Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Visions and Visionaries

Kogarvandalin
01.08.2012 , 04:07 AM | #11
I soloed the quest first time. I used all my CDs including the 20min one. You have to use your interrupts, stuns, knock backs, knock downs and what not to interrupt the casting.

I think the real problem is that tanks use almost all their different buttons leveling up i use 21 key bindings. And dps usually only use 5-7 key bindings. So tanks are used to pushing buttons for situations while dps not so much. It's muscle memory and memory of oh yeah I have x ability. Like a Godly self heal that resets my stun cd.

I was a tank assassin and used ashara as my companion.

And as far as World PvP goes, I've only died by being knocked off a huge ledge. With as much survivability we have plus a vanish its hard for them to kill you. If you're gonna die vanish and come back when you got the jump.

Thoth-Amon
01.08.2012 , 04:37 AM | #12
Guess what! You get to do it all over again in the follow on ritual nightmare quest. These quests are hard. I did it at 45 and the elite bosses are 47 and it was painful but challenging. I would highly suggest if you solo these quests solo them at >= to 47.

Corvane
01.08.2012 , 08:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon View Post
Guess what! You get to do it all over again in the follow on ritual nightmare quest. These quests are hard. I did it at 45 and the elite bosses are 47 and it was painful but challenging. I would highly suggest if you solo these quests solo them at >= to 47.
Agreed. That line of quests are pretty insane. I only managed to complete them at lvl 45 after I asked several 50's in my guild to help me.

zgood
01.08.2012 , 11:38 AM | #14
This one is hard. I got stuck on Darth Thanaton and it took me awhile to figure out a good strat but I finally got it. The room he is standing in has like a rock pillar in it. Use that to your advantage and LOS him whenever he begins to cast. Use all your interupts and stuns whenever possible then LOS him until you can interupt and stun again. Pretty much just dance around the pillar doing dmg whenever possible.

Solo'd at lvl 43 Deception PVE DPS Spec with Talos healing.

Kynesis
01.10.2012 , 06:08 AM | #15
Even at level 47 Thanaton absolutely smashes me without breaking a sweat - and I'm a reasonably well geared & experienced tank.
(Yes, I do everything mentioned, though I'm going to try again & really focus on LoS).

Kynesis
01.10.2012 , 06:27 AM | #16
Nup... magic attacks simply ignore my armour and my dps isn't in the ballpark.
I get him to about 30% chiefly with Shock (for running around LoS) but a couple of knockbacks clear him to cast & it's over.

Kyhren
01.10.2012 , 07:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by zgood View Post
This one is hard. I got stuck on Darth Thanaton and it took me awhile to figure out a good strat but I finally got it. The room he is standing in has like a rock pillar in it. Use that to your advantage and LOS him whenever he begins to cast. Use all your interupts and stuns whenever possible then LOS him until you can interupt and stun again. Pretty much just dance around the pillar doing dmg whenever possible.
I died to Thanaton once, then used this tactic and beat him pretty easily.

lvl43 sorcerer chainlightining/madness spec.
The Karias Legacy - The Red Eclipse
Vendetta - Sphynx - Sorcerer

LordCurzon
01.25.2012 , 09:11 PM | #18
I am stuck on Zash and cannot seem to defeat her as a level 44 sorcerer with madness and lightning specs. Is it possible to bring a party into the dream?

jgbrent
01.26.2012 , 12:34 AM | #19
With my Darkness Assassin, I really battled with Zash, and got a friend to help me. Once I got Talos, I absolutely PWND every major battle (Dream sequence, Thanaton, et al), it's just OP.

Rolling a Madness/Lightning Sorc on a different server now, as the last one was dead, and am approaching the Zash fight with great trepidation. This time at least, I am leveling with Khem, so he won't be under-geared -_-

swtorwounder
01.29.2012 , 04:25 PM | #20
So don't get too frustrated. It's really hard.
This was the hardest quest I have found so far in the game.

I have great all orange gear, had all four class buffs, a stim, and used med kits. And even still didn't get it done until forth try. It's doable but VERY VERY hard and expensive. You need a good bit of luck as well as learning the strategies of each step in what is essentially a 3 boss in a row epic battle.

Death sends you way back which is a bummer. Also watch out because respawns at against Thanaton can stick you with 2 silver dream monsters and gold elite plus a normal dream monster. You can pull them apart abut it's tedious.

Anyone who brags about this quest is probably full of it. It is possible to win it at 44 but not easily or without some serious luck (Thanaton has a 5k+ damage spell, but depending on when he uses it...). I doubt anyone gets it on their first try. I expect this quest to get nerfed at some point.

That said if anyone does do well on this one, I would like too hear HOW they did it and not empty bragging crap. Maybe some trick we are all missing.