Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

~Jaesa Romance~

Kaarrn
12.15.2011 , 02:27 AM | #21
I'm confused...

When you get Jaesa she is a Jedi...if you keep her LS then you tell her to keep her Jedi ways. In doing so this would keep her from wanting to form a romantic connection in fear of the dark side.

Seems to me that you are arguing against the natural progression of that character's story.

DarthGile
12.15.2011 , 02:36 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaarrn View Post
I'm confused...

When you get Jaesa she is a Jedi...if you keep her LS then you tell her to keep her Jedi ways. In doing so this would keep her from wanting to form a romantic connection in fear of the dark side.

Seems to me that you are arguing against the natural progression of that character's story.
We tell her to join us, because the Jedi are corrupt (hence Nomen Karr going crazy before her eyes). Why would she remain loyal to an already proven corrupt tradition? She wants to learn everything I have to teach. If I told her that kissing me would increase her clarity, would she deny me? Oh wait.. I don't have the option to do that... at all.

When Jaesa begs me to be her mentor, she is begging to become an apprentice to a Sith. You can't get anymore technical than that. Romance, as told by the Jedi, lead to the Dark Side. If my character, a Light Sith, told her otherwise.. who is she going to believe?

Kikkelipoika
12.15.2011 , 05:07 AM | #23
The whole thing is about influencing and changing your companions through interaction; it would be really interesting character development to convince her to forsake the Jedi teachings but not the light. If I could do that I might even be compelled to roll a Light sided Sith Warrior.

EDIT: oh, and it would be even more interesting if you could let her stay light sided as a Dark Side Sith, then slowly convincing her to accept the darkness in you without making her forsake the path of the light.

Spoonuser
12.15.2011 , 05:35 AM | #24
Very disappointed she is not romanceable on Light Sided SWs. Too late to go back and become dark side..... -_-
<SeriousTier>
US West|Hardcore|PvPServer|PvE Raid/PvP|Social

DarthGile
12.15.2011 , 09:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoonuser View Post
Very disappointed she is not romanceable on Light Sided SWs. Too late to go back and become dark side..... -_-
This is what I warned Bioware during my whole time in beta. People making threads or posts stating that they're light Sith Warriors, and that they've already received light Jaesa in hopes of getting "closer" with her, to later find out she's unromanceable.

SoulFires
12.15.2011 , 09:44 AM | #26
Could not Agree anymore with you than i do now, and i will say very well put.

BioWare games are all about picking your path, even with this MMO they need to keep that Core part in the game at all times, the story is one of the points to why i love this game so much, and not haveing that Choice to Romance her when you can do so with other Jedi-Romances is just a kick to the game in a lot of ways, and i for one would be happy to see them change this fact (If its not to late to do such a thing)

I See not point to why BioWare would not allow us to pick our own path and teach her that Love only leads the blind to the darkside, and the strong can controll such feelings and use them to better themselfs in the Light.

It makes for a very good Story no matter what way you put yourself, and with this Choice i plan on makeing a Light-Side Sith on all Accounts, just Alone for the Fresh Story and other aspects.

So plz BioWare if its not to late when im Posting this, Listen to this Forum and do the right thing here, it would be a big blow to my Light-Side Sith Story without the Chance to follow the Path that i Truely wish to Follow, Because thats what i have always loved about BioWare games, The fact that its my story and i pick the path i take.

(Not sure if its to late to change or if they have changed it as it is, but i hope they do/have) I Will still Roll Light-Side Sith because i want to play the Story, but i will be Unhappy that i have been Limited to Moveing from the path i wished to take.

Ethern
12.15.2011 , 09:53 AM | #27
I see no real obstacle to prevent a light Jaesa to be romance-able. I support this plea.
Level 50 SW Marauder Rage PvE - Unsuscribed - lack of: X server LFD - appearance customization - +Travel between planets has too much steps - Stupid crystals restrictions based on alignment.
I'll be back for chapter IV.

Lawnknome
12.15.2011 , 10:00 AM | #28
I tried finding a thread on it. How and When do you get Jaesa? I am on Balmorra right now at lvl 21.
Raiki - Sith Juggernaught

The Crimson Guard - Shii-Cho Server

Fhaze
12.15.2011 , 03:30 PM | #29
While I have no plans/desire to romance her as a Light Side warrior, I am all for anything that gives the player more options within the story (within reason). I mean, I can romance Vette as a Dark Side. The Light Siders should be able to romance Jaesa.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as a turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels. Makes her a home. - Mal Reynolds

BOYTYPE
12.15.2011 , 04:14 PM | #30
Development time and money spent on this certainly does effect those of us with Dark Side SWs. That means that much less attention, time, and resources that are being spent on other aspects of our class/story.

There is a wonderful class/story combo that you might find more suits your play style and desired story. its Jedi Knight. You should check it out. I hear its very warm and fuzzy.