Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gathering only?

Koorah
12.13.2011 , 07:42 AM | #1
I read that you can take three gathering/mission skills rather than take a crafting one.

Did any beta players do this and would you recommend it for someone who isn't a crafting fiend?

I did a lot of gathering in LotRO, selling it all at the AH, and was never really short of cash. Would kinda prefer to do that in SWTOR and feed all the crafters, but is it a viable route to take?
In THIS universe Commandos carry the BFG | GET. OVER. IT.
British Havoc Squaddie - LET'S 'AVE IT!

DarthGM
12.13.2011 , 07:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Koorah View Post
I read that you can take three gathering/mission skills rather than take a crafting one.

Did any beta players do this and would you recommend it for someone who isn't a crafting fiend?

I did a lot of gathering in LotRO, selling it all at the AH, and was never really short of cash. Would kinda prefer to do that in SWTOR and feed all the crafters, but is it a viable route to take?
Absoluetly true. You do not have to take a Crafting Skill. You're just limited to only being able to take one per character.

So get out there and start supporting us crafters!
The Order of 66 Master's Council member

Squadron 11-11-11

Obi-GYN-Kinobi
12.13.2011 , 07:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Koorah View Post

I did this with one toon in beta and kinda liked it. I figured that with all the money I would pile up, I could buy whatever I needed. Plus, I didn't have to go looking for materials needed to craft (like I would have on an other toon I made with a crafting skill if I had really cared (if it had not been beta)).

At the very least, later toons could have crafting skills, and then your first guy could keep them supplied. Also, this decision isn't set in stone, you can always drop a gathering skill later and pick up a crafting skill. The only down side would be not having a matching gathering skill to level at the same time.

Good luck!
Obi-GYN-Kinobi

Katnap
12.13.2011 , 07:48 AM | #4
Silly question, but is there a place to sell them? Like an auction house or something, or do you need to spam the channels to sell until you get a clientele?

Krabcakes
12.13.2011 , 07:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Katnap View Post
Silly question, but is there a place to sell them? Like an auction house or something, or do you need to spam the channels to sell until you get a clientele?

Yes, there is an auction house.

Urko
12.13.2011 , 07:54 AM | #6
errmmmm *cough* GTN ......

Galactic Trade Network

We shall have none of that WoW AH in this game

DarthGM
12.13.2011 , 07:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Katnap View Post
It's called the Galactic Trade Network. As of Beta, it was only on the Capitol World (Coruscant/Dormund Kass), but it may have kiosks in other locations now.
The Order of 66 Master's Council member

Squadron 11-11-11

Krabcakes
12.13.2011 , 07:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Urko View Post
errmmmm *cough* GTN ......

Galactic Trade Network

We shall have none of that WoW AH in this game
I really don't care what it's called. 95% of the stuff in this game is analogous to WoW.

Katnap
12.13.2011 , 07:59 AM | #9
Sorry. I didn't know until now what it was called. GTN it is. And WoW is not the only game with an auction house. I never played WoW.

Named
12.13.2011 , 08:11 AM | #10
if you are really after the money, I would pick slicing as one of your skills.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most