Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Electro Staff - Bugged ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Electro Staff - Bugged ?

Greyfield
01.25.2012 , 05:31 PM | #21
Bump for great justice. Please fix this Bioware, allow Shadows/Assassins to use all their abilities with Electrostaves. My thoughts are that this must be a bug because 1) we have the proficiency, 2) similar weapons can be used by Knights/Warriors to full effect, and 3) limiting the Armscrafting melee weapon market to only companions seems too shortsighted.

I personally don't care for the lightsabers myself.

bobmcbo
01.25.2012 , 08:58 PM | #22
yes, electrostaves are for a companion agents get on alderaan, I don't think assassins were meant to actually use them
.never forget

Audigy
01.29.2012 , 12:45 AM | #23
How the hell is this still not fixed?

Nasagi
01.29.2012 , 12:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by bobmcbo View Post
yes, electrostaves are for a companion agents get on alderaan, I don't think assassins were meant to actually use them
If assassins or their counterpart, the shadow, were not meant to use them. Then why would have Bioware given us the ability to use them and let their primary stat on every electrostaff I've ever seen be willpower.
Now techblades and techstaves I can understand, those are for companions, but this should be ours!

Kaalinn
01.29.2012 , 12:16 PM | #25
FYI No agent companion uses electrostaves. Vector uses Techblades, SCORPIO uses Techstaves. Xalek, the Inquisitor Companion, and Kira, the Knight Companion, use Electrostaves (as their abilities aren't limited to lightsaber type. Kira does fine with a single-bladed one aswell, etc.)

Presumably BW wants to force Assassin to use double-bladed lightsabers as opposed to single-blade once for identifiability... Except the current flag also excludes the electrostaves from being used for any of the abilities.

YarnMan
02.05.2012 , 04:45 PM | #26
Withdrawn. You win. I loose.
Quote:
I'm kinda surprised that none of you have mentioned this, but you didn't start as Assassins and Shadows. You stated as Consulars and Inquisitors. You got the ability to use electrostaves at level 1. The other half of your core class, the Sorcerer and Sage, can use these fine for all of their abilities.
My sentinel uses vibroblades, and yes, they work for all my attacks. But this is to be expected as vibroblades are another option for strength based single edged lightsabers.
My shadow can't use electrostaves for any shadow only ability. I find this sad, but understandable, as it is an option for a single ended willpower based lightsabers.
Basically, your complaint should be, "Why do Doublebladed Lightsabers not have an alternative like singlebladed ones?" Of course, you aren't alone in this. Blaster pistols, blaster rifles, sniper rifles, assault cannons, vibroknives, and techblades also have no other weapon that fills their slot. So maybe when you take up the banner for the neglected and forgotten non-wizard-laser-swords, I could take you a little more seriously.
In the mean time, let the sages and sorcerers have the hard mod electrostaves. Don't just swipe items without realizing what you're doing.
Noting my own massive fail to remember what gear I have on who, I agree, BioWare dropped the ball here.

Randomness
02.05.2012 , 05:45 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by YarnMan View Post
I'm kinda surprised that none of you have mentioned this, but you didn't start as Assassins and Shadows. You stated as Consulars and Inquisitors. You got the ability to use electrostaves at level 1. The other half of your core class, the Sorcerer and Sage, can use these fine for all of their abilities.
My sentinel uses vibroblades, and yes, they work for all my attacks. But this is to be expected as vibroblades are another option for strength based single edged lightsabers.
My shadow can't use electrostaves for any shadow only ability. I find this sad, but understandable, as it is an option for a single ended willpower based lightsabers.
Basically, your complaint should be, "Why do Doublebladed Lightsabers not have an alternative like singlebladed ones?" Of course, you aren't alone in this. Blaster pistols, blaster rifles, sniper rifles, assault cannons, vibroknives, and techblades also have no other weapon that fills their slot. So maybe when you take up the banner for the neglected and forgotten non-wizard-laser-swords, I could take you a little more seriously.
In the mean time, let the sages and sorcerers have the hard mod electrostaves. Don't just swipe items without realizing what you're doing.
Bzzt wrong. Weapons Proficiency: Electrostaves is given on class change to Assassin/Shadow, and shows up in that tab. Are you perhaps thinking of training sabers or vibroswords?

Sylriana
02.05.2012 , 06:10 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by YarnMan View Post

Except.... Consulars/Inquisitors and Sages/Sorcerers cannot use Electrostaves.

Being an Inquisitor gives you weapons training for Lightsabers and its equivalents, the Vibrosword and Training Saber.

You get Electrostaff training when you become an assassin, along with double bladed saber training. Combined with the fact that electrostaves share animations with double bladed sabers and that for other lightsaber using classes, the non-saber equivalent counts toward lightsaber required skills.. it's easy to see why this is perceived as a bug/oversight rather than intentional design.

YarnMan
02.06.2012 , 02:11 AM | #29
Yup... You're right, I'm wrong. Owned.

Nasagi
02.09.2012 , 02:54 AM | #30
I really freaking wish Bioware would at least acknowledge this