Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Crewskills mobile app ?


DarrkLore's Avatar


DarrkLore
01.06.2012 , 08:38 AM | #11
It's a nice idea, but I bet most people who play this game don't have an iPhone or an Android so it would put them at a serious disadvantage.
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

HogtownDaddy's Avatar


HogtownDaddy
01.06.2012 , 08:41 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Gformutorila View Post
I doubt they are really all that usefull. I have a sneaky suspision that they are popular because the marketing people say you need one and not because they are really all that usefull. But that is an other discussion.

But try and convince me that a smartphone would be usefull. To be honest I would like one. No apple ofcourse but a Samsung or HTC. But the price is stopping me. My heart says buy one, everyone has one and so you need one as well. But my mind says why would I need one. I never have used by phone for anything but for calling and texting people. I have never ever even used the camera that is on my phone.
The experience of getting your first smartphone is comparable to the first mobile phone you got. Before you have one, you think, "I don't need that." Before everybody had a mobile, they said, "well I have my landline that can do everything a mobile can do so why do I need that?" Then they got a mobile and the freedom to be able to call anybody from almost anywhere was a luxury that people really liked. Kind of like now with a smartphone, people say, "well everything I can do on a smartphone can be covered by either my cell phone (calls, texts) or my computer (email, games, etc.). A smartphone is another type of those luxuries that once you experience the freedom of the mobility it gives you (not always having to be around your computer to have access to email, game apps, other useful apps for facebook, twitter, etc.), you will start to question how you got along without it. That is my best attempt at convincing you - that you basically just don't understand what you are missing, just like before you got your first mobile phone you didn't realize what you were missing then either. So, if you get one be prepared to never turn back, just like you can never give up your mobile phone now. There is a reason that Blackberry's, the first widely used smartphone, was nicknamed "Crackberry". Just don't get a Blackberry, they are going out of business soon unless they change their corporate structure quickly.

HogtownDaddy's Avatar


HogtownDaddy
01.06.2012 , 08:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarrkLore View Post
It's a nice idea, but I bet most people who play this game don't have an iPhone or an Android so it would put them at a serious disadvantage.
So lets hold people that do have those devices back because everybody else doesn't have it? No Child Left Behind!

DavieDe's Avatar


DavieDe
01.06.2012 , 08:45 AM | #14
I like the idea but you should also be able to do crew skills from swtor.com which would be handy though to make up for not being in game mite be worth making the mission last longer to not give a big advantage to thoese who have more time on the net
a Dwarf stole my "I like the game and thats all that matters" sign

Sunsoar's Avatar


Sunsoar
01.06.2012 , 08:47 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by yangushii View Post
Wouldn't it be great to have an iOS / Android app to manage your crew while on the move?
No it wouldn't.
Without me, it's just aweso.
i7 950 @ 4.0ghz, ASUS X58 Saber mobo, 12gb RAM@1866mhz, 6970 LIGHTNING, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, BWU Keyboard, Razer Mamba, PC350s, XFX XXX 750w PSU.
This game desperately needs some sandbox elements. Repetitive grinding is not fun.

Festeezio's Avatar


Festeezio
01.06.2012 , 08:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarrkLore View Post
It's a nice idea, but I bet most people who play this game don't have an iPhone or an Android so it would put them at a serious disadvantage.
Based on the computer requirements for this game to be playable, I would believe the exact opposite to be true. It's like driving a Maserati to go clothes shopping at Walmart.

HogtownDaddy's Avatar


HogtownDaddy
01.06.2012 , 09:13 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Festeezio View Post
Based on the computer requirements for this game to be playable, I would believe the exact opposite to be true. It's like driving a Maserati to go clothes shopping at Walmart.
At first glance I would tend to agree with you. Smart phones are currently around 30% of the mobile phone market and a huge chunk of that includes basically two groups - techies and people that have them for work. Not sure what the dynamic is there, but I would assume most (50-60%ish) people have them for work. Now part of that group would also fall under the techie title too. Gamers for the most part are considered techies, especially gamers that play on PC's. If I had to throw a percentage out there of MMO players that had smartphones I would probably land between 60-70% and think that is a conservative guess.

One thing that really influences my guess is that WoW had a subscription based app that they wouldn't have produced if they didn't think they would make money with. So surely they had to assume that enough people would use it and subscribe to it to make it worth their while to create it. My 2 cents though.

Gformutorila's Avatar


Gformutorila
01.08.2012 , 03:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by HogtownDaddy View Post
At first glance I would tend to agree with you. Smart phones are currently around 30% of the mobile phone market and a huge chunk of that includes basically two groups - techies and people that have them for work. Not sure what the dynamic is there, but I would assume most (50-60%ish) people have them for work. Now part of that group would also fall under the techie title too. Gamers for the most part are considered techies, especially gamers that play on PC's. If I had to throw a percentage out there of MMO players that had smartphones I would probably land between 60-70% and think that is a conservative guess.

One thing that really influences my guess is that WoW had a subscription based app that they wouldn't have produced if they didn't think they would make money with. So surely they had to assume that enough people would use it and subscribe to it to make it worth their while to create it. My 2 cents though.
I think it will be about 40% of the gamers that have a smartphone.
Doomsters are not kvlt, tr00, gr1m or pretentious.
Life is a sexually transmitted disease
Any song shorter than 8 minutes is an 'Intro'.

Srolo's Avatar


Srolo
01.08.2012 , 03:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gformutorila View Post
I think it will be about 40% of the gamers that have a smartphone.
There is not a single person in my guild without a smartphone. 20+ people...

On topic, I think it's a good idea.
Mecrosa Order Elite
Arc/Srolo

"We check for your mouse droid at the door!"

Gformutorila's Avatar


Gformutorila
01.08.2012 , 03:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Srolo View Post
There is not a single person in my guild without a smartphone. 20+ people...

On topic, I think it's a good idea.
None of my best friends have smartphone some of them even are IT/Programmers professionals. Even they consider smartphone not all that usefull.
Doomsters are not kvlt, tr00, gr1m or pretentious.
Life is a sexually transmitted disease
Any song shorter than 8 minutes is an 'Intro'.