Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smuggler Scoundrel shotgun rarly used

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Smuggler Scoundrel shotgun rarly used

Zandraf
01.06.2012 , 09:36 PM | #1
Smuggler Scoundrel shotgun rarely used

I have just recently set up my Smuggler to a Scoundrel. I thought that he would use his shotgun a lot but the only time he uses it is to shoot people in the butt, lol. Other than doing a lot of damage in the first attack (not to say a really good way to clean out ones colin) It just seems a waist, I mean he has a great weapon but he can only use it in a sneak attack. I hope that they make it so he uses it in combat to. May be shoot it with the blaster like the gun slinger.

Also quick shot (Scoundrel) is limited to only 10 meters? It is hard to get the range with that and not be jumped. Im hoping that it will be set to 30 like most other weapons.

I think that the heals are good though, when you got your first companion with you drawing damage. The gun slinger on the other hand has no way to heal him in a fight. So I like that.

Anyway's I am hoping that they will put in more action using a shotgun in the future.

Fangojet
01.06.2012 , 10:27 PM | #2
The scoundrel is meant to get up close in melee range with enemies. Back blast, quick shot, pitol whip, thermal grenade, and dirty kick are meant to be used in melee range. Dont be afraid to get out of cover, stealth in, and kick someones butt.

CharagonIGN
01.07.2012 , 02:21 AM | #3
Yeah, don't let the blaster fool you. Scoundrel is basically a melee class.

GarinH
01.07.2012 , 03:06 AM | #4
the scattergun is burst damage, while Using a tanking companion (bowdaar cause he is also melee) I use my scattergun nearly every time it is off cool down.
And If bowdaar doesn't have their attention then a kick to the groin or a flash grenade will give me enough time to get behind and BLAM!
-- --- - --- --- -

Drink Beer, Eat Pie, Kick enemies in the crotch.
A Smugglers life is Shiny

Bobbyrab
01.07.2012 , 08:54 AM | #5
I think the idea is that the scattergun is used to produce a quick result; it's one tool in the smuggler's tool set and not even the primary one, as he/she relies more on sneaky subtlety. If a smuggler were using the scattergun like a trooper uses his rifle or Jedi uses his lightsaber, he/she wouldn't be a very good smuggler.

Aurinax
01.07.2012 , 10:32 AM | #6
Your hardest hitting abilities post-36 are from the Scattergun. Please get a class to 50 before judging its design and viability.

Saviorofcamelot
01.07.2012 , 11:15 AM | #7
I'm a healer and I use the scattergun in almost every fight. There are several abilities that you get later that will use the scattergun but when I use Corse to tank I let him Harpoon and I step a few feet forward and then I can blast away with my scattergun without even really moving... It's really the best thing Corso and his Harpoon bring you... Easy shotgun hits!

I also use quick shot a ton too when I have spare energy. 1 or 2 quick shots followed by a back blast, toss on a couple new HoT's and repeat.

Civilix
01.07.2012 , 01:31 PM | #8
talking about the quick shot, is this ability suppose to use the shotgun?

Saviorofcamelot
01.07.2012 , 02:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
talking about the quick shot, is this ability suppose to use the shotgun?
I doubt it because Gunslingers have the same ability but they don't have a shotgun. I think it would be a lot cooler if we did use our shotgun for it though.

OniGanon
01.07.2012 , 03:12 PM | #10
It already has the sound for it.