Are there any Modification Stations on Tatooine?

StefanArentz

• 5 weeks later...
Every time I hit ctrl + right click it moves the item from my inventory to my character or back again, basically just like right click by itself. I don;t get it. Is my item modification bugged?
It only does that if the item is unmoddable

Every time I hit ctrl + right click it moves the item from my inventory to my character or back again, basically just like right click by itself. I don;t get it. Is my item modification bugged?

Sounds like you're trying to mod an item that is not custom. This only works with gear that has mod slots.

the mod stations are not needed they just havent been removed yet...just ctl+right click on the item you wish modify and go from there

Actually BW has stated that mod stations are required for high level modding. Since I am not high level yet, I cannot confirm this however.

At the risk of sounding like a noob, I guess this means that not all lightsabers can be modified?

Only orange items can be fully modded. However there are some purple items that are partially moddable.

Only orange items can be fully modded. However there are some purple items that are partially moddable.

This is incorrect. Several 'Premium' (Green) Companion weapons (e.g. http://www.torhead.com/item/VGkS3B/rishas-first-rate-sniper, which I've seen in-game and all of Risha's green sniper rifles according to Torhead) are fully moddable, as are many droid components which can be made by Cybertech (e.g. http://www.torhead.com/item/18tBsbV/cz-98-custom-sensor-unit) Edit: Scratch that; it's orange anyway... Doofus => or bought from Specialty Goods vendors (e.g. http://www.torhead.com/item/425F2aM/aa-16-sensor-unit). <== End edit.

Edited by Baelish

Does it still cost the same amount to strip mods at a station as it does when you press Ctrl + Right Click?

That would make so much sense if they made them work that way.

Yes, and (at least at launch) the stations can be buggy and mess up the process. It's easiest and just as effective to just Ctrl+Right Click.

The modding stations will be used by a future addition, they've all but said as much. My guess is for the future update to color matching. Though they might use it for removing/adding set bonuses to gear. We'll just have to wait and see.

• 11 months later...
the mod stations are not needed they just havent been removed yet...just ctl+right click on the item you wish modify and go from there

They're still required for adding augment slots to gear, which can be annoying if you have to pack up and head off to your fleet (or another planet) just to install an augmentation kit, because there's no modification station on the planet you're on. Anywhere. On the entire frelling planet. They should add a legacy unlock to have the crafting station in your starship -- which you can't use now -- function as a modification station; that would give players the ability to have a relatively-convenient modification station regardless of what planet they're on, and by simply making the crafting station functional for the player as a modification station, the developers don't have to add any graphics beyond the 'clickable object' blue overlay.

They're still required for adding augment slots to gear

You do realize that the post you are responding is over 1 year old? At the time there were no such things as augment kits and the mod stations were not needed at all for anything. So the answer were all exactly right for the time.

For the millionth time: Stop Replying to these 12 month old posts!!!

First of all, you're not helping anyone since the original poster is probably not here at all anymore, or even if he is, at least not looking for answers to that question anymore.

And secondly you're likely going to bring a lot of outdated information back to the first page, by bumping these really old threads.

• 4 weeks later...
You do realize that the post you are responding is over 1 year old? At the time there were no such things as augment kits and the mod stations were not needed at all for anything. So the answer were all exactly right for the time.

First of all, you're not helping anyone since the original poster is probably not here at all anymore, or even if he is, at least not looking for answers to that question anymore.

And secondly you're likely going to bring a lot of outdated information back to the first page, by bumping these really old threads.

actually he helped me cause i need to AUGMENT an item, and his info was helpful, as this thread still comes up in top results in google

• 2 years later...

He also helped me quite a bit :)