Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

Patoro
10.29.2013 , 12:53 PM | #251
Hi, I just want to say that this is one of the most complete and useful guides about crew skills and it helped a lot when I started planning my crew skills.

But i noticed that in the SWtor page it says that Kira Carsen has [ +1 Treasure Hunting Critical, +2 Synthweaving Critical ] and your guide says [ +5 crit synthweaving, +1 crit treasure hunting ].
Here's the link: http://www.swtor.com/holonet/companions/kira-carsen

Is this a mistake of the official page? Or this guide is not updated?
Thank you in advance for your reply.

KalTuroc
01.27.2014 , 07:31 AM | #252
Awesome job!! Very interesting and well put together. Thanks for this. However I was looking at the armstech for my sniper but during the course of running around and checking skills etc The information the game gives is to use slicing with scavenging for Armstech. From what I just read though your saying to use investigation. I am probably over thinking this and new to the the game. So investigation is really whats needed instead of slicing?? I have been using slicing which has been nice for the money but I haven't gotten anything from it but a few extra credits here and there. Can I get the items needed from Investigation and keep slicing just for the extra cash or is it worth it??

psandak
01.27.2014 , 10:11 AM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by KalTuroc View Post
Awesome job!! Very interesting and well put together. Thanks for this. However I was looking at the armstech for my sniper but during the course of running around and checking skills etc The information the game gives is to use slicing with scavenging for Armstech. From what I just read though your saying to use investigation. I am probably over thinking this and new to the the game. So investigation is really whats needed instead of slicing?? I have been using slicing which has been nice for the money but I haven't gotten anything from it but a few extra credits here and there. Can I get the items needed from Investigation and keep slicing just for the extra cash or is it worth it??
Both investigation and slicing are useful with regard to armstech.
  • Investigation gives materials to make barrels and weapons
  • Slicing gives the schematics to make augments and materials to make augments

That being said, I find myself making a LOT more barrels than augments for the simple fact that the Armstech augments are not highly sought (in order of what I see being requested in my guild):
  1. Fortitude
  2. Power
  3. Accuracy
  4. Critical
  5. Surge

All blue quality mission skill materials are cheap. This is because the overwhelming majority running mission skill missions run them for the purples. So the market is constantly flooded.

In the case of purple quality materials, Thermal Regulators (purple slicing) are consistently the most expensive followed closely by Berylius (purple Underworld Trading metal). Investigation purples are among the cheapest, but they are still more expensive than acquiring the materials through missions

Hoshkar
04.18.2014 , 11:38 AM | #254
Wish I found this post before I had gotten 450 in every craft already. My next set of characters I will be using this to min / max crafters. Why have 1 set of 450 crafters when you can have 2 right?

(that is if all the original posters info is still up to date)
New to the game? (Get a free starter pack!!!) Just coming back to the game after 90+ days? (Get a 7 day subscription, a bundle pack and 1 character transfer!!!) Feel free to use me as a Referral! (CLICK HERE)

Trickai
04.28.2014 , 04:33 AM | #255
Is this post up to date still? I notice in the list of crew bonuses that a couple are different that what is posted in the wiki. There are two differences I have spotted as listed below.

For example
Here - Zenith: +1 crit underworld trading, +15 eff Treasure hunting
Wiki - Zenith: +1 Underworld Trading . +15 Investigation

Here - Guss Tuno: +10 eff underworld trading, +2 crit investigation
Wiki - Guss Tuno : +2 Treasure Hunting , +10 Archaeology

psandak
04.28.2014 , 02:09 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Trickai View Post
Is this post up to date still? I notice in the list of crew bonuses that a couple are different that what is posted in the wiki. There are two differences I have spotted as listed below.

For example
Here - Zenith: +1 crit underworld trading, +15 eff Treasure hunting
Wiki - Zenith: +1 Underworld Trading . +15 Investigation

Here - Guss Tuno: +10 eff underworld trading, +2 crit investigation
Wiki - Guss Tuno : +2 Treasure Hunting , +10 Archaeology
Try http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=726927 instead. Not quite as detailed but gets the point across and it is current.

Trickai
04.30.2014 , 04:13 AM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Try http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=726927 instead. Not quite as detailed but gets the point across and it is current.
Thanks, that actually is very helpful despite the slightly lesser detail. Between the two they provide some good information on how to proceed.

imehiel
06.12.2014 , 11:19 PM | #258
Very great guide, found this very helpful! *bookmarked

JamieKirby
06.16.2014 , 04:30 PM | #259
Well for me, i haven't really noticed the difference, i mean when i send 2 companions out to gather say slicing lockboxes, my T7 droid which has 2x slicing critical bonus and my ship droid that has no bonuses at all, the ship droid tends to crit most of the time, while the other not so much at all.

ITs likely just sheer chance, but they need to make it more noticeable for me to even make a change, because right now, its just a waste of time to base it on companion bonuses.

psandak
06.16.2014 , 07:18 PM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Well for me, i haven't really noticed the difference, i mean when i send 2 companions out to gather say slicing lockboxes, my T7 droid which has 2x slicing critical bonus and my ship droid that has no bonuses at all, the ship droid tends to crit most of the time, while the other not so much at all.

ITs likely just sheer chance, but they need to make it more noticeable for me to even make a change, because right now, its just a waste of time to base it on companion bonuses.
Completely disagree. If you track missions and crafting over the long haul (several hundred to several thousand) you will see the crit bonuses do pan out.