Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, which class has the best/worst companions and best/worst story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, which class has the best/worst companions and best/worst story?

Pyrolight
01.15.2012 , 03:32 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Exclusive View Post
T-7 beeps too fast for me. I can read what he says but would prefer it to stay on screen a little longer.
That is a huge gripe of mine, all the subtitle required conversations/interactions should have been space bar advanced only.

Flamegeyser
02.09.2013 , 08:32 PM | #42
I have done the SW, and SI storys, and am currently on chapter 2 of the IA's

The inquisitor is really boring, but has an incredibly climactic ending.
All you do is go fetch something in chap. 1, fetch ghosts in chap. 2, and heal then kill some worthless darth in chap. 3

SW was okay, never really outstanding and never particularly dramatic but it worked fine. Villian is pretty cool too.

IA is incredible so far. There are different outcomes, consequences to your actions, surreal moments, drama, twists, and (gasp) occasional emotion in your characters voice!

I am about halfway through chapter 2 on IA, and the first chapter was good. For example, you can choose to get an injection to make you look like a normal buyer of a chemical you need.

One of the responses is "theres no way you're injecting anything into me" and there are 2 other options.

It does not seem to matter, you think you'll get an injection anyways, or that nothing will happen as the result of looking normal. But no, you have a fight if you are not injected.

The first chapter, i'll admit, I don't particularly like being unconnected with the other two, it just ends, and you are sent on a new mission. For what it was though, it was great. Chapter 2 seems like much more of a flowing narrative, and is good so far.

QuevvenXiltyn
02.09.2013 , 09:09 PM | #43
So far I like all the stories. The Trooper stands out, but that is because the VA is the same one who did Bastilla, and also the one behind Satele. Also because at the moment it seems I'm playing John McClane.

As for companions, I prefer healers or guys that can unload damage. Vette is funny, but would love to trade her for Kaliyo as it might fit better the personalities of their two "bosses". Corso annoys me slightly as he seems more of a back-water hick. Some of Mako's comments are beautiful (for instance when you get close to that ion cannon on Balmorra). Kira also has some good lines "Eat lightsaber, jerk!"

kirorx
02.09.2013 , 10:14 PM | #44
I have completed all but Trooper and Smuggler Storylines, but here is my outlook:

Companions:

SI and SW companions are great, i really enjoy the healers and I am sure people dont like Talos, but he is such an archeology nut, it makes sense IMO. I love customziation and there is alot of stuff you can do with these companions.

Agent companions much like the BH companions are great and they accent the job you are doing and make IMO a great deal of sense.

Consuler companions are pretty decent, i used the Tharan customization that makes him a black guy with cybereyes, and I love that look for him. I did not like him with the red beard at all, kinda wish he was not so anti force though.

Jedi Knight: I like Kira, Not a fan of Doc at all, he just has no flow IMO. I overall dislike this characters companions. I think this has alot to do with customization, Just not feeling these
----------------------------------------

Storylines:

That is a hard one. Alot of people disliked the consuler, but i loved it. Some parts i suppose could have been better.

I would probally say that IA is truly the overall best story, but so far I have enjoyed all of them.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

dacentabaal
02.09.2013 , 10:20 PM | #45
Short and sweet...

Story:- Sith Warrior is my fave hands down with Bounty Hunter coming up a very close 2nd

Companions:- Bounty Hunter minus Skadge
CE Owner
Friend Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8
Apparently I'm a 'Dev Troll' and shouldn't be taken seriously on anything I say...

Vicen
02.09.2013 , 10:24 PM | #46
Smuggler gets some very nice companions

Spoiler
Swooping...is...bad...

AgentJacen
02.09.2013 , 11:21 PM | #47
Story - Bounty Hunter
Companion - Blizz
"Only I've been both Jedi and Sith, and found clarity in the force." -Revan

Dawgtide
02.09.2013 , 11:29 PM | #48
Funny this type of thread got bumped. I just finished my 8th and last story in the middle of last week. And I am a super casual Bioware, so it is time to get the new story content out there. Not all of us are going to "gear up" or PVP.

Who has the best story?

As has been said time and again, Imperial Agent was very good. The only downside is how long it took to get to the second companion. The companions were a pretty well thought out and interesting group. Only problem I had is why did Temple have to go back to the ship so much LOL. Kaliyo gave me the biggest emotional reaction of any companion, so I think that helped with the story as well.

I liked the Bounty Hunter story as well. Maybe since it is my first one, I dunno. I am actually thinking about playing it again as it has been a year now for the character. I guess I will just get a different trait line. The Bounty Hunter's companions are good if for no other reason than we get Blizz. Gault and Mako are good too and even if I find him blah, Torian fits in well. There have been many threads on Skadge, but I found him funny.

As for worst stories, as many have said it was consular to me. I enjoyed the second and third chapter, but the first chapter was too repetitive. I think the inquisitor storyline was someone what similar in that regard to chapter 1. Also, don't get me started on the SI back and forth on Dromund Kaas, that got old.

I did enjoy Trooper, Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight and Smuggler stories though, The Trooper chapter 1 was pretty good too as the villains were interesting. This made it somewhat less repetiitve than others with regards to 5 planets.

As for companions, I wish more story would have been written about?

Broonmark, Akaavi Spar and Xalek, just seemed kind of thrown in there. I wish there was more "fleshing out" to them. Also, the Nadia Grell romance was way too fast. I know it was because she showed up late, but there could have been a couple of more conversations easily.

Hummorous companions?

M1-4X is one I really enjoyed. Nothing like a patriotic robot. Guus Taano is great too as many have said.

Lastly, I do want to end with what I have found to be the most humorous story so far.

Playing a dark side Jedi Knight gave me more laughs than anything. I think the writer really gave some funny lines in that.
Spoiler
, I have similar feelings with Smuggler and some of their companions.

Good stuff Bioware, now just please give us some more story. And hopefully, one day, some more talking with existing companions.
My Crew: * Dielika Dawgtide - Bodyguard Mercenary * Horris Dawgtide - Gunnery Commando * Tideford Dawgtide - Balance Shadow * Jadefaith Dawgtide - Engineering Sniper * Railroad Dawgtide - Vigilance Guardian * Forestry Dawgtide - Madness Sorcerer * Meagan Dawgtide - Sawbones Scoundrel * Domenica Dawgtide - Immortal Juggarnaut

Mirmirmi
02.09.2013 , 11:31 PM | #49
The Imperial Agent has the best story I've played so far. I doubt any others are going to be able to touch it. It's the kind of story that will keep you up until 2AM doing your class mission quests. It's that compelling.
Mirmirmi the Shadow Mirhap the Agent Mirlation the Knight Mirdur the Hunter Emirgency the Scoundrel

AshenK
02.10.2013 , 12:35 AM | #50
I liked it back when I could make my own 'class' with 32+ professions that I could mix and match. Along with that my 'companions' had been other players I met and became friends with as we worked on things together. And my storyline had me starting off as a humble melee fighter before working my way to become a Jedi Knight, something that I had to work with others to gain.

That was the best storyline know why? It was mine.