Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, which class has the best/worst companions and best/worst story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, which class has the best/worst companions and best/worst story?

Draile
01.04.2012 , 12:41 PM | #1
So far I like Jedi Shadow gameplay, but damn do I not care for Qyzen or the VA. I'm hoping his later companions add some flare, but so far(only level 16) it feels like my story line is mostly about saving grandma jedi and her friends from sickness.

Did the Korriban quests for the Sith Inquisitor and they were pretty nice, though Khem Val just feels like summoning my Felguard from WoW(not that there's anything wrong with that).

Also up to near the end of Coruscant with Jedi Knight. Story so far was decent and the red head girl is pretty awesome, but then the quest bugged out and my companion disappeared...leaving progression to be quite a challenge.

So far it feels like the Sith character stories are more or less about being a decent person in a bad place trying to make the most of it. While the Jedi quests feel like your standard save-the-world affair, even though the consular seems more interesting in digging up old relics than actually taking out the flesh beasts or saving the world.

Iskareot
01.04.2012 , 12:42 PM | #2
HATED------- Droid- hands down and it never shuts up.

Now heres the skinny on him after being in closed beta for a freaking year--

HE USED TO TALK MORE -- no joke they actually nerfed his talking(HES USED TO TALK TWICE AS MUCH)... yeah I know .. made you want to scream.

FACT: he is by all accounts the best healer in the game if fully geared well, (this is crazy but sadly true).

You can do some stats off this or if you find our old notes from the beta forums on this.

ALSO we all have one... not that it helps but he makes me so mad.

ALSO CALLED (once in beta) AS THE JAR JAR BINKS of SWTOR Lol..
Iskareot Sith/Rokareot Jedi sqd "Iknowwhatpinkbootswere"...
Old Bria'n Jedi Knight gone Dark!
(13th) build! vet and counting down the days until live!
www.legionofthefallen.net

FarVision
01.04.2012 , 01:00 PM | #3
Not a big fan of the Khem.

Gets in the way of looting and gathering. I've been twisting away at the last second so he'll fark off over to the side and not get in my way.

Normally he gets in the way of the camera, and I have to pan way out to see what I'm doing. Wouldn't mind a Companion Follow Radius setting in the prefs.

And that false spoken language is just sooo annoying. I would like an option into the prefs to turn off companion spoken dialogue.

USS MAN VAK KEL UHN VUHN ECK UN shutupshutupshutupshutup GOD SHUT UP

sevenex
01.04.2012 , 01:05 PM | #4
Can only speak about imperial agent.

Companions - I'd say they're ok. I really like the personality of my female BH tank companion. So far, however, she is pretty squishy for a tank. I have switched to my bug dude DPS companion. He isn't any tougher, but at least he can lay the beat down.

Story - Amazing! One of the best story lines I've ever experienced in a video game. I just started act 2 and the climax of act 1 was pretty awesome.

zootzoot
01.04.2012 , 01:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by sevenex View Post
Can only speak about imperial agent.

Companions - I'd say they're ok. I really like the personality of my female BH tank companion. So far, however, she is pretty squishy for a tank. I have switched to my bug dude DPS companion. He isn't any tougher, but at least he can lay the beat down.

Story - Amazing! One of the best story lines I've ever experienced in a video game. I just started act 2 and the climax of act 1 was pretty awesome.
The IA story is like a great spy novel/film. I'm skipping side quests now to see what happens next.

As far as Companions.

The Doc is great when I spec Concealment.
Scorpio or Vector are my favorites when I go Medic.

BluePlatypus
01.04.2012 , 01:10 PM | #6
Sith Inquisitor has the worst companions imo. Khem is just anoying, and there is no DS romance option for male characters. Inq has a good story though.

sevenex
01.04.2012 , 01:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by zootzoot View Post
The IA story is like a great spy novel/film. I'm skipping side quests now to see what happens next.

As far as Companions.

The Doc is great when I spec Concealment.
Scorpio or Vector are my favorites when I go Medic.
Awesome to know that it only gets better. I'm a sniper so I switch between shooting stuff ranged DPS or blowing stuff up ranged DPS. I'm looking forward to the doc, but so far Vector has just been much more helpful than Kaliyo. I have heard that if you load her up with +def gear, she gets much better. I'm gonna give that a go. She has a much better dark side personality than Vector.

pewny
01.04.2012 , 01:20 PM | #8
jedi consulars lizard companion is the worst i have seen. Reason being is because he is a melee tank/dps class that uses AIM and his primary stat. This wouldnt be a problem but trying to upgrade his weapon is a pain in the arse.

ptwonline
01.04.2012 , 01:21 PM | #9
I'm not very impressed with the Jedi Consular or the Sith Inquisitor companions.

Jedi stories feel pretty vanilla. Sith ones have a bit more flavor. Saving grace for Jedi Knight is that the female JK voice is fantastic: feminine, sweet, appealing. Even conversations I would rather skip through the 4th time around I listen to her answers because I love her voice.

Smuggler--I only have the first companion so far (Corso) but I like him. Smuggler story/conversation is much more lighthearted after playing the oh-so-heavy Jedi/Sith ones.

Republic Trooper I have not gotten far. Story on the opening world was kind of meh, and the 1st companion you get is pretty off-putting with his attitude.

magnuskn
01.04.2012 , 01:26 PM | #10
Jedi Consular has a bad to mediocre story and the majority of her/his companions are either bland or downright horrible. One companion is cool, but he rubs a lot of people the wrong way and he is a pretty bad choice for a force mystic. The female love interest is ultra-nice, but she is so nice that she has close to zero conflicts.
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.