Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Battlelord's Equipment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Jedi Battlelord's Equipment

Blev
01.09.2012 , 07:55 PM | #21
Blev - Jedi Guardian | Caladium - Sith Sorcerer | Randd - Commando
Sarin - Scoundrel | Serwyn - Jedi Sentinel | Varlene - Jedi Shadow

Cescparker
01.10.2012 , 12:11 AM | #22
So it's orange gear? I guess it's just good for looks then or is the gear itself good with mods/enhancements?

Blev
01.10.2012 , 07:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cescparker View Post
So it's orange gear? I guess it's just good for looks then or is the gear itself good with mods/enhancements?
You can make it extremely viable and could continue using it until you start replacing it with the Tier 2 Columi gear. With the Daily Comms Armoring as well as the Mods from the Heroic 2+ and the Epic Enhancements from Ilum/Artifice, you only end up at most, losing a point or two of Stats when compared to the Tionese gear, plus you have better control over which secondary stats you want, for example Defense versus Absorption.

I have found that I do not like the way some of the tier gear is currently itemized which is extremely frustrating as we have no current recourse at the moment other than yanking mods out of other tier gear and trying to patch it that way (which means for me, probably buying the Tier 2 Columi pants over and over again and yanking out the absorption mods).

Cescparker
01.10.2012 , 09:57 AM | #24
Thanks for the info Blev. After seeing your pics, I really really want that set. I will be saving my credits and hoping for some drops

Kurtt
01.11.2012 , 05:52 AM | #25
So pleased I found this thread. The armour looks as amazing as I thought it would!

So far, I've got the boots and gloves of the AH. On the lookout for the rest!
(▀!Ξ[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ▀!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) The Farstar Alliance

Kurtt
01.11.2012 , 06:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Blev View Post
You can make it extremely viable and could continue using it until you start replacing it with the Tier 2 Columi gear. With the Daily Comms Armoring as well as the Mods from the Heroic 2+ and the Epic Enhancements from Ilum/Artifice, you only end up at most, losing a point or two of Stats when compared to the Tionese gear, plus you have better control over which secondary stats you want, for example Defense versus Absorption.

I have found that I do not like the way some of the tier gear is currently itemized which is extremely frustrating as we have no current recourse at the moment other than yanking mods out of other tier gear and trying to patch it that way (which means for me, probably buying the Tier 2 Columi pants over and over again and yanking out the absorption mods).
Also, the recent Dev post explaining that soon, end game raid gear will be fully moddable, really makes this set (or any Orange custom set) viable for end game in the long term.
(▀!Ξ[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ▀!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) The Farstar Alliance

Aelyniss
01.11.2012 , 05:44 PM | #27
Anyone else noticing a lack of Battlelord items dropping or being found on the GTN? I haven't seen a single new Battlelord of Colossus item in around two weeks.

I'm actually starting to wonder if they have some kind of loot threshold, where only a certain number can drop in a given time period.

Then again, I could just be amazingly unlucky, but given the amount of time I've spent searching for them, I would have excepted to see at least ONE piece lately, of either the trooper or jedi sets.

human-error
01.12.2012 , 05:45 AM | #28
I had been buying the battlelords' gear from the GTM for a while but just received some Battlelord's greaves from an ancient premium mission box which I got from a standard treasure hunting mission (I've got treasure hunting 400).

Just need the armguards and saber to complete the battlelords' look now...

Blev
01.12.2012 , 06:25 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelyniss View Post
Anyone else noticing a lack of Battlelord items dropping or being found on the GTN? I haven't seen a single new Battlelord of Colossus item in around two weeks.

I'm actually starting to wonder if they have some kind of loot threshold, where only a certain number can drop in a given time period.

Then again, I could just be amazingly unlucky, but given the amount of time I've spent searching for them, I would have excepted to see at least ONE piece lately, of either the trooper or jedi sets.
They are fairly rare and difficult to find. I've been scouring the GTN, putting Companions out on lockbox missions, and doing all level 50 missions that result in blue lockboxes and have only seen items out of those boxes twice (and not even from the boxes I have gotten).

human-error
01.12.2012 , 06:32 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Blev View Post
They are fairly rare and difficult to find. I've been scouring the GTN, putting Companions out on lockbox missions, and doing all level 50 missions that result in blue lockboxes and have only seen items out of those boxes twice (and not even from the boxes I have gotten).
I think the box I got my kit from was a white standard quality box. It did come with a permium credit box so I think my treasure hunting mission did crit (as it would normally only gives me one box).

I've run maybe 40 treasure hunting missions for tier 6 lockboxes and this is the first battlelords' drop I've had, so they are quite rare.