Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crewskills mobile app ?

yangushii
01.06.2012 , 05:50 AM | #1
Wouldn't it be great to have an iOS / Android app to manage your crew while on the move?

Solitas
01.06.2012 , 06:04 AM | #2
I was thinking this just the other day as well. Like to make the most of my companions time, I probably won't mind when the crew skills take longer than 10mins haha
Mind you it does bug me that I can queue craft jobs but not gathering and mission jobs =/

Gformutorila
01.06.2012 , 06:20 AM | #3
Please no aps. I don't need a game to force me into buying a smartphone.
Doomsters are not kvlt, tr00, gr1m or pretentious.
Life is a sexually transmitted disease
Any song shorter than 8 minutes is an 'Intro'.

Shadowhand
01.06.2012 , 06:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by yangushii View Post
Wouldn't it be great to have an iOS / Android app to manage your crew while on the move?
Or a FACEBOOK game, - Gotta be more fun and useful than Farmville :P

Maggok
01.06.2012 , 06:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by yangushii View Post

Pretty sure this is already in development. The security key app is set up with a "select an application" header, meaning more options are coming. I'd be willing to bet that a crew skill app is among them.

TonyDonovan
01.06.2012 , 06:34 AM | #6
interesting idea would be nice but unnecessary

Wraithstrike
01.06.2012 , 06:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gformutorila View Post
Please no aps. I don't need a game to force me into buying a smartphone.
There are people who don't have one?

Gformutorila
01.06.2012 , 06:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraithstrike View Post
There are people who don't have one?
Not willing to spend 40 or more a month on a mobile phone subscription. If I want to pay less I have to pay for the phone which is also not cheap. At the moment I pay about 7.50 a month for my mobile subscription.

Wraithstrike
01.06.2012 , 07:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Gformutorila View Post
Not willing to spend 40 or more a month on a mobile phone subscription. If I want to pay less I have to pay for the phone which is also not cheap. At the moment I pay about 7.50 a month for my mobile subscription.
You don't have to. There are plenty of SIMlock free, high quality and affordable (<100) smart phones out there, if you don't insist on getting one of the newest generation. Low-cost subscriptions plus internet flatrate for mobile phones cost about 10-15 a month where I live, depending on usage.

Don't let AT&T and T-Mobile scare you away from a piece of useful technology.

Gformutorila
01.06.2012 , 08:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraithstrike View Post
You don't have to. There are plenty of SIMlock free, high quality and affordable (<100) smart phones out there, if you don't insist on getting one of the newest generation. Low-cost subscriptions plus internet flatrate for mobile phones cost about 10-15 a month where I live, depending on usage.

Don't let AT&T and T-Mobile scare you away from a piece of useful technology.
I doubt they are really all that usefull. I have a sneaky suspision that they are popular because the marketing people say you need one and not because they are really all that usefull. But that is an other discussion.

But try and convince me that a smartphone would be usefull. To be honest I would like one. No apple ofcourse but a Samsung or HTC. But the price is stopping me. My heart says buy one, everyone has one and so you need one as well. But my mind says why would I need one. I never have used by phone for anything but for calling and texting people. I have never ever even used the camera that is on my phone.