Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just a quick question about payment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Just a quick question about payment

Selesta
12.14.2011 , 05:02 AM | #1
Upon purchasing the game will we need to buy a timecard as well to start playing (like WoW) or we only need the game and later, after the included time lapses, set up a subscription or buy a time-card?

Eiksmarka
12.14.2011 , 05:04 AM | #2
You will need to subscribe for game time in order to play regardless if you have a preorder code. You will not be charged until the free timelapse is over (30 days).

DariuszPol
12.14.2011 , 05:09 AM | #3
Too bad that early access count to that 30d. Also I was trying to setup subscription via paypal 3 or 4 times and I failed. Is subscription panel working ?
REMEMBER: People in PVP don't hate you. They just want you dead :-)
Stun Wars: Just Stun Republic

Erevan_Kindelar
12.14.2011 , 05:11 AM | #4
Early Access does not count toward your 30 days' time included with the box/release copy.

Your 30 days of included time starts from 20th or the day you enter your retail code, whichever is later.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

DariuszPol
12.14.2011 , 05:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
Early Access does not count toward your 30 days' time included with the box/release copy.

Your 30 days of included time starts from 20th or the day you enter your retail code, whichever is later.
From https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription

You have 30 days of play time starting 12.20.2011. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time.

And more to that. Subscription button don't work with paypal. And I be dam before I put somewhere credit card data.
REMEMBER: People in PVP don't hate you. They just want you dead :-)
Stun Wars: Just Stun Republic

Ronaldius
12.14.2011 , 07:32 AM | #6
Just got my time-card by mail, im happy now sinds i dont have a creditcard, and was a bit scared it would be to late
So to all that where scared for the same reason, its here and on time.