Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Companion Bonuses


mfrags's Avatar


mfrags
12.13.2011 , 08:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeffa View Post
Level 3 atm, I'll post as soon as I get my first companion, unless someone beats me to it that is.
Thank you! Just started a thread and missed this one being up already...apologies.
"Go, I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have."

-Bacta Legends (Sith Empire)
-Glitterstim (Republic)

Belthinax's Avatar


Belthinax
12.13.2011 , 08:52 AM | #13
I'm personally torn on the previous companion skill bonuses. In one sense, I like that different classes end up having different things they are proficient in. On the other hand, I disliked that some crafting skills had the best boosts in only one faction.

@mfrags - No worries, its something quite a few of us are interested in.

Willamcu's Avatar


Willamcu
12.13.2011 , 08:55 AM | #14
I'm pretty sure the devs had indicated they would still be in. They had said that the bonuses are intentionally small enough that the difference is not a big deal from crafting.

I personally think it is better left in. Adds some flavor. By the time you get all of your companions, I imagine the bonuses will even out somewhat.
The Most Impressives

A small Sith guild on Eastern servers.

mfrags's Avatar


mfrags
12.13.2011 , 08:57 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Belthinax View Post
I'm personally torn on the previous companion skill bonuses. In one sense, I like that different classes end up having different things they are proficient in. On the other hand, I disliked that some crafting skills had the best boosts in only one faction.

@mfrags - No worries, its something quite a few of us are interested in.
I see what you are saying Belt and I concur, to a degree. However, I am a staunch supporter of faction uniqueness/differences over balance. I can understand the need for classes to be balanced, but I welcomed the crew skill companion bonuses as something that made the two factions unique. The bonuses also add some flavor to the companion's story/codex.
"Go, I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have."

-Bacta Legends (Sith Empire)
-Glitterstim (Republic)

DeeDawg's Avatar


DeeDawg
12.13.2011 , 08:59 AM | #16
Im against the bonuses, as Efficiency = time reduction, Crit = crit.

I'd obviously rather the crit.

So as an Inquisitor, my top crit is +5 Artifice crit, so i feel it almost forces me to go Artifice.

Eujin's Avatar


Eujin
12.13.2011 , 09:23 AM | #17
I took a lot of notice on this during Beta, as there was /great/ disparity between the Classes.

(Some classes have far more bonus points from their companions then others.)

While I won't be able to reverify that in any quick amount of time, I'll let you know if my first companion still has the skill bonuses.

mfrags's Avatar


mfrags
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Eujin View Post
I took a lot of notice on this during Beta, as there was /great/ disparity between the Classes.

(Some classes have far more bonus points from their companions then others.)

While I won't be able to reverify that in any quick amount of time, I'll let you know if my first companion still has the skill bonuses.
Thank you kindly, as the recent threads on the first page seem to be click-on-link spam...
"Go, I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have."

-Bacta Legends (Sith Empire)
-Glitterstim (Republic)

Belthinax's Avatar


Belthinax
12.13.2011 , 10:43 AM | #19
A guildmate of mine who got in the first wave just confirmed that companion bonuses are still present and Khem Val's are the same as the last beta build.

Starleash's Avatar


Starleash
12.13.2011 , 10:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Belthinax View Post
A guildmate of mine who got in the first wave just confirmed that companion bonuses are still present and Khem Val's are the same as the last beta build.
I see. Thank you for the info.
My referral link (subscribers that use it get juicy rewards):
http://www.swtor.com/r/mcVFsz