Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

? for ppl actually playing the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
? for ppl actually playing the game.

badwin
12.13.2011 , 11:59 PM | #1
How have the graphics improved since the last beta weekend?

I know they had some bad textures in place and was wondering how much the game has changed since last beta.

DanStarr
12.14.2011 , 02:01 AM | #2
I am not playing live yet; however, I can't imagine the graphics would be drastically different from the beta.
-Starr

Tintagel
12.14.2011 , 02:12 AM | #3
Personally, I haven't notice much difference tbh
The Last Alliance - Frostclaw EU server

Shlamorel
12.14.2011 , 02:48 AM | #4
The screenshots I've seen look phenomenal.

Are you comparing the graphics to a specific game? I only ask because it may be a difference in what we are comparing SWTOR's graphics to.

Frakthefriendly
12.14.2011 , 02:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Shlamorel View Post
The screenshots I've seen look phenomenal.

Are you comparing the graphics to a specific game? I only ask because it may be a difference in what we are comparing SWTOR's graphics to.
It's a pretty game, but no Skyrim.

However, that is the price for a MMO.

Shlamorel
12.14.2011 , 02:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Frakthefriendly View Post

Aye! I am not the gaming hardware expert, but I believe console games in general have technological advantages that allow better graphics than a PC, no?

I guess in my mind I've always separated MMO graphics from console graphics, so from an MMO mindset, I really enjoy the screenshots I've seen so far. Can't wait to see for myself!

DoctorBarber
12.14.2011 , 02:59 AM | #7
Is it true that there is still no in-game method for enabling Anti-Aliasing?

Quira
12.14.2011 , 03:02 AM | #8
No AA at this time. But game still looks good and runs very smoothly.
"Its very complex. If the pizza man truly love this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong." -Castiel

Recktion
12.14.2011 , 03:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Frakthefriendly View Post

I wouldn't exactly call Skyrim pretty looking, It could of looked much better.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shlamorel View Post
Aye! I am not the gaming hardware expert, but I believe console games in general have technological advantages that allow better graphics than a PC, no?

I guess in my mind I've always separated MMO graphics from console graphics, so from an MMO mindset, I really enjoy the screenshots I've seen so far. Can't wait to see for myself!
Hell no. Consoles are far inferior to PC hardware right now. The game doesn't look amazing because they want as many people playing it as possible so the graphics are weak in orer to maximize profits. They also have to keep in mind that there could be parts where there is 100+ people in spots.

Acharial
12.14.2011 , 03:32 AM | #10
The most important is that it gives you the 'Star Wars' feeling and I belive Bioware did a terrific job with that, looks fantastic!

In all honesty if you compare the animations and everything to other games It's not so bad. I find it the best looking mmo so far. The graphics are not realistic like AoC and other games but I still findit better looking for an mmo.