Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you feel that you are betraying your own faction by playing the opposite faction?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Do you feel that you are betraying your own faction by playing the opposite faction?

Packersfan
12.13.2011 , 09:53 PM | #1
I've always kinda pondered this...from an RP standpoint, i tend to always take one side. I guess the effect is lessened if you roll opposite factions on different servers.
"Look at the size of that thing!"
"Hey Luke, thanks for coming after me. Now I owe you one."
"Wedge! Pull out! You're not doing any good back there!"
"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!

Captain_Zone
12.13.2011 , 09:57 PM | #2
Dude..... It's a game. -backs away very slowly-
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Packersfan
12.13.2011 , 10:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Dude..... It's a game. -backs away very slowly-
Lol, i know, as i said in the original post...
Quote:
...from an RP standpoint....
"Look at the size of that thing!"
"Hey Luke, thanks for coming after me. Now I owe you one."
"Wedge! Pull out! You're not doing any good back there!"
"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!

KelaSaar
12.13.2011 , 11:56 PM | #4
I'm a big fan of the Sith, so I do feel a little weird playing Republic. I didn't think it would impact my RP at first, and then I looked at the Republic characters I'd come up with and realized they were much more evil and crazy than any of my Imperials.

Cary
12.14.2011 , 04:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KelaSaar View Post
I'm a big fan of the Sith, so I do feel a little weird playing Republic. I didn't think it would impact my RP at first, and then I looked at the Republic characters I'd come up with and realized they were much more evil and crazy than any of my Imperials.
I am a Sith fan too, but every tom dick and harry will role a sith inquisitor or Sith warrior I decided to go with the republic.
AMD Bulldozer FX-8 8120 @ 4GHz | nVidia GeForce GTX 670 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1800MHz | Asus Crosshair V 990FX | Samsung 22" LED HDMI @ 1920x1080 | Antec 1200 Gaming Case | Corsair Professional Gold AX1200 PSU

Shornaal
12.14.2011 , 04:17 AM | #6
From a RP standpoint, all my characters are different, with different backgrounds, differents goals and personnalities. Why would they feel bad that the dude creating them also creates characters on the other side (and that's assuming we break the fourth wall and they know they're being created out of pixels and binary code)?
Did you mean that *you* feel bad because *you* feel that you belong to a fictional faction set in a galaxy far, far away? _

In either case I feel that's a weird question.

o(|ịịịịịịịị|}:::⊨{|(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

BenjaminminU
12.14.2011 , 06:51 AM | #7
I dont think there is any problem with playing both factions, if you RP each character seperately then it should be fine.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Grimmas
12.14.2011 , 07:01 AM | #8
They'll be part of the same legacy though.

Shornaal
12.14.2011 , 07:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmas View Post
They'll be part of the same legacy though.
Let's say, like Anakin and Luke.

o(|ịịịịịịịị|}:::⊨{|(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Capella
12.14.2011 , 07:20 AM | #10
Because I plan on most of my characters being Imperial, running the Esseles and attacking poor Imperials just doing their job on their ship made me feel a little guilty.
Main: Auriva, Sith Juggernaut | Guild: CIF Lords | Server: The Ebon Hawk | Crafts: Synthweaving ; Cybertech