Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, which class has the best/worst companions and best/worst story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, which class has the best/worst companions and best/worst story?

Eldren
01.04.2012 , 02:07 PM | #21
I'm personally enjoying the Sith Marauder, and Jaesa is awesome. She doesn't care if I'm gung-ho Empire (like Quinn wants you to be), she doesn't care if I'm avoiding mindless violence (like Vette wants). She wants mindless, horrific violence if you go Dark Side when you acquire her. She gets off on it. I get so much rep with her for being just what I wanted to be: as Dark Side as the game will let me be.

Now if BioWare would just patch in same-sex romances. My Marauder is female, and I wanna romance my little psychopath.

Korrigan
01.04.2012 , 02:08 PM | #22
I love the healer companion for the Jedi Consular... go Shadow/Kinetic and you're almost immortal with good Tharan taking care of you.

I don't mind the Lizard either. His background/story is fun.

I guess most people dislike poor Qyzen because he's weird/alien looking. I don't mind that at all. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Qui-Gon Jinn.

HelluvaJedi
01.04.2012 , 02:09 PM | #23
Corso is such a loser. He sounds like he came straight out of Final Fantasy XIII. I was so glad when I got Bowdaar.

-Kraxis-
01.04.2012 , 02:12 PM | #24
BH probably has the best companions. I think BH is one of the only classes that gets a Healer companion right off the bat (Mako, our first companion). We also get a Jawa with a rocket launcher (Blizz)!... when he comes back from crafting missions, he says the most hilarious stuff... and he also surprises the crap out of you with his Jawa talk... you have to experience it, I can't do it full justice by just describing it, lol!

The rest of our companions are also pretty entertaining... Gault is cool.. Torian is OK.. Skag is kinda MEH tho.

Oulush
01.04.2012 , 02:21 PM | #25
Jedi Shadow here (inf tree all the way). Only use my third companion as I need more healing than using a tank to hold aggro. my DPS companions do shorten the time of killing mobs, but it requires me to heal myself end them afterwards, which is repetitive, therefore having a healer is much better. I don't like the first companion, and I think he is poorly done. my 5th companion just didn't feel like we were having anything in common, until the end of the quest line where he suddenly wanted to join me... I don't feel connected to the 5th companion at all, and therefore is no use to me.

The story line is very well done. The first chapter had a great climax where if you aren't careful your special ability could give you lots of trouble at the end. It also made me care as it was full of mysteries till the climax. Very well done overall.

I haven't finished the second chapter, but I do think I know who the 6th companion is going to be. I am excited as it feels it will be a great addition to the team. The little twist so far was unexpected but very surprising and enjoyable. I can't wait to see where it will lead.

I also played some alts as well. I like the Smuggler storyline so far. Very true to the movies roots and to a certain character in the movies. Especially if you play it as a female character. Lots of great dialog options that makes the story fun and certainly adds an immense immersion to it.

BH has an interesting storyline. First companion is fine, but feels... way to light sided if that makes sense. Male voice acting is amazing, and nothing beats his ******ery.

I think overall BW has proven once more that they can write great stories that fits the overall setting very well. Once again BW did not dissapoint. Lets hope they will keep up the good work!

Snorez
01.04.2012 , 02:21 PM | #26
Trooper is he only class I've played to 40 and I only have a couple of issues...

Tanno Vik is an ***... and I want to put a blaster round through his skull. He never shoulda made it into Havoc.

Aric Jorgan needs to come outa the closet... or stop whining at me when I'm trying to /flirt. Either will do

Cheers

Draile
01.04.2012 , 03:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
I'm personally enjoying the Sith Marauder, and Jaesa is awesome. She doesn't care if I'm gung-ho Empire (like Quinn wants you to be), she doesn't care if I'm avoiding mindless violence (like Vette wants). She wants mindless, horrific violence if you go Dark Side when you acquire her. She gets off on it. I get so much rep with her for being just what I wanted to be: as Dark Side as the game will let me be.

Now if BioWare would just patch in same-sex romances. My Marauder is female, and I wanna romance my little psychopath.
Sounds interesting.

Speaking of which, which companion do you all think has the most interesting romance?

Kind of a silly question since nothing is going to ever top Morrigan or Lelianna from Dragon Age, but whatever.

Thormart
01.04.2012 , 03:17 PM | #28
Trooper quest is simply awsome. M1 is the best patriotic sociopath ever!
----------------------
Owner and manager of the stiff lekk'u. The official 10/4/2011 Beta thread bar of the TOR forums.
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/01/29

SliggXx
01.04.2012 , 03:22 PM | #29
Smuggler story is good, though it seems to kind of slow down after Act 1. Risha is my favorite companion,as she is good eye candy and extremely sick dps if you gear her up properly. We literally clear even-level standard mob pulls of 5 in about 3 seconds.

Love whoever did the voice for her too.

Draile
01.04.2012 , 05:15 PM | #30
bumpemup