Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BEST class story line

Ranadiel_Marius
02.19.2013 , 05:48 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Ekoth View Post
To be quite honest I thought the JC storyline was pretty good. I think since people generally prefer 'direct involvement' over a 'behind the scenes' approach, which the Consular story is oriented by, is why most regard it as one of the worst stories. I feel the Consular finale has a larger, more positive impact on the overall war. Example.

Spoiler

When you put these 2 endings side by side, which one really seems be more beneficial to the Republic?

This isn't to put down the JKs story. I still believe it was good.
You forgot one of the benefits of the JK's ending.

Spoiler
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Caprindo
02.19.2013 , 09:51 AM | #62
I have played most of the Imperial classes to level 20 or above. I found that my Inquisitor and Warrior were very interesting, the Bounty Hunter was a bit of a Duke-nukem. (Its time to be a jerk and kick butt. rinse repeat) My Imperial Agent was just plain cool. He had some interesting light side/ darkside choices.

Ekoth
02.19.2013 , 05:37 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
You forgot one of the benefits of the JK's ending.

Spoiler

There is one arguable counter to that statement

Spoiler
Ekoth - Jedi Shadow - Alpha Company, 203rd
SWG Veteran: Release - 2007, Valcyn Server
Ekoth - Elder Jedi - Praetorian, Ubiqtorate
Ryyfro - Commando - Alpha Company, 203rd

Allronix
02.21.2013 , 03:15 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Ekoth View Post
To be quite honest I thought the JC storyline was pretty good. I think since people generally prefer 'direct involvement' over a 'behind the scenes' approach, which the Consular story is oriented by, is why most regard it as one of the worst stories. I feel the Consular finale has a larger, more positive impact on the overall war. Example.

Spoiler

When you put these 2 endings side by side, which one really seems be more beneficial to the Republic?

This isn't to put down the JKs story. I still believe it was good.
Not to mention the Consular's job; diplomacy. The Knight is likened to Obi-Wan or Luke. But the Consular's counterpart is Leia.

Spoiler
Alylia Terel of Guild Meridius, Bergen Colony
Meridius: Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

MrBorsh
02.21.2013 , 07:46 PM | #65
From what I've played and currently play as - I think Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior and Trooper have the best stories

jovianus
02.21.2013 , 09:35 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
But the Consular's counterpart is Leia.
I am now tempted to make a Consular modeled on Leia, cinnamon bun hairdo and all.

I might even make it through the Consular storyline this time, because the voice acting for the female Consular doesn't make me want to reach through my screen and punch the character every time they talk.

TalonVII
02.22.2013 , 12:18 PM | #67
Done 2 stories so far, trooper and IA.

Trooper well, felt like i was the posterboy for the republic, though i did get to go into the mud and blood of the enemy.

IA, felt like Ian Fleming couldn't of done it better. I really felt like i was working in the shadows against a kaleidoscope of enemies. And the fact I could pick my own destiny felt amazing instead of just being forced into the Trooper mold, just depending on if i was the poster boy of the republic or just a highly paid merc.

So far in the JK quest only in chapter 1 on Tatooine but, just feels so far like a re-hash of KOTOR and Phantom Menace all rolled into 1.

Played a bunch through the smuggler and I felt more like an errand boy than a smuggler.

Got through part of the BH, and feel somewhat like a bounty hunter though it's more i feel like a hit man instead of a bounty hunter.

All and all for what it is worth, IA story I felt like an agent, james bond like. So far, Agent has been the best, though i eventually want to do them all.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Kharnamatic
02.23.2013 , 09:02 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
So very much this. I actually find the story interesting, but I stopped playing my Consular because I despise the character. The Consular dialogue comes across far as less as 'wise counselor and teacher.' and far more as 'pompous ***'. And the voice acting doesn't help at all.
Um no. They got Nolan North, aka Nathan Drake, aka the greatest voice actor ever, to play the jedi consular, who's got the best storyline in the game.

SithKoriandr
02.23.2013 , 09:11 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Done 2 stories so far, trooper and IA.

Trooper well, felt like i was the posterboy for the republic, though i did get to go into the mud and blood of the enemy.

IA, felt like Ian Fleming couldn't of done it better. I really felt like i was working in the shadows against a kaleidoscope of enemies. And the fact I could pick my own destiny felt amazing instead of just being forced into the Trooper mold, just depending on if i was the poster boy of the republic or just a highly paid merc.

So far in the JK quest only in chapter 1 on Tatooine but, just feels so far like a re-hash of KOTOR and Phantom Menace all rolled into 1.

Played a bunch through the smuggler and I felt more like an errand boy than a smuggler.

Got through part of the BH, and feel somewhat like a bounty hunter though it's more i feel like a hit man instead of a bounty hunter.

All and all for what it is worth, IA story I felt like an agent, james bond like. So far, Agent has been the best, though i eventually want to do them all.
I think that's because they skipped over a lot of the contracts that go into taking a bounty. They get mentioned, but only a few scenes from what I saw, and there's much more hit man style dialogue.

Also doesn't help that the general quests feel about the same for everyone, which doesn't help the Bounty Hunter feeling at all. :/
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry