Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

Supervillainess
01.12.2012 , 11:04 PM | #101
I wish you could have rivalmances with your companions whose opinions differ from your characters'. It was a good idea in DAII.
Jedi Covenant
The Republic: Ciarwyn (Sage), Damselfly (Gunslinger)
The Empire:

Ralei
01.13.2012 , 12:13 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by JRastenn View Post
I tried a female smuggler, but I just couldn't stand Corso's chauvinism. Throughout Ord Mantell he had no problem killing men in cold blood because they wronged him, but you shoot a woman for similar reasons and he acts like you're some kind of monster. He thinks women are all innocent, fragile creatures that need him to protect them. Dear 1950s, I think you left someone here. Please take him back.

My female SI seems to have the bug with Andronikos someone mentioned earlier, as he stopped talking to me a long time ago. I hadn't planned on romancing him in any case, as I found his character rather bland. He's basically Dragon Age's Oghren, in both voice and personality, but without the drunken shenanigans. In other words, without the part that made Oghren fun and stand out as a character. Instead he's left being the boring "Rrrr, let's start a fight and kill people for fun!" archetype I've seen too many times. Maybe he gets fleshed out more and becomes interesting the more you talk to him, but as I said he's giving me the silent treatment, and I'm ok with that.

I would have liked to try romancing Talos, though. His boundless enthusiasm for uncovering lost history was fun. Sadly, I could not.

I finally got Andronikos to start talking to me, I got like 5 quests in a row. So, I went from dating to "lets get married" in about 5 minutes -_- Ruined it for me.

Really though, Andronikos is very.... meh. Very unattractive customization kits, too.

And I will totally agree about Talos. He is by far my favorite companion and I wish he was romancable. Once, I asked him if he were flirting with me and he was like "oh no! never!" and I cried a little inside :P I just pretend he's gay.

I just hit 50 with my SI tonight and I'm feeling kind of cheated. She met so many men through out her story and could only flirt with ..... 3. Bleh. That's soooo not how I would roll.

Edrawr
01.13.2012 , 12:52 AM | #103
Does anyone know if there are any screenshots of Doc's customizations anywhere? I've looked and can't find any. Probably because the game is so new still.

Hoping patch 2.0 comes soon (I'm hoping that's when they add more companions and add same-gender relationships, anyway). :P

Kesh_
01.13.2012 , 10:58 AM | #104
Risha... she may get jealous, but she gets my lifestyle, Im a smuggler that has to sleep with 2 women every planet or i get bored. She didnt say anything when I slept with the friend on Taris or the vapid senator's daughter on Nar Shadaa or the governor or etc. etc. flirt with every woman i meet and have women fight over me.

Spoiler

She just gets me. Im a man that can't stick with only 1 woman. A wanderer and a roamer.

Though i do wish my female imperial agent and Kaliyo had done something, I mean seriously how is she not bi- at the least. Im sure she would be kind of freaky.

Corso and Quinn are the most annoyingly whiny companions. Always tell clanmates to ditch them if we are going in a party smaller than 4. They whine like little kids about everything. Don't know why people like the romance with them, when they should be pining after a real man, like the wookie.

Sleeping with Jaesa while married to vette seems interesting, just boring to play sith warrior, as only thing fun is the story.

Supervillainess
01.13.2012 , 12:39 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Edrawr View Post
Does anyone know if there are any screenshots of Doc's customizations anywhere? I've looked and can't find any. Probably because the game is so new still.

Hoping patch 2.0 comes soon (I'm hoping that's when they add more companions and add same-gender relationships, anyway). :P
I've also been looking for pics of Doc's customization, as well as pics of Andronikus Revel's and Felix Iresso's customizations. I've found pics of cutomizations for all the others.

Also, Vette is adorable. I hope they add a same-sex romance option for her. Otherwise, I might have to play a male Sith Warrior. :S
Jedi Covenant
The Republic: Ciarwyn (Sage), Damselfly (Gunslinger)
The Empire:

Reil
01.13.2012 , 04:02 PM | #106
I'm a woman running a Male Marauder which puts Quinn out of reach, thankfully. The visual eye-candy and sexy voice is enough of a distraction as it is. Two guys, out doing the Imperial good deed, but one does sometimes feel a little flustered...

Thx BW for making a few hot toon options, the one I'm playing along with Quinn. About time someone catered to us ladies.

I haven't started a romance yet as none of the female companions appeal to me, though if I had to pick it would likely be Vette over Miss Dark and Hateful. Do I wait for the same gender option companions to be installed? Dunno. I'm wishy washy about that but glad they are providing it for those interested in all fairness. Glad they are not changing the existing companions as its more true to life that sometimes you hold a secret crush for someone who doesn't or can't return the sentiment. It just adds to the tension I think hehe.

I guess I will stick tight to Quinn's side for now and be grateful he's too wrapped up in the Empire to notice what I really think. :P

LyriaFrost
01.13.2012 , 06:18 PM | #107
My only real question would be, if/when they add these same-sex romance options, what happens if you're already in a romantic entanglement with another companion? Can you ditch them for the new one?

If not, I'm afraid to explore the stories of the "romanceable" characters very much.

Jasuk
01.13.2012 , 06:22 PM | #108
Haven't experienced them all, but Akaavi for the Smuggler takes the cake so far in my book.

Strong Mandalorian woman with some of the better lore related dialogue in the game.

I've tried Mako's, didn't like it. Took too long to build up and then felt rushed at the end.

Jaesa's was just funny.
50 Scoundrel - 38 Guardian - 33 Commando - 19 Shadow
50 Powertech - 42 Sorcerer - 20 Sniper - 1 Marauder
RIP - 50 Scoundrel - 50 Juggernaut - Beta Wiped

Heimskringla
01.14.2012 , 07:29 AM | #109
Hm.

It's a tossup. Kira was good on my beta JK when it worked. I also enjoyed Jaesa for the completely crazy "Go Evil" trainwreck that is was.

Ashara has been my least favorite.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

Meira_Arirai
01.15.2012 , 10:59 PM | #110
As a female Knight, I'm really enjoying the fact that my romance option does not look at a woman who spent the first several minutes after they met cuisinart-ing through colicoids and collapsing cave walls with her mind, and say "Obviously, what you need is a MAN to protect you and make you feel safe!" Doc is motivated by a desire to be a hero, but he leaves the *physical* heroism to my Knight. That's an unusual state of affairs, and I like it.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I had an embarassingly huge crush on KotOR's Carth Onasi, but his chronic white-knight syndrome, especially as directed toward one of the most powerful Jedi in history, was more of a bug than a feature in a lot of ways.
Cymae Masani | Jedi Sentinel | Jedi Covenant
Mellivora Masani | Sith Sorcerer | Jedi Covenant
More early Star Wars geekery at KotOR/SWtOR