Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Sorc - Best Stats, Gearset?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
DPS Sorc - Best Stats, Gearset?

Elzario
01.03.2012 , 01:51 PM | #1
As a dps sorcerer I must admit I am a little confused as to what the best stats are. I had been told that Willpower then crit and surge were a lightning wielders friend, but when I recently purchased the Columi Force-Mystics Robe I found it had a set bonus associated with healers. As the game doesnt show you the set bonuses on a piece at the vendor, I am still baffled which one is supposed to be for the lightning sorc. There are four sets:

Columi Force-Master
Columi Force-Mystic
Columi Force Stalker
Columi Survivor

Which one is the dps set for Lightning and should I be focusing on willpower/crit/surge or willpower/accuracy/power?

Ashnazg
01.03.2012 , 02:00 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Elzario View Post
As a dps sorcerer I must admit I am a little confused as to what the best stats are. I had been told that Willpower then crit and surge were a lightning wielders friend, but when I recently purchased the Columi Force-Mystics Robe I found it had a set bonus associated with healers. As the game doesnt show you the set bonuses on a piece at the vendor, I am still baffled which one is supposed to be for the lightning sorc. There are four sets:

Columi Force-Master
Columi Force-Mystic
Columi Force Stalker
Columi Survivor

Which one is the dps set for Lightning and should I be focusing on willpower/crit/surge or willpower/accuracy/power?
Force-Master is supposed to be our dps set, but really - just pick what you want. The only worthwhile dps set bonus is the 2 piece Force-master which gives you lower cooldown on Crushing Darkness and 0.5% hp back on its ticks.

As far as stats, some people swear by surge / crit. Until combat logs roll around, we won't know one way or the other whether thats better than accuracy stacking (for resist penetration) or stacking alacrity / etc.

Daellia
01.03.2012 , 03:44 PM | #3
Quote:
Force-Master is supposed to be our dps set, but really - just pick what you want. The only worthwhile dps set bonus is the 2 piece Force-master which gives you lower cooldown on Crushing Darkness and 0.5% hp back on its ticks.
Those are the PvP set bonuses (Battlemasters gear). The PvE ones (Rakata gear) are much better for dps:

Quote:
2 pieces: Reduces cost of Lightning Strike and Force Lightning or Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw by 2.
4 pieces: Affliction or Weaken Mind damage has a 10% chance to increase alacrity by 5% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds.
Side note: Accuracy is useless to Sorcs. Force powers have a base 100% accuracy, and mobs don't have any base resist. Accuracy is a melee/ranged stat.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

Elzario
01.03.2012 , 04:33 PM | #4
You mention the Rakata gear has the bonuses...but which set? Force Master? Is that the definitive set for Sorc lightning then?

Daellia
01.03.2012 , 04:40 PM | #5
Quote:
You mention the Rakata gear has the bonuses...but which set? Force Master? Is that the definitive set for Sorc lightning then?
Yes, Force Masters. Force Mystic is the healing set, Stalker is the assassin dps set, and Survivers is the tanking set.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

Ashnazg
01.03.2012 , 05:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Daellia View Post
Those are the PvP set bonuses (Battlemasters gear). The PvE ones (Rakata gear) are much better for dps:

Side note: Accuracy is useless to Sorcs. Force powers have a base 100% accuracy, and mobs don't have any base resist. Accuracy is a melee/ranged stat.
Thats true, I forgot he was asking about the pve stats.

The other thing that interests me is how valuable accuracy stacking is in pvp.