Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Stories timeline?

AlexDougherty
03.30.2013 , 04:07 AM | #11
Given the condition of the planet Taris for both factions all imperial stories have to take place first. The Imperial base is on an island in the middle of a toxic lake, in the Republic taris, that lake is empty. To me that means the Republic must find the base after all the imperial stories have finished and blown it out of existance.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

TalonVII
03.30.2013 , 07:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Given the condition of the planet Taris for both factions all imperial stories have to take place first. The Imperial base is on an island in the middle of a toxic lake, in the Republic taris, that lake is empty. To me that means the Republic must find the base after all the imperial stories have finished and blown it out of existance.
Incorrect. The empire drives the republic OFF taris, just like the republic drives the the empire off Balmorra.

Cause remember Republic does Taris first then balmorra, and vice versa with the Empire.

Meaning by the end, Empire well 'controls' taris, meaning they stopped the republic from rebuilding taris for now, but the Empire was forced out of Balmorra.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

jovianus
03.30.2013 , 10:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Incorrect. The empire drives the republic OFF taris, just like the republic drives the the empire off Balmorra.

Cause remember Republic does Taris first then balmorra, and vice versa with the Empire.

Meaning by the end, Empire well 'controls' taris, meaning they stopped the republic from rebuilding taris for now, but the Empire was forced out of Balmorra.
The Balmorra issue is even more clear cut.:

Spoiler

stormdrakelord
03.31.2013 , 03:43 AM | #14
It is really just a matter of when the planet storylines for each side happens. Like with republic Balmorra and Imperial Taris, the happen after the other sides quests. Class stories themselves we never hear a thing about certain stories so the class stories themselves could happen around the same time. Sith Warrior's story ending could happen right before the end of the inquisitor story and the Jedi Knight's ending could happen right after, say, the consular story.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

BenKatarn
03.31.2013 , 01:50 PM | #15
Let's see what we got thus far:

- Trooper is the first to class to finish Act 2 / start Act 3 because General Rakton formally declares war against the Republic in the aftermath of the Gauntlet mission. All Act 3 beginning quests establish that the galaxy is at war again.

- The Voidwolf mentions during the raid on the King's Ransom at the end of Act 2 of the Smuggler story that the Empire "just declared war on the Republic and all its representatives", so one might assume that the Act 2 finale of the Smuggler takes place very close to the Act 2 finale of the Trooper.

- Jedi Knight is supposedly gone quite a while inbetween Acts 2 and 3, as the galaxy is already at war by the time the Knight returns to Tython.

- Bounty Hunter ending takes place before any Republic class endings, as it deals with Supreme Chancellor Danarius being removed from office.

- Imperial Agent ending presumably takes place before the endings of the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor as the power plays of Baras, Vowrawn and Thanaton are mentioned to be going on when going through Corellia.

- Trooper ending takes place before all other Republic class endings because it introduces Saresh as new Supreme Chancellor.

- Sith Warrior ending takes place before Sith Inquisitor ending as Darth Thanaton is present during the confrontation with Baras. This means that the Inquisitor ending is to be placed shortly after the Jedi Knight ending.

- Jedi Knight ending takes place roughly around the same time as the Sith Warrior ending due to the mail from Servant one implying that the Jedi attacked Dromund Kaas while the Wrath was dealing with Baras. It's place in the Republic timeline is unclear as it is, ironically, the only Republic ending to not feature Saresh.

- Jedi Consular and Smuggler endings take place after Trooper ending because again, Saresh is Chancellor.

- Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor endings take place before the end of the Republic's Corellia planetary quest series, as during both Dark Council sessions, Darths Decimus, Hadra and Achraron are present via holo. Those three are all killed in the process of the liberation of Corellia by Republic players.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Darth_Wicked
03.31.2013 , 10:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Let's see what we got thus far:

- Trooper is the first to class to finish Act 2 / start Act 3 because General Rakton formally declares war against the Republic in the aftermath of the Gauntlet mission. All Act 3 beginning quests establish that the galaxy is at war again.

- The Voidwolf mentions during the raid on the King's Ransom at the end of Act 2 of the Smuggler story that the Empire "just declared war on the Republic and all its representatives", so one might assume that the Act 2 finale of the Smuggler takes place very close to the Act 2 finale of the Trooper.

- Jedi Knight is supposedly gone quite a while inbetween Acts 2 and 3, as the galaxy is already at war by the time the Knight returns to Tython.

- Bounty Hunter ending takes place before any Republic class endings, as it deals with Supreme Chancellor Danarius being removed from office.

- Imperial Agent ending presumably takes place before the endings of the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor as the power plays of Baras, Vowrawn and Thanaton are mentioned to be going on when going through Corellia.

- Trooper ending takes place before all other Republic class endings because it introduces Saresh as new Supreme Chancellor.

- Sith Warrior ending takes place before Sith Inquisitor ending as Darth Thanaton is present during the confrontation with Baras. This means that the Inquisitor ending is to be placed shortly after the Jedi Knight ending.

- Jedi Knight ending takes place roughly around the same time as the Sith Warrior ending due to the mail from Servant one implying that the Jedi attacked Dromund Kaas while the Wrath was dealing with Baras. It's place in the Republic timeline is unclear as it is, ironically, the only Republic ending to not feature Saresh.

- Jedi Consular and Smuggler endings take place after Trooper ending because again, Saresh is Chancellor.

- Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor endings take place before the end of the Republic's Corellia planetary quest series, as during both Dark Council sessions, Darths Decimus, Hadra and Achraron are present via holo. Those three are all killed in the process of the liberation of Corellia by Republic players.
/thread

- - - -

Pretty good, mate.

DarthGile
04.01.2013 , 01:24 PM | #17
Hmm...

Spoiler

FuryoftheStars
04.01.2013 , 01:55 PM | #18
My theory? There is no time line. They just made a bunch of stuff up, had it cross over with parts, then slapped it together. I'm sure they went through and tried to do a little bit of cleaning up, so there weren't glaring contradictions, but....
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

Merras
04.01.2013 , 07:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryoftheStars View Post
My theory? There is no time line. They just made a bunch of stuff up, had it cross over with parts, then slapped it together. I'm sure they went through and tried to do a little bit of cleaning up, so there weren't glaring contradictions, but....
You probably right. Too many class stories from too many writers -> leads inconsistency.

ellenbec
04.02.2013 , 01:28 PM | #20
There is also a sign in the JK companion story for Doc

Spoiler

This here would place the start of the IA story after the JK one since you acquire Doc on Balmorra.
Khuri-PT

Gault: "I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you are not, in fact, a hovertank - no matter how much you dress like one."