Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gathering only?

Ashnazg
12.13.2011 , 08:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGM View Post
It's called the Galactic Trade Network. As of Beta, it was only on the Capitol World (Coruscant/Dormund Kass), but it may have kiosks in other locations now.
Thats not really true. GTN kiosks were in other places too (at least on Alderaan that I can remember).

Kryptorchid
12.13.2011 , 08:20 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Koorah View Post
...Did any beta players do this and would you recommend it for someone who isn't a crafting fiend?
I did, and I found taking Scavenging (used for Armormech, Armstech, and Cybertech), Archaeology (Used for Synthweaving and Artifice) are the best 2 gathering skills to take since they are always in demand.

For your final skill you can take Slicing (Chance to find modifiable schematics which will sell for a ton, extra gold upfront, mats for rare Cybertech items) or Underworld Trading (Chance to find modifiable schematics which will sell for a ton, UWT Metals used in Armormech, and Cybertech, and UWT Fabrics used in Synthweaving).

HoldenThunk
12.13.2011 , 08:23 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
Thats not really true. GTN kiosks were in other places too (at least on Alderaan that I can remember).
They were, but were removed in a later build. Someone in EGA will have to update what the current status is.

Boissi
12.13.2011 , 08:25 AM | #14
You'll just miss many of the bop items the crafting skills provide. All of them have something great that is unique to only the crafter. But yes, I suppose you will be a far richer man by the time you reach level 50 than those who used their money and resources to craft stuff. Definitely go with slicing then.

Koorah
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #15
Thanks for the responses guys, I shall take this under consideration as I run home like a BAT OUT OF HELL TO START PLAYING!
In THIS universe Commandos carry the BFG | GET. OVER. IT.
British Havoc Squaddie - LET'S 'AVE IT!

Arentak
12.13.2011 , 09:25 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGM View Post
It's called the Galactic Trade Network. As of Beta, it was only on the Capitol World (Coruscant/Dormund Kass), but it may have kiosks in other locations now.
In Thanksgiving Weekend Beta, they had GTN stations on the fleet space stations too.

Pestwulf
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #17
I'm actually relying on people like you

I plan to take Slicing, Cybertech and Investigation. Looking to get some free cool items and extra mission content and schematics while saving up some cash to help fund my cybertech.

So I plan to be buying materials off of auction (provided of course that I can make enough money to do that).

Icebaron
12.13.2011 , 09:32 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Krabcakes View Post
I really don't care what it's called. 95% of the stuff in this game is analogous to WoW.
Seriously, I will continue to call it an Auction House. I will call Operations "Raids" and may even continue to call Flashpoints "Five Mans", though I may learn "four mans".

Silly name changes to make it seem different, but the lingo is already mmo culture.

ps...Avatars are still toons too.