Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who else would've liked to join Malgus' New Empire?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Who else would've liked to join Malgus' New Empire?

BubbleDncr
03.04.2013 , 05:08 PM | #91
Yea...pretty much every empire character I have has been confused about why she's fighting Malgus.
~ The Orelli Legacy ~ Prophecy of the Five ~
Elys'iya - lvl 50 Sniper Arėya - lvl 50 Sentinel
Lia'li - lvl 50 Powertech Alindra - lvl 50 Sorcerer

Allronix
03.05.2013 , 10:30 PM | #92
A real tragedy, as he isn't am omnicidal nutcase like the Emperor. He has a better grasp of tactics than "we have reserves." He's not some racist fool, and is smart enough to extend an offer of participation to species other than Sith Pureblood and humans. He's got a marginal sense of honor, and he's actually more interested in making the Empire function than playing the mutually assured destruction garbage than the Dark Council seem to be caught in.

Overall, I haven't rolled an Inquisitor yet (and maybe never will, judging from how little I like the Imperial side in general), but I already think an Inquisitor character of mine will die on that station defending his lord.
Alylia Terel of Guild Meridius, Bergen Colony
Meridius: Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

lokdron
03.06.2013 , 07:01 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
A real tragedy, as he isn't am omnicidal nutcase like the Emperor. He has a better grasp of tactics than "we have reserves." He's not some racist fool, and is smart enough to extend an offer of participation to species other than Sith Pureblood and humans. He's got a marginal sense of honor, and he's actually more interested in making the Empire function than playing the mutually assured destruction garbage than the Dark Council seem to be caught in.

Overall, I haven't rolled an Inquisitor yet (and maybe never will, judging from how little I like the Imperial side in general), but I already think an Inquisitor character of mine will die on that station defending his lord.
The thing is after the malgus event Darth Marr Kinda took up malgus's flag with trying to get more aliens into the empire. As malgus said even if he lives or dies the empire is going to change and currently going by lore and the books out now it is.

Personally I think the reason they did not add the option to join him is because it would render our whole story moot if you think about it. I mean you built up all your power/fame and then you join the traitor and end up fighting the whole empire. Plus lets not forget maglus said those who wish to give up their old titles and all their other stuff is free to join him.

Story wise you would never be allowed to the space dock and all the other planets.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Koyaanisqat
03.06.2013 , 11:16 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
The thing is after the malgus event Darth Marr Kinda took up malgus's flag with trying to get more aliens into the empire. As malgus said even if he lives or dies the empire is going to change and currently going by lore and the books out now it is.
This is clarified further in that a Nautolan is promoted to Colonel and given the responsibility to reclaim Denova.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

lokdron
03.07.2013 , 02:03 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
This is clarified further in that a Nautolan is promoted to Colonel and given the responsibility to reclaim Denova.
Wait what? Is this Nautolan with the empire?

If thats the case thats awesome.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Sideblaze
03.07.2013 , 08:43 PM | #96
Bioware could have had Satele randomly break in and we "Prove ourselves loyal" to Malgus by slaying her, or something like that.

That way we still have a boss, and the roleplay would make more sense.

The worst things in role playing games is when you are controlling YOUR character, not some pre-characterised dude like Cloud or something. This is YOUR guy being projected, So when there is an option that DOESN'T EVEN GET ACKNOWLEDGED (Like maybe a line "I will gladly serve you" then malgus just kind of quips "Far too late for that" then it would be okay. But to blatantly ignore a really good story point is, in my opinion a waste.

FredicusCaesar
05.08.2013 , 03:27 PM | #97
I would have loved joining Malgusīs empire, when I did the Ilum quest line I got really sad because I couldnīt join him.
Maybe in the future Darth Malgus return (event) in secret and you can help him

zzoorrzz
05.08.2013 , 04:42 PM | #98
No matter what Malgus believed in, turning against the Empire was a mistake. Imperials need unity, not to fight each other because some minor ideological differences. Allegiance to the dark side is what matters. And he threw it away because of bunch of aliens, got himself killed and weakened the rest of Empire. There's nothing to praise him for.

Idunhavaname
05.08.2013 , 07:57 PM | #99
I would have joined in a heartbeat. Crushes me everytime you reach that part where he announce "One of you vowed to join the new empire. But which one? Im certainly not telling".

Y U DO DIZ BIOWARE?

RIP orange pixel

GhostDrone
05.10.2013 , 11:30 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
I would have joined in a heartbeat. Crushes me everytime you reach that part where he announce "One of you vowed to join the new empire. But which one? Im certainly not telling".

Y U DO DIZ BIOWARE?
Yes, i hate that tease. At first i assumed it was a clever hint at something larger, but then i quickly realized it was a stupid attempt to make Malgus seem deceptive towards the group.

It would be nice if there could be a story arc somewhere longer down the line.

In example; The Empire is struggling quite heavily again (Similar to their desperate state during the Makeb storyline) and they need a gigantic miracle to turn the tide.

Malgus comes out of (obviously somehow explained) hiding and pulls the Empire out of desperation and back into the battlefields, with the help of his loyal alien allies.

This act of somewhat blind heroism would be Malgus' final attempt to open the Empire's eyes before they doom themselves permanently.

Because of how he showed the value and power of certain alien alliances, the Empire accepts him back under certain terms and requirements, along with his newly built alien armies.

Then the two finally fuse back together into one, stronger and unified Empire.

It sounds a bit too heroic for the Sith, i know. But it's the only acceptable solution i could think of that didn't involve just forcing down a "New Empire" faction out of nowhere.

This way, we'd see smaller and bigger changes on the Fleet, uniform and future stories that indicate that substantial change did indeed happen within the Empire.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.