Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how to cancel pre-order

Emeralddragon
12.13.2011 , 10:33 PM | #21
Just so you know.. the 18th is 5 days prior to the 22nd release...I'd say its pretty good to get access this early
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

Maldarrien
12.13.2011 , 10:36 PM | #22
I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition in March. Should I be upset that I'm not in the early access? I feel like something has gone horribly wrong.

ishandi
12.13.2011 , 10:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zube View Post
you joined 3 weeks ago and you're complaining about not getting in on Day 1? On Dec 13th which they just announced last week (which is 2 days earlier than the initial report? You are funny...
I joined in Dec, 2009 and my date changed to June 2011 or something. Something weird happened when they merged in Origin accounts I think.

So don't assume

Zube
12.13.2011 , 10:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ishandi View Post
I joined in Dec, 2009 and my date changed to June 2011 or something. Something weird happened when they merged in Origin accounts I think.

So don't assume
False... clearly it didn't happen to me...

monsterdrinker
12.13.2011 , 10:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Maldarrien View Post
I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition in March. Should I be upset that I'm not in the early access? I feel like something has gone horribly wrong.
Possibly. I have a couple friends that ordered in the beginning of July that have not received their access yet. There is obviously a glitch somewhere in their system that is going to lead to poor customer satisfaction.

DoctorVanGogh
12.13.2011 , 10:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ishandi View Post

So don't assume
I think he was referring to the thread starter, who has a join date of Nov 2011 (which would make it anywhere between 7 and 3 weeks).
Band of Brothers
Eine PvE/PvP Republik Gilde auf The Jedi Tower, EU

FStatus
12.13.2011 , 10:43 PM | #27
I preordered for the stuff I get with the deluxe edition... I could care less about the head start. I was under the assumption that I COULD get up to 5 (now 7) days of early access. Not that I WOULD. It was pretty clearly stated for me... I am more than happy to wait and possibly get 1 day of a head start. All the people complaining should try reading what is said a little better next time.

Quote:
Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!
Even the advertisements on the from page say "You may receive up to 5 days early access". Not you WILL.

I'm not in the early access and I've been registered for this site since '08 and I pre ordered back in July. I ain't ******** bricks, just calm down and be happy they actually made this game. Christ.
Eating thunder and crapping lightning. Huzzah!

ishandi
12.13.2011 , 10:46 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterBurst View Post
This is not entirely acturate. A large amount of people preorder the game in the first 72 hours, possible over 100,000 people base on my estimation. True most player who got in today did preorder in the first three days.
The only thing that is frustrating me is that the servers have all been "Light" load for the past 7 or so hours and they are only did a few rounds of invites over 6 hours in the past day. At least I assume that - I checked once 6 hours ago and once now.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more aggressive, because at the end of the day we are all going to be on these servers together anyway.

I think a lot of people didn't know or had no way to know there would be a staggered entry when they pre-ordered. The amount of time of the early access doesn't matter, so long as we can play together. The "up to" stuff everyone responds with has little bearing.

Part of the fun is leveling with your friends, and that is not going to be much of an option for many due to the way this is happening.

Regardless, the person wants to know how to cancel their order - so we should maybe help him/her. I think you have to actually call Origin if you purchased it through them. I was not able to find a way to cancel either.

druvokus
12.13.2011 , 10:47 PM | #29
Even the advertisements on the from page say "You may receive up to 5 days early access". Not you WILL.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^ this.

pinkfuzzybunny
12.13.2011 , 10:52 PM | #30
You do realize that these free days they might be giving you are days that you aren't paying for, right? That is to say, your billing isn't going to start till the 20th, regardless of when they let you in.

That means at the least you'll be getting 50 cents worth of play time for free. Think of all the moon pies you could buy with 50 cents. I would be greatful that they are giving you anything for free.