Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightside sith warrior

Aloharover
12.14.2011 , 02:37 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathforged View Post
I also highly dislike Vette.
thankfully we have a shock collar :evil:

Arinia
12.14.2011 , 02:50 PM | #12
Quote:
Do you know the title for light sided warrior?
Jedi Wannabe?

CaptainMax
12.14.2011 , 03:09 PM | #13
EU lore aside...

Classic "Star Wars" depictions of the Light and Dark sides have been in context of a single culture... Or more specifically, a large government (Republic then Empire) and a dissenting internal faction (Seperatists then Rebel Alliance).

However, in SWtOR, we have a Sith Empire and Jedi-backed Republic as differing concurrent entities. Birth to death for the average non-Force-using citizen in either group may not involve adherence to the Jedi or Sith codes, but they will be impacted by them in how their cultures have embraced (or been embraced) by their respective Force-user orders.

To put it another way: In context of role play, a Jedi at Dark 1 and a Sith at Dark 1 need not be seen as moral equivilents due to the leanings of the culture they were raised in.

Some examples: While it would be natural to see the crew of Serenity (of "Firefly") as the Smuggler class over in the Republic, let's look at them in context of the Sith Empire...
When Mal and the gang are outside of Alliance control, they live in a cut-throat world of dangerous opprotunists. Mal, himself, is a pragmatic killer... When the situation calls for it.
While his life would be easier if he put his morals aside, he is dedicated to a fair and honorable path dangerous crime ("If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed").
In context of the Republic, Mal might lean Dark, in context of the Empire he might lean Light... For the exact same lifestyle.

Bergor
12.14.2011 , 03:22 PM | #14
I was able to romance Vette as a Sith Warrior. I took dark choices till level 8. Once I got her, I did all things that pleased her, but not all were light side choices. (Remember she has a pirate mentality). I noticed there were some big bump light side choices i would've had to make to please her in some cases...but I didnt take them. So i was going for that character who is completely evil outside of one weakness...a girl (or Twi'lek in this case lol).

She was, however really pissed when I chose to bed that one Lord's wife (where double cross him for the wife and kill him, then the wife is going to have the kid take his place and wear his mask....dont remember what that was called but Vette was peeved, lol.l

Not sure how far I would've got with that as I only made it to 15.

Meharial
12.14.2011 , 03:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathforged View Post
Do you know the title for light sided warrior?
Darth Occulus.

CaptainMax
12.14.2011 , 04:57 PM | #16
While there is plenty canon (mostly EU) to call this theory into question, but here it is:

All this philosophy about light and dark reminds me of the whole "Chosen One" prophecy and Luke's eventual struggle with staying focused on stoically his training and running off passionately to save his freinds and later raging against the Emperor and Vader, but drawing back into calm control.

I wonder if George Lucas intended for Luke to be a manifestation of the balance Anniken was destined to bring: Love, passion, emotion without being "evil".

Meharial
12.14.2011 , 05:06 PM | #17
If only GL thought that far, as the EU is pretty clear in that all the human qualities he displayed were not good things. He should have completed his training, he shouldn't have confronted Vader in Bespin, he shouldn't have lost his temper, etc, etc. About the only balance acknowledged is that Luke had the common sense not to ban love from the New Jedi Order.