Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Could another SW sandbox game be tried?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Could another SW sandbox game be tried?

Intarabus
01.07.2012 , 06:31 PM | #21
I think they should leave it to Bethesda to make a sandbox MMO in the Elder Scrolls world, they are the best for it.
For a Star Wars game I would not like it and don't think it is good because I think people want to see how it goes along with the story about the jedi and so on. The best games of the franchise like X-Wing, the Jedi Knight oder the KOTOR series were all strongly story-based, and thats what I want to have.

Restepor
01.07.2012 , 06:37 PM | #22
Maybe not as an MMO, but I would love to see this as a solo game. I just wished someone in Lucas Arts would push for BF3, RC2, Kotor 3, and something like this instead of Star Wars Kinect.

itekazzawrrlic
01.07.2012 , 06:40 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bielduwyn View Post
I don't see it happening, games are expensive to make, and MMOs especially so. It requires a huge investment and huge amounts of effort, and after the relative failure of SWG I don't think anyone is willing to try that again in a hurry. Especially not when the dust of SWG's collapse hasn't settled yet.
Hold on now a second.... SWG wasn't a failure. At least not until they tried to tweek it to make it more WOW like.
Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows?

SWG Gorath

itekazzawrrlic
01.07.2012 , 06:44 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TrandoshanMarine View Post
Just ignore the whole " U NEVAR PLAI BEFORE PRE-NGE CU" It's just somthing that they throw into their comments to make them feel like they have entitlement to something that isn't there...Just like the people who say they played "Vanilla WoW". I played Pre-NGE/CU and after it...It was a great all around game. The only reason they left was beacuase they didn't want change. Combat was horrific in SWG anyway you put it. Crafting, space, and, roleplay were fine tuned and exceptional.

If someone could take the idea of SWG and refine it...It would be fantastic. SWTOR's story for classes is amazing and emotion evoking, take that and put it into a game where you can do anything you want with repercussions for every one of your actions and you've got yourself the God sandbox MMO.
Again, spoken like someone who never played pre cu. The poit of saying that is not to lord it over you but to inform you that you have no clue what you're talking about.
Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows?

SWG Gorath

Chronokeeper
01.07.2012 , 06:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Not really, only 1-2 are real successful.

And Bethesda best not touch SW. Skyrim is their only good game, Fallout NV has more glitches than people who've bought the game.
um Bethesda didn't make FO:NV Obsidian did.
I find your lack of faith disturbing! (██████████████]Ξ█▒▒▒█ΞΘΞ█▒▒▒█Ξ[███████████████)

OutOfSight
01.07.2012 , 07:29 PM | #26
I would really hope so.
"It says that the effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

BrandonSM
01.07.2012 , 07:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Chronokeeper View Post
um Bethesda didn't make FO:NV Obsidian did.

Bethesda did. Obsidian is the publisher, like Activision. Bethesda is the game company. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks

Like BW is the game company and EA is the publisher.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Altephor
01.08.2012 , 12:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
but it does make sense that a non WoW-type of an MMO may result in failure..

WoW is not the be-all end-all MMORPG. In fact, a lot would say it ruined the MMO genre.

I love these *********** idiots who played WoW and think it's the only MMO ever made.

There were PLENTY of MMOs before WoW, most of which were sandbox games. They didn't fail.

BrandonSM
01.09.2012 , 10:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
WoW is not the be-all end-all MMORPG. In fact, a lot would say it ruined the MMO genre.

I love these *********** idiots who played WoW and think it's the only MMO ever made.

There were PLENTY of MMOs before WoW, most of which were sandbox games. They didn't fail.
Compared to WOW, I'd say about every MMO fails in camparison when it comes to sales.
Its unfortunate but its the true.

8 years ago, most MMO's had a cap of 350,000 subs. 7 years ago, WOW came and they started off with a quickly increasing number and finally got a total of 12 million subs creating a record that still holds today. I hope it changes soon they.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

gearbow
01.13.2012 , 02:13 PM | #30
Pls pls bring in a sandbox Star Wars theme game.