Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bronie is the new Carebear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bronie is the new Carebear

Rekija
12.14.2011 , 05:00 AM | #1
In many past MMOs Carebear has been a name reserved for those that prefer PVE servers because they don't enjoy ganking or being ganked.

I don't see any reason to be ashamed of this, but I think many would embrace it if it was named after something much more awesome.

Let the PVE server players be called Bronie's.

Discuss.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right." - River Tam

Vinsklortho
12.14.2011 , 05:07 AM | #2
I played on PvP servers in WoW(5 years) and a PvE server in Rift(6 months). Once someone gets to a respectable level as far as reaction time, class knowledge, and thinking on your feet is concerned then whether you play on a server where you can enjoy a 10 minute bio without coming back to a dead character is pretty much irrelevant.
Full Supporter Of Open World PVP As Long As It Doesn't Inconvenience Me.

Jaku
12.14.2011 , 05:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinsklortho View Post
I played on PvP servers in WoW(5 years) and a PvE server in Rift(6 months). Once someone gets to a respectable level as far as reaction time, class knowledge, and thinking on your feet is concerned then whether you play on a server where you can enjoy a 10 minute bio without coming back to a dead character is pretty much irrelevant.
So basically you're a carebear.

Oh sorry, Bronie(?)
"Your chances come in two shapes. Slim, and fat." - Mace Windu

Quote:
This is a story driven story.

PRO-Volt
12.14.2011 , 06:06 AM | #4
Rekija is the new carebear.

Rekija
12.14.2011 , 06:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PRO-Volt View Post
Rekija is the new carebear.
Burn!

Wait...

Seriously I don't care my PVP flag is off I take no damage.

Speaking of carebears, my wife was a big fan. Can't standard modern carebears and is struggling to get into the changes made to MLP. That said, she's still playing WoW since she hates Star Wars.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right." - River Tam

Vinsklortho
12.14.2011 , 07:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
So basically you're a carebear.

Oh sorry, Bronie(?)
If being called a carebear by internet tough guys is the price I pay for being able to go afk to make food and/or drop a deuce then so be it. I could probably count on two hands over the course of playing on pvp servers over the past 5 years how many actual real pvp fights I had in the world as opposed to one person just ganking the other.

Jaku
12.14.2011 , 07:12 AM | #7
If being called a carebear by internet tough guys is the price I pay for being able to go afk to make food and/or drop a deuce then so be it. I could probably count on two hands over the course of playing on pvp servers over the past 5 years how many actual real pvp fights I had in the world as opposed to one person just ganking the other.
I was just messing, but you know, you could always go AFK in a major city or something.
"Your chances come in two shapes. Slim, and fat." - Mace Windu

Quote:
This is a story driven story.

Makhbet
12.14.2011 , 07:12 AM | #8
Then go afk in a town and not in the middle of a road? So Bronie...
Legions of Lettow EU
Banehallow Legacy

Macgyver

Vinsklortho
12.14.2011 , 11:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
I was just messing, but you know, you could always go AFK in a major city or something.
Oh, I know. :P

BloodySunBoy
12.14.2011 , 11:31 AM | #10
No. Leave us bronies out of it, were all about the PVP servers. Carebears is a fine term, let's leave it at that.