Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there an easy way to disable the UI, including Nameplates?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Is there an easy way to disable the UI, including Nameplates?

SpeckledHen
01.02.2012 , 10:50 PM | #1
Hi all, I know that alt-z makes the user interface disappear. However, it does not make nameplates disappear. Is there an easy way to make everything disappear for screenshots?

I have not been able to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

starwarstannith
01.02.2012 , 11:33 PM | #2
control U

Cryptor
01.03.2012 , 01:40 AM | #3
If you actually look into the settings menu you will see that there is many options to disable various nameplates.

Very casual guild for players over the minimum age requirement of 25. We've been playing together since 1995, check us out at Gunbad.com

_Tarla
01.03.2012 , 02:41 AM | #4
Alt + Z removes all UI from the screen. Good for screenshots.

Sorry, just read the post properly and you already knew this!

TalonKorsaire
01.03.2012 , 04:09 AM | #5
Short answer. No.

Long answer NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I really miss this feature from LOTRO where pressing the N key would turn off all the nameplates in one go. Now to take a screen shot you have to go into the preferences and turn them all off.

Hopefully BW add this sometime but I wouldn't hold my breath as they have a long list of bugs to fix first.
The Watchers of Aartan
Republic Guild

Sibelius
01.03.2012 , 04:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorsaire View Post
Short answer. No.

Long answer NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I really miss this feature from LOTRO where pressing the N key would turn off all the nameplates in one go. Now to take a screen shot you have to go into the preferences and turn them all off.

Hopefully BW add this sometime but I wouldn't hold my breath as they have a long list of bugs to fix first.
Erm, you can disable nameplates permanently in the preferences screen. One of the first things I done in after starting the game.

-Azimov-
01.03.2012 , 05:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sibelius View Post
Erm, you can disable nameplates permanently in the preferences screen. One of the first things I done in after starting the game.
Except he doesnt want to perma disable them, he wants to turn them off for screenshots.

CTRL + P is a shortcut to open the preferences menu, it normally remembers what section you were viewing last so that helps a bit if you have to toggle them a lot.
I don't think there is a keybind to toggle them though, like aformentioned N in lotro.

SpeckledHen
01.03.2012 , 05:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by -Azimov- View Post
Except he doesnt want to perma disable them, he wants to turn them off for screenshots.

CTRL + P is a shortcut to open the preferences menu, it normally remembers what section you were viewing last so that helps a bit if you have to toggle them a lot.
I don't think there is a keybind to toggle them though, like aformentioned N in lotro.
Yes, exactly. I do not want to permanently disable nameplates. I like having them during normal gameplay but do not want to have to disable them for screenshots. Control-U does not seem to disable them either.

I guess for picturesque landscape shots I will go to preferences. For action shots...erm I will...well, I'm not sure. Thanks everyone.

Disodium
01.03.2012 , 06:08 PM | #9
Sounds like you need: http://db.darthhater.com/items/9551/holocamera/
It removes all UI, but is only available from the DDE/CE versions of the game I believe.
▓█ [SITH LEGION] █▓
Server: Dalborra
Guild Desc: Australian 18+ Casual/Relaxed guild.