Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Security Key

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VeganHipster
01.01.2012 , 01:23 PM | #1
Is there any way I can access my account even though I lost my security key? I was trying to remove it anyways. Thanks.

Jimer_Lins
01.01.2012 , 01:25 PM | #2
The only way to remove or change a security key on your account is to contact Customer Service.

Consider that if there were a way to remove it without the key or human involvement, there would be no point to having it in the first place.
Jimer Lins, Juyo Server

Be sure to tune in to my LIVE weekly two-hour SWTOR talk show, Live From the Nar Shaddaa Lounge, every Tuesday night at 7 PM Pacific!

Javanoid
01.01.2012 , 01:27 PM | #3
I would be freaking out it I lost my phone (which has the security key app on it, in my case).

That being said, I'm considering removing it as I find it very, very annoying to have to boot up the key just to log into the forums...

VeganHipster
01.01.2012 , 01:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimer_Lins View Post
The only way to remove or change a security key on your account is to contact Customer Service.

Consider that if there were a way to remove it without the key or human involvement, there would be no point to having it in the first place.
I know, which is why I posted on the forums hoping a mod or someone would have knowledge as to whether or not they could remove it from my account.

But I have found the authenticator just right now, so close this thread please! Thank you!

DryBear
01.06.2012 , 07:09 PM | #5
FWIW, I had the security key running on my Android Phone (HTC Evo 4G) and it was running great - I like the extra security after knowing about problems my friends playing WoW were having with account theft.

Anyway, I decided to flash my phone with a different ROM (was running MikG, and switched to Swagged Out Stock) so I did the usual backup, and phone wipe. After restoring my apps, the security key app would not run. So I clear the data, and it is asking for the info to generate the key. Fair enough... only problem is that to login to my account online, I need to enter the security key that would have been generated by the app that is also asking for a code

So I call the BioWare Tech support, and the guy was able to help me - the thing is, he had to delete my key, and told me that there was no way to generate a new one. I could still log into my account, but will apparently NEVER AGAIN have the ability to use a security code. The tech said they were "working on it," but could not give me a timeframe for when (or if) they would fix this.

So, fair warning - DO NOT LOSE THE KEY!!

mariosmith
01.06.2012 , 07:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
FWIW, I had the security key running on my Android Phone (HTC Evo 4G) and it was running great - I like the extra security after knowing about problems my friends playing WoW were having with account theft.

Anyway, I decided to flash my phone with a different ROM (was running MikG, and switched to Swagged Out Stock) so I did the usual backup, and phone wipe. After restoring my apps, the security key app would not run. So I clear the data, and it is asking for the info to generate the key. Fair enough... only problem is that to login to my account online, I need to enter the security key that would have been generated by the app that is also asking for a code

So I call the BioWare Tech support, and the guy was able to help me - the thing is, he had to delete my key, and told me that there was no way to generate a new one. I could still log into my account, but will apparently NEVER AGAIN have the ability to use a security code. The tech said they were "working on it," but could not give me a timeframe for when (or if) they would fix this.

So, fair warning - DO NOT LOSE THE KEY!!
they probably replied to those spam emails, which is not from battlenet is from hackers trying to get your password like really, are they that into wow to go on and still accounts just to have more accounts on wow

XxTripleBeamxX
04.13.2012 , 11:52 AM | #7
Easy way to access your account is to just call them and speak to a billing agent. I installed the security key app on my phone but reinstalled a new Rom on it and totally forgot to back up that app so I had to re download and install it which than it asked for the serial number and activation code which I couldn't do because my account was security locked. All I did was call the billing dpt., was on hold for maybe 10 seconds to speak with an agent, they asked for my email, name and 2 of my security questions just to verify it was me, they removed the security key lock and I was back to playing SWTOR. Total time took like 3 minutes.

SPAZTIK_MONSTER
04.15.2012 , 04:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by XxTripleBeamxX View Post
Easy way to access your account is to just call them and speak to a billing agent. I installed the security key app on my phone but reinstalled a new Rom on it and totally forgot to back up that app so I had to re download and install it which than it asked for the serial number and activation code which I couldn't do because my account was security locked. All I did was call the billing dpt., was on hold for maybe 10 seconds to speak with an agent, they asked for my email, name and 2 of my security questions just to verify it was me, they removed the security key lock and I was back to playing SWTOR. Total time took like 3 minutes.
What is the number you called because this just happened to me please help man

danpen
04.15.2012 , 04:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SPAZTIK_MONSTER View Post
What is the number you called because this just happened to me please help man
Right you will need to hit the help bottun if you have bit done that ok or try rining them up.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Axolipher
04.15.2012 , 04:18 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings VeganHipster,

To remove your security key from your account over the phone we only require you to verify your account. This can easily be done by just answering the security questions attached correctly when asked.

You can find the international phone number for contacting us at the bottom of our support page here.

Some users have explored alternative methods to call from countries other than those listed as toll free, you can read more about that here and here.

Thank you!

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support