Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rolling Release = Not 5 waves in less then 24 Hours.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rolling Release = Not 5 waves in less then 24 Hours.

sednal
12.13.2011 , 09:30 PM | #1
A rolling release is exactly what it sounds like, a continuous rolling release of game access to players not FIVE waves in LESS then 24 hours to an extremely small % of the pre-order population.
tekforce of EVE, Corp: M0o - Retired
Polo Basilisk of SWG on Bria - Retired

Skoobie
12.13.2011 , 09:31 PM | #2
How many MMO's have you released?

Hypernetic
12.13.2011 , 09:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
The same number as Bioware.

Aowar
12.13.2011 , 09:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post

How many has Bioware?

Skoobie
12.13.2011 , 09:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
The same number as Bioware.
Which one?

ptwonline
12.13.2011 , 09:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aowar View Post
How many has Bioware?
People keep claiming that SWTOR has not launched yet, so I guess zero.

sednal
12.13.2011 , 09:35 PM | #7
troll me all you want, just have read every email they have sent me along with official posts and this doesn't seem like a rolling release but more like, were scared our servers are gonna take a ****.

And if you say it hasn't launched yet why is there an official post saying we are launching today lol.

"This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you." - Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk Co-Founders, BioWare

ptwonline
12.13.2011 , 09:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by sednal View Post
A rolling release is exactly what it sounds like, a continuous rolling release of game access to players not FIVE waves in LESS then 24 hours to an extremely small % of the pre-order population.
While I don't fault them for taking a stoppage to evaluate where they are...but an 18 hour stoppage? That's a receipe to frustrate a lot of people.

sednal
12.13.2011 , 09:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
While I don't fault them for taking a stoppage to evaluate where they are...but an 18 hour stoppage? That's a receipe to frustrate a lot of people.
agree 100% with you.

Fungi
12.13.2011 , 09:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by sednal View Post
Honestly, despite my trolling, I'm not super concerned about when I get into early access. I pre-ordered late. The rationale, however, for how this fiasco has been conducted concerns me deeply, and I hope that the people who made the decisions about the launch of this game are not the same people making decisions about the content and quality of the game.
pew-pew.