Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your funniest moment so far in the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Your funniest moment so far in the game

Paelos
01.04.2012 , 01:17 PM | #1
I figured to add some levity to the general forums, I'd post my funniest moment in the game so far and hope others do the same.

As you may well know, whenever you talk to someone with a long piece of alien speakytalk, they tend to stare at you blankly long after they have finished jibberjabbering so you can read their long subtitles. If you are a fast reader, what you are usually left with is these awkward pauses in the conversation while you stare at the Rodian waiting for him to get to the point.

My funniest moment deals with one such Rodian who had a long winded way of expressing his anger with those people attacking him. As he was discussing in his speech about how awful these aliens were, he was oft given to dramatic pauses for effect. It went something like this:

Rodian: <jabber> Those guys are awful! <5 second stare>
Me: I can help you
Rodian: <jabber> Awesome because blah blah blah blah <5 second stare>

And then, just when you think the conversation is over. Just when you think he's done talking and perhaps has been doing the typical wait for you to finish reading pause, the Rodian raises a clenched fist and shakes it feebly at the character to express his undying hatred for those silly aliens.

And I died laughing because it was so unexpectedly awesome after series of these awkward pauses, one was FINALLY paid off. With a fist!

Daboozy
01.04.2012 , 01:18 PM | #2
mine is when I logged on, saw that they have not fixxed the Darth title and then logged off

Aleeha
01.04.2012 , 01:19 PM | #3
When I deleted it...

bmanthekid
01.04.2012 , 01:19 PM | #4
Mines was when i joined a PVP warzone, saw that it wasn't bracketed and logged off.
Less QQ More PEW PEW !!!!!!

Paelos
01.04.2012 , 01:23 PM | #5
I see the definitions of funny are very different so far.

Eysaathe
01.04.2012 , 01:24 PM | #6
Last night on my Bounty Hunter I was listening to an Alderaanian noble go on about his cousin escaping when his son was pushed into the room by another noble accusing him of having slept with his wife. After trying to extort the boy's father for some ancestral land the Noble turned to me and said "If you shoot this extorting good-for-nothing I'll pay you double." and after selecting the option, "Double-Deal." My Bounty Hunter, without even looking away from the Noble, turned her gun sideways and said "They're your credits." and shot the other dead.

I didn't expect that and just lost it laughing. I love the BH storyline and I love her sarcasm in so many answers.

Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see a positive/humorous post for once.
Dot Dot Dot - Remind you of something?

Doozzer
01.04.2012 , 01:28 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eysaathe View Post
Last night on my Bounty Hunter I was listening to an Alderaanian noble go on about his cousin escaping when his son was pushed into the room by another noble accusing him of having slept with his wife. After trying to extort the boy's father for some ancestral land the Noble turned to me and said "If you shoot this extorting good-for-nothing I'll pay you double." and after selecting the option, "Double-Deal." My Bounty Hunter, without even looking away from the Noble, turned her gun sideways and said "They're your credits." and shot the other dead.

I didn't expect that and just lost it laughing. I love the BH storyline and I love her sarcasm in so many answers.

Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see a positive/humorous post for once.
THIS.

I WAS GONNA SAY THIS.

This was so unbelievably awesome. I shot a man in the middle of a conversation, without even looking at him, while maintaining eye contact with the person I was talking too.

Then later, I shot Tarro Blood in cold blood because he wanted a Mandalorian duel of honor, but I much preferred that he die like a rat because that's how he killed my friends.

also spoilers.
(gain 50 dark side points)
TK-421, the fragrance for men.
"Because it was a boring conversation anyways."

racsofp
01.04.2012 , 01:29 PM | #8
Running along in Coruscant towards the taxi area thinking to myself it's very strange that on these incredibly tall buildings and cities they have no security railings in many places to prevent people from falling (or being pushed). People could just be walking along, trip and fall over the side of the city.

While running along and thinking this to myself, I turned the corner towards the taxi, jumped the railing, planned on hitting the ground running and instead fell to my death.

It amused me for some reason, anyways.
* Illegitimate casual gamer scum
* Those who can, do...those who can't, call everyone else baddies and demand crutches
Quote: Originally Posted by Brasherr View Post
I can't figure out rotations, or spells to use/not use because there is no target dummy, and there is no Recount.

Fyros
01.04.2012 , 01:29 PM | #9
Having C2-N2 as a companion. It's hilarious watching him dive into melee and try and punch things with his fists (you cannot give him a weapon).

Eysaathe
01.04.2012 , 01:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Doozzer View Post
THIS.

I WAS GONNA SAY THIS.

This was so unbelievably awesome. I shot a man in the middle of a conversation, without even looking at him, while maintaining eye contact with the person I was talking too.

Then later, I shot Tarro Blood in cold blood because he wanted a Mandalorian duel of honor, but I much preferred that he die like a rat because that's how he killed my friends.

also spoilers.
(gain 50 dark side points)
YEAH!!!!

On a serious note, though - I CANNOT wait to put a bullet (or 20) in Tarro Blood! My BH is level 30 and I'm just having the most fun ever on her!
Dot Dot Dot - Remind you of something?