at some great looking gear- the same chance that a guy who never steps in a op would have.

Conundrum-NSA's Avatar


Conundrum-NSA
01.09.2012 , 03:24 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Syylara View Post
For myself, it isn't that I despise raiding. To those who inherently enjoy it, I say "good for you." It is the exclusive access to unequaled rewards that I can't stand (and those who demand it).
Since devs have demonstrated they bow to that demand for the foreseeable future, I've been almost completely away from the genre.....but that's enough on that subject, I don't want to derail the OPs thread any further with the perpetual pro/anti raid fight.

Gibbs's Avatar


Gibbs
01.09.2012 , 03:24 AM | #17
While my spine agrees with the "no reward" suggestion in this thread (that's right, I am no raider), I think that would be unthinkable in this game. In another game perhaps.

But the mods suggestion is a good one. I support it. For my part they could make them BoE, but I guess that would never happen.

Oh, and why can't raiders be rewarded in other ways than exclusive gear? Suggestions on the top of my head? Titles, access to areas, schematics to orange gear, completion of an operation could grant access to other operations, non-exclusive gear, a scoreboard over the most successful ops team on the server (all while not giving them exclusive gear). I think the gear grind is a bit old, and there shoud/could be new ways to think this over... But then again, I am no raider, so...
The Lightdarker Legacy - (Tomb of Freedon Nadd)
Gibbes, Jedi Shadow - Znophy, Gunslinger
Znobbes, Sith Juggernaut - Znibba, Operative

Draekos's Avatar


Draekos
01.09.2012 , 03:24 AM | #18
Sounds good!

Syylara's Avatar


Syylara
01.09.2012 , 03:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
While my spine agrees with the "no reward" suggestion in this thread (that's right, I am no raider), I think that would be unthinkable in this game. In another game perhaps.

But the mods suggestion is a good one. I support it. For my part they could make them BoE, but I guess that would never happen.

Oh, and why can't raiders be rewarded in other ways than exclusive gear? Suggestions on the top of my head? Titles, access to areas, schematics to orange gear, completion of an operation could grant access to other operations, non-exclusive gear, a scoreboard over the most successful ops team on the server (all while not giving them exclusive gear). I think the gear grind is a bit old, and there shoud/could be new ways to think this over... But then again, I am no raider, so...
You don't have to be a raider to have an opinion on matters that impact the entire game, which stat mods (and how to access them) most certainly does.
Syyl'ara - Twi'lek Smuggler Yaan'su - Chiss Agent
www.swtor-rp.com - Roleplaying community and discussion

Forsbacka's Avatar


Forsbacka
01.09.2012 , 03:37 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA View Post
Question:

What if raids dropped no gear at all.

Answer:

All the raiders who say they do it for the challenge would be exposed for the liars they are.
Pretty much same with warzones.